Spyder Garage

Default ‘20+ RT-L Driver/Passenger Seat

Seat now sourced

Hey Boys and Girls……I am looking to get a Daylong seat for my ‘21 RT, and need to buy a seat in the US to send to them for modification. Anyone have a second hand seat they would like to sell and who is willing to package up and ship to Daylong in Shasta Lake? (I’ll pay for shipping, of course). The cost of shipping my seat from Aus to the US is mind blowing. (It used to simply be “significant”, pre Covid).

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 01-21-2022 at 02:06 AM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Might check with kamper on here. He will have a new seat this week and might want to sell his.
    [SIGPIC][img]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps/map.prov.png?states=[img]https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps/map.prov.png?states=BC.ABhttps://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/maps/map.prov.png?states

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cbredneck View Post
    Might check with kamper on here. He will have a new seat this week and might want to sell his.
    Thanks cb, will do.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

You might check Ebay; I bought a new take-off last year for about 1/2 of new price.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdave View Post
    You might check Ebay; I bought a new take-off last year for about 1/2 of new price.
    Yeah, I’m going to have a dig around on eBay now. Thanks Dave. I was hoping to get a second hand one to keep costs down, but the new model RT hasn’t been around all that long.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Hmmmmmm. It appears I should have done some more research before posting.

Even if I can source a second hand seat in the US, the cost of paying a reasonable price for it and shipping to Shasta Lake would be significantly more than shipping just my riders seat over (don’t need passenger seat done). I had hoped to keep a stock riders seat spare, but that just isn’t possible. Many thanks to those who have posted and PM’d.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Ya, I was trying to sell a seat this summer and after checking on postage just in the US the deals were off!!! I ended up posting it local and found some one that wanted it!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

My new seat will be here this week. I think I can help you. PM me and we can work on it

Spyder Garage

Thanks very much to all those who responded. I have now purchased a seat in the US from an extremely obliging Spyderlovers member……and off to Russell Daylong. Now to wait for my build date to roll around.….

Mind you, because of the hinged front seat and shape of the rear pan, Russell can only raise the front seat and not move you rearwards, and cannot put their backrest on the rear seat, so I am just going to get the rear seat covered in the new fabric (Sunbrella, which I had on my F3 and loved), and keep my BRP drivers backrest.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.