Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question How would you rate your Spyder Dealer?

Curious….. How would you rate your CanAm Spyder Dealer experience for overall sales, service and parts on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is outstanding?
    Could you omit dealer name but include location.

Roscoe, Illinois - delivered new F3L with a dead battery, broken trunk micro switch , front fender light wire harnesses dragging on tires, not installed in pigtail holders.-rate 5/10
    Johnson Creek, Wisconsin - Tried Charging me for procedure not done, alignment not properly done, center steer incorrect - 5/10
    Last edited by bikerchris1270; 02-01-2022 at 05:18 PM. Reason: spaces
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

When I bought my 2019 F3S late fall of 2019, only (2) dealers had what I wanted. Nielsen's (IL) and Cedar Creek in Cedarburg. My old PT employer (Engelharts in Madison) didn't have it. Cedar Creek was easy to deal with on the sale. As far as service, I know the shop foreman at Mad City from my days at Engelhart. Marty is a good guy. Turnover has taken away everyone I know at Engelharts. I'll use Mad City for any service I can't do on my own. I've heard nice things about Rob's, but unless I have issues, I'll stay at Mad City.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have dealt with two in the Las Vegas Valley: Two Yamahas and one Can-Am from one dealership, with all aspects of sales service, and parts outstanding; therefore a 10 rating.

For the other one: One Honda, with service department mounting tires on that Honda and recently on my Triumph, another 10 rating.

Had I been asked to rate the Triumph / Moto Guzzi dealership...
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

rate = 6, Central Minnesota, certainly not any higher!
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

CanAm dealer in Rapid City…. Not so good. When my 2011 went into limp mode with the Throttle bodies issue, they said that it would be over a grand to fix it. Fortunately a friend that was a CanAm mechanic said it was a known issue and the there was a bulletin out on it. Said to have them put in a case and it would be covered under warranty. (Which it it was). Then when I went to buy my 2017, I found out I could get it for $1500 bucks less in Sioux Falls. They said go get it then so I did. Didn’t even try and come down any. Needless to say no recommendation here.
    Last edited by RapidSpyder; 02-10-2022 at 10:13 PM.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have used two dealers for my seven Spyders. The first dealer was very good at first. From 2008 - 2019 the service got progressively worse. They gave me one "deal of my life" on a brand new, two year old Kawi Vuican 900. No such deals on the five Spyders I bought from them. It was pretty much take or leave it. 1500 miles from other dealers, I took it, because I was really into Spyders.

I bought the other two spyders from an internet provider. I got good deals in both cases, the delivery was flawless. Never had service from them. Spyderpops and Lamonster have serviced both of these. No warranty work required so far. I am hearing that now that it is a buyers market...the deals have gone away.

I tried to deal with one of the biggies when I first moved to Arkansas. I did the secret shopper method...did not identify myself...don't know if that would have made a difference....but they would not deal one dollar off their price...which was a couple thousand off of what I was willing to pay. The internet provider won on those deals.

I will not give any of the above a number rating. My comments about the internet provider are well published on SL. Nothing bad to say on my dealings with them.

At 76, I am done buying Spyders. I recently traded the 2015 Vulcan on a Kawi mule.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-05-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

There are two dealers here in the Phoenix valley area. One with several stores and I rate them as a 1-. The other has only 3 stores and they are a bit better. I would rate them as a 3. Lack of good local dealer service, cost of service, and inability to have ANY work or repairs done in a reasonable time are the primary reasons I no longer own a Spyder..... Jim
    Last edited by canamjhb; 02-01-2022 at 05:20 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    Curious….. How would you rate your CanAm Spyder Dealer experience for overall sales, service and parts on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is outstanding?
    Could you omit dealer name but include location.

Roscoe, Illinois - delivered new F3L with a dead battery, broken trunk micro switch - rate 5/10
    Johnson Creek, Wisconsin - Charged for procedure not done, alignment not properly done, center steer incorrect - 5/10
    I bought my Spyder this past June at the dealer in Roscoe, IL that you had such a bad experience with. They made me a more than fair offer on the Goldwing I traded in for the new RT, spent time with me making sure I knew how everything worked when I picked it up, programmed my phone to pair with the Spyder's BRP Connect, and when I came back two weeks later to have them install handlebar risers and a phone mount for me they did it perfectly and for a minor cost. So far I would give them a 9/10. If they had a nice waiting area for service, with free donuts and coffee, I would change that to a 10/10.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2022 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We have only 1 Spyder dealer here on the lower mainland of British Columbia, Canada and this 1 dealer has 2 locations. One is in Langley and the other is in Chilliwack. I have only dealt with the Chilliwack location, but have no reason to think that the Langley location is any different. I would give the Chilliwack location a 10 out of 10 rating both for sales as well as service and I have no hesitation in dealing with them.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

The two dealerships in Kansas that I am familiar with are the dealer in Topeka, Ks and the dealer in Wichita, Ks. Bought my 2019 RTL from the Topeka dealer and they were great to deal with and their service department is run by a straight up guy that really took care of my bike and the additions I had them install after purchase. I live closer to Wichita by a long shot so fall of 2021 took the Spyder to the Wichita dealer to do an oil change. Same great service. No fooling around on the prices and oil change with parts was done correctly and at a reasonable price. Of course, I had Lamonster Garage install tires and do a lazer alignment, install three tires, install a BajaRon bar and install some "safety equipment" and as you would expect they were great to deal with and got me in and out quickly while I was in route from Wichita to Arkansas for a spring ride last year. I would rate the dealerships at 10 and Lamonster at 10++++. No complaints here and would recommend all of them. Wichita does lazer alignments also and will install any tire you bring to them if you want to go to automobile tires.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Michael's Powersports of Reno:

Sales--- 10/10 -- Gave us a fat discount on our 2014 RTS

Service--- 9/10 -- will put on tires we bring in. Techs seem OK but I do most of my own work. Labor $$ is probably higher that average but no by so much.

Parts--- 9/10--- Replaced a faulty water pump without any hassle.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Seneca SC, I'll give the sales dept a 8- and the service a "0", I wouldn't let them touch nothing that I own.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Sportsman’s Corner- Algona, Iowa —-10. Great people in sales and service. They have been very good to me and have done great service work on my Spyder. Family dealership.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

I deal with Mancuso (6 or 7 locations) in Houston area. I've gotten good service at LaMarque and Gulf Freeway. The amount of time they keep the bike depends on if they have to order a part. Most of the time I got my bike back pretty quick. I bought a spyder from LaMarque and SW Freeway. I preferred the buying process at LaMarque vs SW Freeway location. Much lower taxes and freight/handling charges.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Negative rating for Spirit Motorcycles San José, CA. Put in offer with owner and got ghosted even after repeated phone messages. Neutral rating for Del Amo Motorsports Redondo beach and Tri County Motorsports in Moorpark, CA. Sales at least responded to my offers with counter but I was unwilling to pay $1500-3k over MSRP.
    Positive rating for Bert's mega mall in Covina, CA. They matched Imotorsports pricing, demo'd the bike for me and was able to get the warranty for a good price.
    21 Spyder base F3

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have had 3 interactions with Dealerships here in the Frederick, Md. Area

1. JT motorsports Frederick - negative negative negative. I dont see how they even maintain their dealership status. When I contacted can-am through the website to buy my F3 this was the dealership I was referred to and more than happy as it was right down the street from me.

No contact email as stated from can -am , No contact on phone call as stated so I went into the showroom and waited for a salesman, nobody apparently wanted to talk to me about selling a 20k machine to me but I did have 2 salesmen walk by and say "you look nice on it" and snicker as they walked off and so did I at that point and will never go back.

2. Motomember Purceville , Va. - I bought my F3 from here Sales were great I would give them a 8, Parts guys are awesome I give them a 9, The tech on the service side is great and did an awesome job on doing a reframe after an accident but the service manager managed to take away any good feeling about it with the lack of updates and scheduling of work so that would be a 6.

3. Motorsports inc. Hanover, Pa. - Every time I have called to see about having some work done it seems they dont want to do it and find an excuse not to. (tires, warranty work)
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 02-02-2022 at 04:43 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer in Hampstead NH, 9.

Spyder Garage

Purchased 1st Spyder from our dealer in Hanover, PA and have gone to them ever since. They are honest, reliable, and provide excellent service. 10 out of 10 rating!
    Ride Safe!
    Gina J

Spyder Garage

I bought a 2019 RTL from 3A Motorsports outside of Boston on Halloween 2019. I gave them an "out the door price" and they said no - then called me while I was eating dinner and said YES! I was so excited. Good people to work with - 9
    I had my first service at Hanover PA - oil change and laser alignment - again great guy to deal with! - 10
    I had a PA inspection and rear tire (car) put on at Crossroads Powersports in Upper Darby and again I had no issues! - 10
    I guess I have been fortunate with my interactions with dealers!
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have two dealers fairly close and the one in toronto sd beat the other by 2k on first pencil and still gives me discouts on all parts as I save the cash for adds. 2021 rt limited for 26200 out the door, and gave top dollar for my 2012 rt trade. So 10

Spyder Garage

My dealer in Hudson Falls, NY I'd rate a 9. They were good to us when we bought our Spyder and Ryker and they're good about service. If you live in the area, I'd recommend them.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Huffs in Detroit Me., have given me great service. I give them a 10.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I purchased my 2014 RT from a dealership in Texas and had it shipped here to NC. Sticker price was $22,500 and I got it out the door for $17,500. I paid approx. $850 shipping and it was done. Bought my 2016 F3T from I motorosports and had it delivered to me while on vacation for $4500 under sticker price.
    Have been getting 100% of the work done to them at a local Sport Durst dealership in Durham, NC and have been 100% happy with them. I went to the 3 local dealerships when I purchased the bikes and told them that I tried to purchase local, but they couldn't match the prices. But I do not do my own maintenance and would be 100% onboard with them if they do a good job at a fair price. Sport Durst stepped up to the plate and totally understood. They even give me 10% back on any parts or service money spent. This is good on the next item purchased or service done.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

To the moderators of this site. We need to comply a list of dealers by location and there ratings. This would help members to fine a good dealer in the future.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Cross Country Powersports In Metuchen, NJ. Sales folks are very good. I've bought a couple Triumphs and, most recently, my '20 RT. I'd give the Sales team a solid 9 for working with the customer on OTD price and ease of transaction. I haven't been back for any Service on the RT so no rating for the BRP techs yet but they did well on the Triumphs I had.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White