Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Peter Thanks for the your support ...... I get dozens and dozens of PM's asking me for info about tires ..... and I answer ALL of them, to best of my ability .... As I stated earlier I don't KNOW everything about tires, especially the " OFF " / ODD brands. .... I do report on what I find for tires that perform at the top of the heap ( which is small because of the sizes we need ) ..... You have provided tons of Accurate info and I thank you for that .... I'm a p*ss poor typist so I try to consolidate my thoughts ....... Mike
    What I would suggest you do, if you haven't already, is write up your recommendations and supporting information that you usually share in a document you keep on your computer. Then when a PM comes in just copy and paste the text of the document into your reply, adding responses to a specific question or issue if one was asked. That'll save a lot of typing and time.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    I hear what you’re saying, but personally I think that way will discourage many. For the computer literate folks, I should think that someone should be able to devise a template that works on this system, especially in this day and age. jmho
    Sure, if you're skilled at that sort of thing you can do anything you want with a computer system/software package, but when you're running a software package that's been developed by someone else with a given set of parameters/to do a given range of things that's been tested & developed over the years to do that range of things reliably, adding in odd bits &/or templates like that makes the platform unique, a lot harder & more expensive to maintain, and without a lot of tedious & expensive testing, you'll never know where adding in a change like that might create an issue by interacting/conflicting with another bit of code... potentially making the platform unreliable & possibly even bring the platform down!

I can understand why the bloke who pays to keep the Forum running wouldn't want to start paying for tweaking bits & bobs like that; and I can understand why the bloke who does all the admin & software maintenance doesn't want to take it on either.... and as a member & user here, I reckon I much prefer the Forum to remain as stable & reliable as it has been, and as cheap to us as members as it has been too!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

How about a " templet" that can just be filled in so there is some consistency in the thread????

Lew L
    I think it was created in the first post of the thread:

Spyder:
    Type of Riding:
    Suspension:
    Front Tires:
    Rear Tire:
    Current Mileage:

Comments:
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    That's something that's not easy to do..... if at all possible! I don't know if this version even supports them?!

That said, if you just use the mouse to select/highlight the important bits of the previous post, then copy & paste it into your post before editing out their tire details & putting your own in, you've achieved the same result with just a few clicks!

Might be a bit harder on a phone, but if you know how to select & copy text then it shouldn't be too hard to paste & edit the details in your own post.
    This is how I created my post. I did a cut and paste from Peter's post,removed his info and added mine. Very simple, easy and sort of quick.
    BTW thanks Peter for the format.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    This is how I created my post. I did a cut and paste from Peter's post,removed his info and added mine. Very simple, easy and sort of quick.
    BTW thanks Peter for the format.
    Thank ThreeWheels, he saw the need/want & came up with the thread & format! I just did the sticking bit!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!