Spyder Garage

Default What Tires are on YOUR Ryker - Details

There's been a lot of talk about a sticky for tires. The purpose of this thread is to create a place for you to share your information about what a/mkt tires you have found work on your RYKER, with the details below, in the following format.

Ryker: Whatever your Ryker is - ie 2020 600/900/Rally ??
    Type of Riding: How you ride - ie Mostly touring. Not terribly aggressive.
    Suspension: Any suspension mods/tweaks - ie RonBar, Laser Alignment?
    Front Tires: The a/mkt tires & size you run, brand/type, size, & psi used - ie Kumho Solus(?) KH?? 165/5/15(??l set to 17 PSI
    Rear Tire: The a/mkt tires & size you run, brand/type, size, & psi used - ie Cooper Mastercraft LSR 215/60/15, set to 26 PSI
    Current Mileage: Roughly how many miles you've run them for & a wear comment if you wish - ie they still look brand new.

Comments: Any other comments re these tires you feel should be shared - ie Bought the tires for my previous Spyder and put about 6,000 miles on them. I liked them so much I had them transferred to my 2020 RTL before delivery.
    The tires, alignment and RonBar were all installed by Netzley Tire in Accord New York. I'm very pleased with the tires and Remarkably Pleased with Netzley Tire.

Moderator Edit:
    THREAD RULES

This thread is for providing the above information about the a/mkt tires you run on your Ryker ONLY! Any other discussion will be removed. If you have any questions or comments, see one of the many other tire threads (search is your friend) or PM the Member who posted the info you wish to discuss.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-24-2022 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Ryker Rules & Caveats
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

lets start - I have a 900 std - built 2018 one of the first ones (we used a Spyder GS and than an RT for many years)
    we use her as a 2up touring machine here in the Italian/Austrian Alps - most time full loaded and sometimes in the rain, thats why we need the best "rain-tires" which are not "KENDAs" !

When I got her, the dealer changed the rear tire to a Toyo TR1 (free of charge) which I used also on the Spyder.
    he added the red BRP swaybar after my first "testride" - which I changed to the BajaRon set - the difference is unbelievable !

after that I changed the front-shocks to longer 400mm instead of 360mm - (cheap) RFY shocks and use them in the "softest" setting - that's very comfortable !!
    (the front is now unloaded 6,4" over the ground -good for the radiator)
    also in the hardest settings of the rear FOX-sock we bottomed out "full loaded", so I installed a "riser" to make him longer, works now perfect..

after around 17T miles I changed the Toyo to a "Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2" on the rear, much more grip now, also on wet roads !

on the front I use now 165/50 R16 "Imperial" tires instead of the 145/60 R16 - there is now more space between the tire and the fender, we had once a "black-out" problem with a broken cableclip under the fender, I changed that on both sides .the tires are much better "balanced" than the Kendas (less weight on the rims)
    (I ride with around 10% less pressure in all tires, makes the suspension softer, do not see a problem with that)

with the new tires the Ryker is faster and brakes much much "faster" - also on wet roads I can go in the curves more to the limit with a good feeling.
    (we have now around 24T miles on it)
    (as far as I know BRP changed on the 2022 Rally Modell also to longer shocks now !!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Ryker: 2019 Rally
    Type of Riding: Mostly local riding thus far; 100-300 mile days. Primarily secondary roads at 55-75 mph. Not terribly aggressive. Twelve month riding in East Texas.
    Suspension: On the front change to 400 mm shocks, https://www.amazon.com/Wotefusi-Abso...3653857&sr=8-4. Baha Ron links stock sway bar. Rear is stock with preload set to 13 mm
    Front Tires: Stock Kenda Rally tires @ 20 PSI
    Rear Tire: Forceum Henna 205-55/15 @ 20 PSI
    Current Mileage: 11,300 miles; 3,000 miles on the Forceum Henna tire. Tread depth has decreased from 10/32 new to 8/32 in the 3,000 miles.
    Comments: Forceum Henna was mounted on the rim by a local independent tire shop; without brake disc removal and without damage. I removed and replaced the tire and rim. Tire grip is much better than the stock Kenda (particularly in the wet). At 20 PSI the ride is much more comfortable. I will likely change to a 165-50/16 Federal AZ01 front and 205-55/15 Federal AZ01 rear combination when the front tires are worn out.
    Last edited by Tslepebull; 02-01-2022 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Fixed Format ;-)
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

some use 195/55 R15 tires on the back of their Rally - there are more different models available ..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Type of Riding: Local riding and two trips a year to the Tennessee/North Carolina mountains.
    Suspension: Stock
    Front Tires: Achilles ATR-K Economist 165/50R16 @18PSI. Even with no balancing weights these tire are very smooth, but added Ride-on tire fluid and very stable ride.
    Rear Tire: OEM, but plan to change to Yokohoma Advan Fleva V701
    Current Mileage: 5,000
    Comments: Good idea to remove the clip that holds the wire to the fender lights and fasten with a zip-tie.

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ryker 2019 Rally
    Type of riding:short trips on weekend (100-200km)
    Suspension: stock
    Front tires:stock @ 20psi
    Rear tire: Yokohama Adven Fleva changed at 15000km @ 25 psi
    Current mileage: 17000km

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    Type of Riding: Mostly local riding thus far; 100-300 mile days. Primarily secondary roads at 55-75 mph. Not terribly aggressive. Twelve month riding in East Texas.
    Suspension: On the front change to 400 mm shocks, https://www.amazon.com/Wotefusi-Abso...3653857&sr=8-4. Baha Ron links stock sway bar. Rear is stock with preload set to 13 mm
    Front Tires: Stock Kenda Rally tires @ 20 PSI
    Rear Tire: Forceum Henna 205-55/15 @ 20 PSI
    Current Mileage: 11,300 miles; 3,000 miles on the Forceum Henna tire. Tread depth has decreased from 10/32 new to 8/32 in the 3,000 miles.
    Comments: Forceum Henna was mounted on the rim by a local independent tire shop; without brake disc removal and without damage. I removed and replaced the tire and rim. Tire grip is much better than the stock Kenda (particularly in the wet). At 20 PSI the ride is much more comfortable. I will likely change to a 165-50/16 Federal AZ01 front and 205-55/15 Federal AZ01 rear combination when the front tires are worn out.
    Mounted my second rear replacement tire today. It is an Americus Sport HP 205/55R15 88V BSW (federals were sold out). The center on the Henna wore to the rain bars in 8600 miles but the outer edges had about a mm more so I am dropping the pressure on the replacement tire to 18 psi
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow