Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Being that the DESS incident occurred at the same gas station ----- the pumps may use Bluetooth or RF to make the card readers function??? IDK
    Anything electronic may cause the D.E.S.S error.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, I hope this is my last post about Dess after hauling my bike to Pitbull in Springfield Mo. A new antenna and their tech checking all the wires I was ready to go. No trouble since. All the advice was appreciated, and it was covered on warranty. Thanks again, Jcrozzb
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-08-2022 at 07:29 PM. Reason: '.'s & ','s ;-)
    2020 RTL , Asphalt

Spyder Garage

The only reliable fix for this is to disable the DESS in BUDS by dealer. We had this problem with our 2020 F3 SE6 Limited. Dealer replaced the DESS and the antenna but problem returned. After third time trailering the bike to the dealer we requested that they disable the DESS, which is a redundant security system anyway. This solved the problem. It is unconscionable that a company with the resources and expertise of BRP cannot get this right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveschulz View Post
    The only reliable fix for this is to disable the DESS in BUDS by dealer. We had this problem with our 2020 F3 SE6 Limited. Dealer replaced the DESS and the antenna but problem returned. After third time trailering the bike to the dealer we requested that they disable the DESS, which is a redundant security system anyway. This solved the problem. It is unconscionable that a company with the resources and expertise of BRP cannot get this right.
    Yup This afternoon it happened to me again on my 2020 F3S. The first time was few days ago when I was at the bank parking. But right after the tow guy dropped the spyder at my drive way, i tried it and check key disappeared. So what I did was i replaced the oem batt with yuasa I charged it overnight per dealers instruction. So in the morning after installing the new batt I started it again but check key showed up again. I tried several times on and off then the check key disappeared. I thought the batt fixed the problem. So I attended the church service using the spyder, guess what, after the service i was about to go home and the check key appeared again.

Doing all the online suggestion to no avail. This is now the 2nd tow for me in just 2 days, $250 the first time and $275 the second time.
    Very disappointing...

I now wanna make sure that this will not happen again so Im asking everyone who can help me disable this failed dess system on my 2020 F3S.
    Last edited by alexf415; 05-15-2023 at 01:27 AM.
    2020 BLACK SPYDER F3S
    BMW EXHAUST TIP
    PUIG WINDSHIELD
    TUFSKINZ TANK PROTECTOR CARBON FIBER
    DISABLED DESS
    LED LIGHTS
    RAM MOUNT
    INSTA 360 X3
    SENA 10C PRO BLUETOOTH
    ALPINESTARS JACKET
    SCORPION EXO ST 1400 CARBON HELMET

Spyder Garage

Call the dealership and ask the hard question, can you disable DESS! dredging up every old DESS post isn't going to fix you problem! Sorry
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alexf415 View Post
    Yup This afternoon it happened to me again on my 2020 F3S. The first time was few days ago when I was at the bank parking. But right after the tow guy dropped the spyder at my drive way, i tried it and check key disappeared. So what I did was i replaced the oem batt with yuasa I charged it overnight per dealers instruction. So in the morning after installing the new batt I started it again but check key showed up again. I tried several times on and off then the check key disappeared. I thought the batt fixed the problem. So I attended the church service using the spyder, guess what, after the service i was about to go home and the check key appeared again.

Doing all the online suggestion to no avail. This is now the 2nd tow for me in just 2 days, $250 the first time and $275 the second time.
    Very disappointing...

I now wanna make sure that this will not happen again so Im asking everyone who can help me disable this failed dess system on my 2020 F3S.
    Your STEALER is CLUELESS or just plain dis-honest..... REPLACING the DESS module is NOT difficult ... and the Part cost about $ 150.00 .... you or the stealer can to do it .... I have pics of the Module in an album. .... you need to remove the FRUNK to access the module .... Good luck .... Mike the

Spyder Garage

Second that BlueKnight. My DESS failed and i got it online from Canampartswarehouse for $164 plus shipping $189 total.
    RT
    The frunk does have to be removed. Be sure to test the DESS antenna . On my 2019 RTL it should be ~ 14 ohms. Mine read 25 ohms but seemed to read ok after replacing the DESS module.
    The newer RT/RTL you have to replace the whole ignition switch if the DESS antenna is bad. On the older models the DESS antenna can be replaced separately.
    Last edited by WRCLVR; 05-15-2023 at 12:17 PM.