Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone used one of these Fuel Bladders

Has anyone used one of these fuel bladders https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/adv...eid=94dbee1a42, even better if its this brand.

I have a 10L plastic jerry can which fits neatly in the frunk for trips where fuel stops exceed my tank, and sometimes a softer pack would be handy.

I've bought one anyway (8L), but wanted to hear from others. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll share my experience with it
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Interesting however see one problem: “ WARNING: HIGH ETHANOL FUELS MAY DEGRADE THE INNER BLADDER - Using Ethanol fuel with this product will void your warranty”. Unfortunately gonna get harder to find pure ethanol free gas. & with the bladder only suited for temporary use. May very well be too far from source to be suitable. (Not trying to turn into ethanol debate)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Interesting however see one problem: “ WARNING: HIGH ETHANOL FUELS MAY DEGRADE THE INNER BLADDER - Using Ethanol fuel with this product will void your warranty”. Unfortunately gonna get harder to find pure ethanol free gas. & with the bladder only suited for temporary use. May very well be too far from source to be suitable. (Not trying to turn into ethanol debate)
    Yes noticed the Ethanol warning. We have one fuel option that is Ethanol blend, the rest are Ethanol free
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I had considered getting one in addition to my aux tank. The aux tank is mounted on the rack so I did think I could carry one of these across the pillion seat to extend my range on back roads even further. Will be interesting to hear what you think about it once you've had a chance to try it out

Spyder Garage

I've used their larger 4WD/heavy transport cousins extensively, and also used similar/bigger fuel bladders in boats & aircraft. Never had any issues with them anywhere, that ballistic nylon 'outer cover' that goes over the bladder itself really does protect it from just about anything that might compromise it, pretty much regardless of how roughly you handle it!

If these AdventureMoto units are anything like those I've used, I really don't think you'd have any issues using a small one like that for a Spyder. Be interested to hear how you go, if you're prepared to share.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    Has anyone used one of these fuel bladders https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/adv...eid=94dbee1a42, even better if its this brand.

I have a 10L plastic jerry can which fits neatly in the frunk for trips where fuel stops exceed my tank, and sometimes a softer pack would be handy.

I've bought one anyway (8L), but wanted to hear from others. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll share my experience with it
    That seems to me to be a hell of a lot of money to spend just to carry around 2.11 Gal. of gas
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 01-26-2022 at 05:25 PM.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you're going to carry spare fuel in the frunk you really should use an explosion proof container such as this one. https://www.tooled-up.com/sirius-exp...n/prod/159809/. It's filled with an aluminum mesh to dissipate heat and limit a massive fuel spill.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I hauled fuel to the forward fire bases in Vietnam for the choppers and trucks using fuel bladders way back 50 years ago. Some of them went through some really rough handling and very rough landings. Never worried about a leak that didn't involve bullet holes. Speed offloaded most of the ones that were at forward fire bases. Usually carried 30,000 to 40,000 pounds of fuel. I am pretty sure they have improved the fuel bladders a lot since that time. Keep in mind that the ones we used were probably provided by the lowest bidder.

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    That seems to me to be a hell of a lot of money to spend just to carry around 2.11 Gal. of gas
    If you think that's bad, check out my local supplier...
    2022-01-27_14-44-32.jpg

Welcome to the world of "only one supplier in the country so we'll fix the pricing."
    Last edited by PistonBlown; 01-26-2022 at 10:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

PXL_20210330_015951101.jpg
    I cover it with a helmet bag while touring across the fly-over states.It survived temps and sun/rain from 50 - 102 F with no leakage.

Cost ~$130 for can & mount. Had to buy the Q-link tail rack to mount it.
    Last edited by RayBJ; 01-27-2022 at 11:34 AM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

As far as the high ethanol warning, I would interpret that to mean no E85 or E50 fuels. 10 to 15% ethanol content in most of our fuel may degrade the bladder over the years, but should be fine for quite a while. I just wouldn't store fuel in it over the winter and empty it before storing. A good airing out before storage would be the thing to do.

Spyder Garage

Default anyone used one of these fuel bladders

Might consider these; have used them for years, no leaks and NO fuel smells!!!

https://www.reda.co/

I've carried these both in my frunk and inside of my camping trailer; Zero odor

Al in Kazoo
    Last edited by IGETAROUND; 01-28-2022 at 06:03 PM.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Might consider these; have used them for years, no leaks and NO fuel smells!!!

https://www.reda.co/

Al in Kazoo
    My experience with them is just the opposite. Took forever to get the smell out of my side luggage compartment.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pistonblown View Post
    if you think that's bad, check out my local supplier...
    2022-01-27_14-44-32.jpg

welcome to the world of "only one supplier in the country so we'll fix the pricing."
    ouch!!!
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    True, but when you travel thru some towns and the fuel station has closed down or there is none at all, or there is no Cell coverage if you run out, or the distance between fuel stops exceeds the range of the tank X (night rides) having some helps I'm happy to have a buffer on some long trips.

I've come close to running out on some very hot days out west, where Cell coverage is "imaginary", and had chief cook on the back, we'd have been in a pickle if we ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    My experience with them is just the opposite. Took forever to get the smell out of my side luggage compartment.
    Yes that's something I'll be watching for. The jerry can hasn't been an issue so far (it has the clip on spout), if they do then I have a mate who is happy to buy off me.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

True, but when you travel thru some towns and the fuel station has closed down or there is none at all, or there is no Cell coverage if you run out, or the distance between fuel stops exceeds the range of the tank X (night rides) having some helps I'm happy to have a buffer on some long trips.
    Yep that's a problem here as well, I've done 600km's at night between open fuel stations before. It's slightly better now with pay-at-pump in some rural towns but you can't guarantee that's working, got stuck in Westport at midnight for that reason. Next fuel was 100km away so had to sleep on a bench until the staff turned up the next morning. Got a 440km leg between two fuel stops on the iron butt I'm doing in a couple of weeks time.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    If you think that's bad, check out my local supplier...
    2022-01-27_14-44-32.jpg

Welcome to the world of "only one supplier in the country so we'll fix the pricing."
    I presume that's New Zealand dollars which is still about $300 US. That's more than double the price in the above link.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I presume that's New Zealand dollars which is still about $300 US. That's more than double the price in the above link.
    askitees original post was an Australian site, the exchange rate is currently 1 AU$ = 0.94NZ$, so closer to 3 times the price. If I do get one I'll order it from the Australian site because even with shipping and tax it will be cheaper

Spyder Garage

@askitee
    Thanks to your post I ended up getting one of those. I've got an iron butt this weekend and not had a chance to fit the Aux tank I had on my RS to the F3 (its harder to plumb into the main tank on the F3).

8 litre fits nicely across the rear seat (I've already disabled the passenger sensor on mine so it will not confuse nanny). I used a Rok Strap to hold it in place because they don't have hooks that could damage it.

I was a bit worried around filling up but found I just needed to hang it from the handlebars and it was easy. The opening is wide enough the get the nozzle in without getting splash back.
    IMG_1246.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

@askitee
    Thanks to your post I ended up getting one of those. I've got an iron butt this weekend and not had a chance to fit the Aux tank I had on my RS to the F3 (its harder to plumb into the main tank on the F3).

8 litre fits nicely across the rear seat (I've already disabled the passenger sensor on mine so it will not confuse nanny). I used a Rok Strap to hold it in place because they don't have hooks that could damage it.

I was a bit worried around filling up but found I just needed to hang it from the handlebars and it was easy. The opening is wide enough the get the nozzle in without getting splash back.
    IMG_1246.jpg
    Good to hear. Hope one day to be in NZ with my RTL.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Good to hear. Hope one day to be in NZ with my RTL.
    Maybe we should investigate sending a container load of Spyders over from Oz .... We could do a 'SpyderLovers/OzSpyderRyders in NZ' run?!?

The Child Bride & I had the pleasure of ryding with Colin & some of the North Island Spyder Ryders a few years back on a borrowed Spyder; and I gotta say, there's some bloody fantastic ryding over there! . And IIRC, the South Island has some really spectacular stuff too! . The only real issues is that you'd need to go over for a good while - I don't think even a Month would be long enough....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Maybe we should investigate sending a container load of Spyders over from Oz .... We could do a 'SpyderLovers/OzSpyderRyders in NZ' run?!?

The Child Bride & I had the pleasure of ryding with Colin & some of the North Island Spyder Ryders a few years back on a borrowed Spyder; and I gotta say, there's some bloody fantastic ryding over there! . And IIRC, the South Island has some really spectacular stuff too! . The only real issues is that you'd need to go over for a good while - I don't think even a Month would be long enough....
    You can do the South Island in a weekend - that is what I'm doing this weekend, well 3,890km of it:-)
    2022-02-16_17-16-17.jpg

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Have Fun

You can do the South Island in a weekend - that is what I'm doing this weekend, well 3,890km of it:-)
    2022-02-16_17-16-17.jpg
    Have yourself a Fun Time. Post some pictures of your trip.
    Remember to stay Healthy and stay Safe. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

2022-02-16_17-16-17.jpg
    Yeah, maybe YOU can do it in a weekend! But I've got places to see & people I wanta catch up with that juuust miiiight need a little longer'n only one weekend, & a few weekdays between'em too!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I have - carried - used the REDA for years. No complaints.