Spyder Garage

Default Where's the best Lift Jack Location?

Hello y’all, so if i want to remove the front tire on a F3, where would be the best place to put the lift jack?? I don’t have one of those fancy lift jacks that will raise the whole bike. Pics would be great.
    2018 Spyder F3T , Bright White

Spyder Garage

I use a floor jack. I place it under one of the lower A-Arms and lift High Enough to get the tire off the floor. I also place a folded shop towel on the lift pad so as not to Mar the a-arm.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    I use a floor jack. I place it under one of the lower A-Arms and lift High Enough to get the tire off the floor. I also place a folded shop towel on the lift pad so as not to Mar the a-arm.
    Thanks for that info. Thought about that but i thought it would damage the a arm.
    2018 Spyder F3T , Bright White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One of those small inexpensive roll around floor jacks from Harbor Freight or Wally World would be a good start. Great little jacks, very handy for many small jobs. Put the jack under the front of your spyder with a 1"X12" between the jack and the spyder and then lift. If your spyder is a little too low to get that underneath it, then roll your spyder front tires up on a couple of more small pieces of 1X12's. Now...........get yourself a couple of car ramps from the same stores. Drive your spyder's front tires up on them and tie them down. Cut a chunk of 2"X6" that will fit between the swing arms under the bottom of the rear shock bolt and use the same jack the same way to lift the rear wheel. Put a milk crate of some similar under the rear tire and now you are up in the air high enough for an oil change. Very inexpensive lift and works very well. I have other $$$ jacks but that's my "go to" jack 99% of the time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clopez68 View Post
    Thanks for that info. Thought about that but i thought it would damage the a arm.
    If you either spread the load/contact point with a pad as suggested or with a block of wood; or you position the jack lifting point under the joined section just inside the ball joint, or under one of the solid plates/bush housings on either end of the 'A' arms rather than in the middle of the tube, it's very unlikely you'll damage the arm. . If you place the lift point as close as you can against the inside of the wheel, you won't need to raise the Spyder much to remove the wheel; while if you lift on the inner bushes or under the centre spar of the frame, you'll hafta raise the Spyder a whole lot to get the wheels clear of the ground enough to remove the wheel. I'd suggest the easy/little lift is probably best for just removing a wheel.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I use an old small floor jack under the "A" arm with a block of wood to spread the lift force.
    I have also used a Toyota scissors jack to lift various parts of the spyder. Works fine for tires, shocks
    and lifting to install a Baja Ron sway bar.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack