Spyder Garage

Default Anyone Removed Glove Box Cover? RT-L 2021

Hi,

I would like to remove the glove box cover of my 2021 Spyder RT-LTD and I am wondering if anyone has already done this? I have a service manual but the description regarding the cover is not very detailed.

It seems that the cover is just clipped in but I am not sure and I do not want to damage anything ...

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-17-2022 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY explanation... ;-).

Spyder Garage

Sorry Alex, what do you mean by “Glovebox cover”? Do you mean the lid that covers the glovebox opening? The glovebox insert itself? or something else?

If you mean the glovebox itself, it just pulls our toward you, but there are two cables running into it at the rear that may provide a bit of resistance. You should be able to pull it right out.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Hi,

I am really talking about the lid itself - part #2200

GloveBoxCover.jpg

Kind regards,
    Alex

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Hi,

I am really talking about the lid itself - part #2200
    Kind regards,
    Alex
    Ahhhhhh. Sorry Alex, I am of NO use to you. I have neither removed mine, nor seen any posts from others who have removed that lid.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red