Spyder Garage

Default 2021 Spyder RTL CB Radio

Hello all, first post, Trying to find out if anyone has solved the problem of
    getting a CB Radio on my 2021 Spyder

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

I can tell you what I did to obtain usable CB Radio on 2019 RTL. Simply stated I didn't want to deal with Can Am electronics and its various quirks. Installed a J&M 2003CB handlebar mounted with a blue tooth dongle. J&M unit has its own headsets and intercom(which isn't very user friendly) Installed CB antennae in the spare antennae mount on rear trunk. I use the blue tooth dongle to connect to my phone. I use the phone for xm radio and gps. It all works together flawlessly. If I had it to do over, I would mount the antennae on a license plate mount and used a 3' or 4' whip for antennae to obtain a better ground plane at least to the extent that you can establish any kind of ground plane on a plastic vehicle. I did not use a no ground plane antennae because of the need to loop the 18' cable used by it and the need to remove even more plastic. Motorcycle Dave(one of out sponsors) also sells CB connections and I believe combines them with a Sena unit. The drawback to what Dave does is that you end up with a handlebar mounted portable CB where what I did is all under the plastic except for the push to talk and screen display. I think that J&M has discontinued making the CB but I found mine on ebay new in box.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Midland 75-822 Handheld CB. Center mount with power. Sena SR10 bluetooth adapter with Midland cable. I use the built in antenna.

USB power with Cig plug that I cut off and soldered to the auto adapter of the radio. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Center mount with power https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...orts?vehicle=1

42775AD0-B1E3-46E8-9415-FC051CFE2CAE.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here,
    YES I can supply you with everything to install a CB on your Spyder or any motorcycle
    and the great part it will not cost you your ARM, LEG or First Born.
    I have the SENA SR10 and the cable along with the mounting items for a Midland #75-822
    hand held CB with push to talk and it's BLUETOOTH so you can use it and listen to it in your
    helmet to send and receive.... there are thousands of HAM radio operators that use this same
    setup on their bikes, snow machines, Hang Gliders and more.... they work great with CB radios
    all this around $375.00 remember when BRP had the CB on the RT and it was about $1200.00
    this works as good or better and you get the added bonus of being able to transfer it to another bike
    in about a min.
    Give me a call 209-887-3283 I will send you all the details
    My phone hours are 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific Time 7 days a week

Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 02-02-2022 at 02:21 PM.