Spyder Garage

Default Can you put an RS Muffler on an RT??

Can you put a rs muffler on a rt

Spyder Garage

Depends on if you're talking A/mkt or OE & the year of the RT a little - some A/mkt units might be able to be fitted, but most won't; while the OE muffler off an RS that came with the V-twin engine won't fit on any RT that has a 3 cylinder 1330 ACE motor without some fairly significant re-jigging & maybe a bit of cutting and maybe even some welding...

And even if the RT does have a V-twin motor (ie, it's a pre-2014 RT ) then it's not easy to fit an RS Muffler to it without modding the muffler mount a little &/or risking damaging the muffler on the RT's swing arm & possibly even melting the bottom of the RH Side pannier with the hot exhaust gasses leaving the end of the (somewhat shorter) RS muffler.... do you really need to ask me how I know this??

So while the answer to your question "Can you put a rs muffler on a rt" is physically YES, it IS physically possible but it's not recommended without mods if your RT is a 2013 or earlier but not if it's any more recent than that..... so for all practical intents & purposes, the effective/useful answer is NO, not unless you don't mind either ripping the crap outta the inside of the muffler every time the RT's swing arm articulates, & possibly destroying the park brake/brake caliper too; &/or burning the bum outta the RH Panniers cos the RS muffler is too short!

Sorry!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your response. I have a 2011rt and looking for a muffler with a little more sound.

Spyder Garage

Talk to Rick at RLS Exhaust - https://www.rlsexhaust.com/ &/or check out any of the RLS Exhaust threads in the Supporting Vendors Forum that might look like what you're after -

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Vendors-Forum or maybe just check this one out -

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ed-RT-RS-ST-GS

He probably won't have anything already made up for a 2011 RT, mainly cos the pre-2012 stuff is a little different than everything else; & besides, that earliest stuff plus the 2013-2016 V-twin gear is no longer in quite such a great demand, so he doesn't carry a vast array of on-the-shelf stock.... But do talk to him or email him, don't just look at his site, and tell him what you're after - I'm sure he'll be able to help you, if not immediately then in due course, cos he is just a one man show & so is pretty busy making everything he sells, which there might be a bit of a wait while he works thru his back-order list! But it's not usually too long & it's generally well worth the $$ & the wait!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Try a Two Brothers... I had a 2011 RT myself, and LOVED the sound! Got it from a dealership that is no longer in Biz, here in town. That was the 2nd mod I did to my RT, after getting a bumpskid. Many more mods came during my time, but none pleased me more than the TB exhaust.