Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dmiles View Post
    I used balancing beads in my huge RV tires. Are these commonly used in motorcycle tires?
    Not trying to take this thread down a rathole, but when you say motorcycle tyres, are you referring to your 2 wheel motorcycle, dmiles, or your Spyder? I only ask as the Spyder tyres are effectively car tyres, and as such, yes, Dyna beads are used in the Spyder tyres.

Pete.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Hey Pete (& Daniboy ) - - Well, maybe not really way old, but Daniboy did dig up a thread that hadn't seen any posts since about May last year, not long after that post from dmiles was put - and looking deeper, it looks like dmiles hasn't visited the forum since September last year anyway, so don't be too disappointed if it takes a while to get a response, if you get one from him at all?!

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2023 at 05:35 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Hey Pete (& Daniboy ) - - Well, maybe not really way old, but Daniboy did dig up a thread that hadn't seen any posts since about May last year, not long after that post from dmiles was put - and looking deeper, it looks like dmiles hasn't visited the forum since September last year anyway, so don't be too disappointed if it takes a while to get a response, if you get one from him at all?!

Just Sayin'
    Sure the earlier posts are from a year or so ago, Peter, but the post I was responding to was from yesterday, where two people mentioned Dyna beads and “bike” tyres. I was simply trying to confirm if those posters were under the misapprehension that Spyder tyres were the “bike” tyres to which they were referring.

i.e. trying to clarify the old chestnut “Special Motorcycle Use Only”…..meaning don’t try to mount these on a “normal” motorcycle, or on a car, as disaster will ensue…..thus covering BRP’s backside.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Here is my homemade balance stand. Just mounted these car tires on a set of scratch-n-dent spyder wheels I got on ebay.
    Joel, Looking forward to a side by side before and after of your Spyder with those new wheels and tires! Thanks for all the DIY knowledge!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

+ 1 on Use plenty of Lube & Patience!

I really slop that tyre paste like there is no tomorrow.
    Over kill but I do both the rim and the tyre.

I like easy.

And I dont mind to replying to older threads if blokes can pick up some info they were not aware of.