Spyder Garage

Default Is there a Cruise Control available for older model Rykers?

I know that there is Cruise control available on the 2022 models and it seems like it wont be available from Can Am for older models because it will require ECU re-mapping. But has anyone heard if this will be possible in the aftermarket? Because buying the cruise control from canam and paying for a ecu flash/remap is a lot cheaper than selling my ryker and buying a new one.

Spyder Garage

My internet searches have not found one available the last time I checked (November). You can research a cheap alternative if you are driving long distances, it is called a throttle lock. There are various types of throttle locks/throttle assistants, so do your own due diligence. They are considered dangerous by some people, while other people use them daily. I've operated old school buses before that all had them equipped from the factory, and some older cars and pickups. I have never used a throttle lock on a bike so I would be the worst person to ask an opinion of.

Good luck. I know if I was driving long distances I wouldn't be holding that throttle open for hours straight. My drives aren't normally on the highway, maybe a 30-50 minute stretch tops. It has been snowing for the last two months so the only thing I am driving is my computer chair and pickup.

Spyder Garage

It is more complicated, and to fit it would be expensive. I have and use throttle locks, but cruise control is nicer. McCruise is available, and is also expensive. It is an aftermarket cruise control, and in the ADV world, people love them. The new Ryker Sport and Rally come with it, and the regular 900 is wired for it. Available as an accessory on those. Not compatible with a 600 Ryker.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought a 2019 Kia Soul, base model, 6 speed manual, without cruise.
    I added cruise for <$100 by simply adding the steering wheel controls, since the ECM with or without cruise was the same.

Do not know if Can-Am dealer can reprogram ECM or if new required.
    Searched for new ECM, but no joy
    Last edited by SportsterDoc; 01-29-2022 at 04:57 PM.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Iseem to remember that the ECM for the CC is different in the 2022 models hence the no retro-fitting.
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase

Spyder Garage

Rostra makes one: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...cruise+control Although Rostra doesn't support installation on anything other than cars, it works fine on a Ryker.

The 2022 ECMs have additional connector pins necessary for the cruise control switch; there is no factory upgrade for older models.