Spyder Garage

Default what improvements were made to 2020 RT Limited in the 2021 and 2022 years?

Just bought a 2020 RT Limited Chrome. Curious what improvements/changes were made to the 2021 and 2022 models of the same bike?
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by obiwanbill View Post
    Just bought a 2020 RT Limited Chrome. Curious what improvements/changes were made to the 2021 and 2022 models of the same bike?
    Belt tensioner is all I can think of. You got a very nice bike, you will be happy with it.

............:....Bill
    Last edited by Knizar; 01-29-2022 at 02:12 PM.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

thanks1art9.jpg photo of actual bike, take delivery on Tuesday when it gets up to 42 deg In Ohio. Today is 5 deg
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

There are unsubstantiated rumours (albeit from reliable sources), that the later built ‘21 models also had a new front pulley to reduce the whistling that some ‘20 riders report, and also changed front mirror posts to reduce mirror vibration, obiwan, but that’s about it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Also, changes were made to the "outer trim" panels (L&R), and rear handle boot (L&R) to correct the gapping issues on the earlier 2020 models

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

thanks1art9.jpg photo of actual bike, take delivery on Tuesday when it gets up to 42 deg In Ohio. Today is 5 deg
    I just had a closer look at that photo, obiwan……Is that RT really travelling at the speed of light?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    There are unsubstantiated rumours (albeit from reliable sources), that the later built ‘21 models also had a new front pulley to reduce the whistling that some ‘20 riders report, and also changed front mirror posts to reduce mirror vibration, obiwan, but that’s about it.

Pete
    Didn't BRP come out with a retrofit kit to eliminate the mirror vibration? Check out that possibility Obi. Maybe your Spyder has already been fixed.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default I have a belt tensioner, it's yours if you want it :)

Congrats on the bike. I bought a 21 RTL and asked my dealer if it had a belt tensioned (I asked them to look) - and they said no. So I bought one, took the tupperware off and... found a belt tensioner installed! Crap. I liked the aftermarket one a little better, so I installed it. You are welcome to mine, just pay shipping. Easy install. If you take it, consider a Lamonster Garage aftermarket roller - https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...ley-lamonster/

Ride safely!
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Checking for a roller is pretty easy, I did itwhile shopping for 20+ RTL new or used. Just run your hand along the top of the belt forward and you will feel the roller its a little bit of a stretch but not bad. Worst part for me was getting up from lowering myself to my knees to reach the belt

Spyder Garage

photo in the dealership...sun glare

Spyder Garage

and also changed front mirror posts to reduce mirror vibration, obiwan, but that’s about it.

Pete
    Can trufally say there is know mirror vibration on my 2021 RT.
    Jay, Anchorage AK

2021 RT Limited, Asphalt Gray Matallic/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I’ll have a 22 to play with in February. I’ll post my findings. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 907Guy View Post
    Can trufally say there is know mirror vibration on my 2021 RT.
    Yep, I have no vibration on my late model ‘21, 907Guy…….but your wording above is a little confusing…. When you say “know mirror vibration”, do you mean there is “no” mirror vibration, or there is “now” mirror vibration?

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 02-03-2022 at 03:35 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Didn't BRP come out with a retrofit kit to eliminate the mirror vibration? Check out that possibility Obi. Maybe your Spyder has already been fixed.
    Might have or perhaps prior owner installed the Lamonster bolts? Didn't vibrate, was clear on 20 min drive home from dealer. Still to cold here in Ohio; expectation up to 14" of snow between now and Friday AM here in Ohio

Spyder Garage

My 2021 mirrors were great to start with but I’m noticing a bit more vibration in the left side one. I did add the stick on convex mirrors (which are excellent) and maybe the small increase in weight has contributed to the slight mirror shake.

If it doesn’t get any worse I’m a happy camper..
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Active Member SpyderGoldwingOwner's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They need to fix the side mirrors so that they do not shake
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT
    2018 Honda Goldwing DCT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGoldwingOwner View Post
    They need to fix the side mirrors so that they do not shake
    I believe they have, from the later built ‘21 models, Goldwing

Pere
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sagebrush View Post
    Checking for a roller is pretty easy, I did itwhile shopping for 20+ RTL new or used. Just run your hand along the top of the belt forward and you will feel the roller its a little bit of a stretch but not bad. Worst part for me was getting up from lowering myself to my knees to reach the belt
    Hahaha……yep…….that’s exactly why I don’t pull the rear wheel myself to install rear tyres any more, Sagebrush.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Pete

~~~as an owner of a 2021 RTL purchased new (Yep!, I’m the 1st owner) early August 2021 w/only 1600 miles on the odometer, I feel fortunate that I have none of these issues (front pulley whistle, mirror post vibration). So far, its been a great ride. I’d like to thank the entire Can Am team for designing and assembling this STeed. Yes the BRP Connect system is total crap, but I have avoided using it except to use the plug in for switched power

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Agree about the mirrors, I have a '20 RTL. My left mirror vibrates but not my right. Contacted dealer and BRP about the issue, neither would provide a kit to fix without paying for it. I went ahead and purchased the mirror lock kit from Lamonster Garage. When I was installing the kit on the left mirror I noticed one of the bottom hairpin clips were missing. I went ahead and installed the Lamonster kit since I had everything disassembled. No vibration on the left mirror anymore....

Spyder Garage

We just bought a new 2021 RT- a month ago - with 20 miles on it, for my missus. I've taken it around the block a few times, up to highway speeds, etc and have noticed no discernible mirror shake - or any that is worse that my Harley Ultra.....and...just checked...it has a belt tensioner too.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2021 RTL and had mirror vibrations right away, clips were not in correctly! Installed mirror lock set from LaMonster, fixed the issue forever! Also installed his new belt tensioner and will upgrade sway bar next week. Oh, also replaced all the Kenda tires with Vredestein Q5’s. Very happy with everything else on the bike, a very comfortable ride.
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mhsmith451 View Post
    We just bought a new 2021 RT- a month ago - with 20 miles on it, for my missus. I've taken it around the block a few times, up to highway speeds, etc and have noticed no discernible mirror shake - or any that is worse that my Harley Ultra.....and...just checked...it has a belt tensioner too.
    Yes, the “later” built ‘21 models appear to have scored both the belt tensioner and the new mirror fastening system, mh. Having gone through a parts diagram with Ikon shocks recently, they have noticed part numbers for shocks and other components changing between those ‘21 models built in 2020, and those ‘21 models built in 2021, so that appears to be when change occurred

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.