Spyder Garage

Spyder Hey Ya'll We Got A New Member! Lets welcome Manxnorton to SL

Welcome Manxnorton, post up a hello, introduce yourself & get that 1st post notch on your Spyder!

Thanks for joining our forum community Manxnorton, from the staff at Can-Am Spyder & Ryker Three Wheel Motorcycles.

Here's some helpful links to start you along your journey here @SL:
    Forum Rules and Guidelines
    Do's & Don'ts for new Spyder Owners
    Check out & add your Spyder to the Garage
    Check the Visited Maps page & add your traveled Map to your signature

Do NOT post support questions here, please post them in the appropriate forum once your account is approved.

Spyder Garage

Default Hi All, Brian from North of England UK

Good morning to you all.
    Hope you all well and safe.
    I'm Brian, Living in Newcastle Upon Tyne UK.
    55 and retired.
    ATM i am waiting on a operation on my left arm in 2 weeks (left side disabled due to two stroke 2015).
    I initial focused on a 900cc Ryker, as the Automatic option.
    But IMO getting the 2 seat conversion for my good lady to pillion and spend some miles travelling got me thinking on comfort, safety and luggage space for eventually longer journeys.
    Then i heard about the 2022 Spyder semi automatic transmission

As far as my operation, i was given a 50-50 chance that the op. could work (to ease my damage arm away from a spastic arm) finger crossed to velcro my bad arm a handlebars without fatigue.
    The feeling on my bad arm (left) has gone and as you can imagine grip aswell.
    if the op FAILS....i'll look at that in due course!!! what to keep myself optimistic and positive.

Loads of questions that come out of looking at my options of having a Trike, early days TBH, but if i can get the research in now on the positive side.
    What exactly does the semi automatic transmission entail, and how i could get it adapted etc.

We all have to ask what's your overall goal/dream Brian?
    own a trike that can ride in comfort, safe and get back to the life i loved on the open road

As i said, i just heard about the Spyder with semi Auto, so i need to research where the controls are, and eventually maybe get the controls adapted with my disability.

All my friends and family know the old untold thoughts "I dont want to burst your bubble, spoil your dream" guys and girls im well aware of what if, what if i cant operate handlebars with two arms. Ive had since 2015 to think of all options.
    I only know with the Grace of God i was spared twice, overcome months and years therapy and R&R. TIME i got My S%@t Together.
    I hope this isnt too bad to understand, as its took since 6AM (UK) to type due suffering also Aphasia.
    I'll leave it now with a Picture of the good old time when i was in Leathers lol.

Keep Safe & Look after each other,
    Bri

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Member

Welcome to the Spyder Forum. Once your name changes to 'blue' post up your questions in the Forum tabs. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Welcome to the Spyder Forum. Once your name changes to 'blue' post up your questions in the Forum tabs. .....
    Thank you so much.
    Bri