Spyder Garage

Default After advice on which covered trailer for hauling Spyder?

would prefer to have my spyder covered. To be a 2022 s2s. Not sure if it will fit in a 6x 10 covered trailer with a lay down back door. Any advice , brand or consideration would be helpful. thank you

Spyder Garage

My 19 RTL (same size as your STS) would not fit through the door opening on my 6X12 enclosed trailer. Turns out the trailer was 6 feet wide to the outside of the walls. Subtract wall thickness, door frame, and door seal and the spyder won't go in. Measure very carefully before you buy. I bought a 7X14 tandem axle all aluminum and am very happy with the extra room and towing stability with tandems. YMMV.

Spyder Garage

I also use a 7x14 Haulmark tandem all aluminum trailer. It pulls great handels the Spyder perfectly and extras I want to put in there. It also loads easily thru the ramp door at the back

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Look into Ironhorse trailers. Great quality, light weight, clamshell design, low loading height.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Enclosed Trailer

A 7' X 14' size is a good choice. I went with a V nose style trailer and 6' 5" height. I wanted to have some stow area and extra head room.

Be sure you plan for what you will need before you buy. ..... : )
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

if you haul your spyder on an open trailer .....DO NOT USE A COVER........You will scratch the paint even with a good tight cover.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have used a 7' wide for many years: when we first bought an enclosed trailer, the 6' wide were really tight getting through the door and didn't allow for walking and maneuvering around the front end when in the trailer. The 7' wide would allow to move around the front end while loaded: nice for tie down and stowing gear.

You didn't ask, but... I preferred a tandem axle trailer. It didn't seem to add a lot of rolling resistance, therefore lesser effect on fuel mileage, but gave a smoother ride and pull. I preferred a lower profile for less wind resistance. Our last trailer was 6-1/2': ample room for 5'11" me in boots to stand up except when passing through the loading ramp door. We have had an Expedition v-nose 7x16, a Haulmark square-nose 8-1/2x18 (the monster), and an Aluma all-aluminum v-nose 7x16. The 7x16 would haul two F3 model Spyders load end-to-end, one with a trailer hitch, but space was tight. The Spyder itself is close to 9' in length, I would suggest a minimum of 14' length: the longer trailer will pull straighter, the pull vehicle/trailer combo will fit into a typical park lot double length space, and you will have the extra room for gear.

Prices have changed/increased over the years, but my recommendation would be a low-profile, all-aluminum, 7' wide, tandem axle, v-nose trailer. Another member suggested the type of trailer with a liftable, fiberglass clamshell (??Ironhorse) that would be interesting to view: would have just about everything except copious cargo space.

Just my thoughts.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    if you haul your spyder on an open trailer .....DO NOT USE A COVER........You will scratch the paint even with a good tight cover.

Cruzr Joe
    X's 10 ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks Joe. I have a Stinger trailer coming in a few weeks and was just about to ask this question.

Spyder Garage

Trailer prices have gone thru the roof...I purchased a new 2021 7x16x6'6" v-nose enclosed in Sept 2020...That same trailer at the same dealer has now DOUBLED in price...Insane
    54 Snowmobiles...7 Dirtbikes...4 Atv's...8 Streetbikes...1 Tricycle...Since 1969...