Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth Issues on 2020 RT-L

Hi,
    I have a 2020 RT LIMITED and I'm trying to get some Bluetooth issues working.

Here is my scenario:
    1) I Bluetooth my phone to the bike
    2) I Bluetooth my headset to the bike
    3) Start Pandora music

Issue(s):
    1) Cannot seem to find a way to "pause" Pandora from the handle bar
    2) Bixby (personal assistant on phone), no longer able use the app. Seems once I'm bluetoothed to the bike, Bixby won't respond. If I connect phone to headset directly, Bixby will respond to voice commands. This is triggered by hitting a button on the headset.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or what is happening? I've tried this with/without using BRP GO app on my phone.

Spyder Garage

Most people have given up on BRP Go. It's always been difficult to use. You didn't say which headset you are using. We use the Cardo Packtalk Bold. I currently have nothing Bluetoothed to the bike and leave the bike radio off. I have my phone Bluetoothed to my Cardo, The Cardo Bluetoothed to my Garmin, and my Sirius/XM radio also Bluetoothed to the Garmin. With priorities set in the Cardo app, I get gps instructions, satellite radio, phone calls, and intercom in the helmet. Using an Android phone paired this way, you can just say, "ok Google, play Pandora", and you're good to go.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cactusman View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 2020 RT LIMITED and I'm trying to get some Bluetooth issues working.

Here is my scenario:
    1) I Bluetooth my phone to the bike
    2) I Bluetooth my headset to the bike
    3) Start Pandora music

Issue(s):
    1) Cannot seem to find a way to "pause" Pandora from the handle bar
    2) Bixby (personal assistant on phone), no longer able use the app. Seems once I'm bluetoothed to the bike, Bixby won't respond. If I connect phone to headset directly, Bixby will respond to voice commands. This is triggered by hitting a button on the headset.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or what is happening? I've tried this with/without using BRP GO app on my phone.
    Good Luck, BRP can't connect is just that. you can pair your phone to your bluetooth head set and then download XM radio app. for all the music you want, Pandora, I heart Radio and more all work like that with no trouble.

Spyder Garage

You don't need BRP Go/Connect for audio. It is only needed if you want to run supported apps in the dash and requires you to connect the phone using the USB data connection in the glove box. Make sure that when you pair the phone to the bike to allow all the various Bluetooth connections. I know I can use the handle bar joy stick to control tracks and volume on mine. Pause/Play I have to use the pause button on the audio controls.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's not a bluetooth problem, its a problem knowing how to work the menu and joystick. In the main menu when you see the music playing. At the bottom of the volume is the pause symbol. Push the joystick down and hold to pause. Push up to get it back. Push to the right to advance to next song.

The music needs to be active and either playing or paused. Once connected, push the joystick up to get it playing.

When in the BRP GO screen, push in to select. Push in and hold to get out. Some apps allow for multiple steps and you push to the left and hold to back up a step.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

On my 2020RT I never had any success getting either of my 2 Android phones to pair with the bike via bluetooth. I also had an issue getting my older SENA headset to pair so I tried a Cardo which paired perfectly from the start and has been flawless since.

I pair the bike's onboard radio with my Cardo headset and I pair my Garmin Zumo to the Cardo and I pair my phone to the Zumo. I can make and take calls while riding through my Cardo. Volume of each can be set and controlled independently.

This setup has been working well for almost 10K miles now.

Although I haven't tried it, there should be a way to play music from either the phone (app) or the Zumo directly to the headset.