Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Have you researched cheapcycle for the part? The out of pocket may or may not be worth the wait depending on how fast the snow/ice melts. I feel for you Greg, I really do.
    Yes, that’s what I’d be doing, 2dogs. See if the part is available at Cheapcycle, Greg, and if yes, buy it and get the dealer to fit it at their cost so you can be riding in Spring……as long as the assembly doesn’t cost an arm and a leg and is available from Cheapcycle, of course. Then claim the assembly as yours from BRP when it arrives.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Maybe check Spyder junkyards or parted-out parts maybe on E-Bay?? Dang… this is miserable!
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

In my experience, BRP's parts supply chain has always been second rate, unlike other major motorcycle manufacturers. Assuming (always a bad idea) that the part is coming from Canada, one wonders why the long wait. Of course, BRP does source a lot of stuff from Asia, so as JayBros said, could be on a slow boat from China.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Greg - if you find the part number, maybe call a Canadian dealer. Not sure if parts are routed through Canada, before being shipped to the US?

You are in Spokane. Dealer in Lethbridge, AB and a new one in Cranbrook, BC
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hopefully they have it inside, and if they do what a better place to have it in the winter time!! They can do the spring maintenance for you!!
    I was thinking the same thing. Another reason I left it with them in the first place. At the time I figured when the part comes in the bike will already be where it needs to be.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Can the switch be changed out of the module? Maybe find a replacement if it's just a bad switch.
    I don't know, I'm just going off what the Tech told me.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

are you sure you have the dates right?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    In my experience, BRP's parts supply chain has always been second rate, unlike other major motorcycle manufacturers. Assuming (always a bad idea) that the part is coming from Canada, one wonders why the long wait. Of course, BRP does source a lot of stuff from Asia, so as JayBros said, could be on a slow boat from China.
    That's pretty much what the Tech told me way back. He said mechanical stuff was pretty much available, but electronics are coming out of Asia.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickWB View Post
    Greg - if you find the part number, maybe call a Canadian dealer. Not sure if parts are routed through Canada, before being shipped to the US?

You are in Spokane. Dealer in Lethbridge, AB and a new one in Cranbrook, BC
    Yea, I'm about 60 miles from Spokane. That might be worth a look, I'd drive up to Cranbrook myself.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    are you sure you have the dates right?
    Thanks, I just noticed that and fixed it.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Ya a loner for compensation sounds reasonable, especially with under warranty. Do keep records & reminders so they don’t forget you. (& how uncommonly patient you are being )

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Ya a loner for compensation sounds reasonable, especially with under warranty. Do keep records & reminders so they don’t forget you. (& how uncommonly patient you are being )
    Patient? Not really. It's easy to be patient when you don't have a choice.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

sorry your having that problem, hope you get the part soon, alot of people don;t like the spyder with a clutch, but hearing your story mades me glad, i have a sm6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I'm not mistaken, BURP's dealer network is all connected so if one dealer has a part another dealer needs, they can ship that part to the dealer that needs it. Some time ago I lost a key and need it replaced. My dealer had only one blank but another dealer had several blanks. That other dealer sent my dealer the key blank I wanted. By the way. They were quite internet price compatible. Only $4 more dollars than online. Surprise surprise.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's undoubtedly the chip shortage. I read the other day where Canon is getting all kinds of backlash because brand new ink cartridges are being reported by the printer as "incompatible brand". Turns out they are sending out cartridges without the chip in them needed to correctly communicate with the printer.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    To quote my dealer when I asked about a loaner when my F3 was in for an extended period waiting on parts to be fixed..."Oh, those are for regular appointments like an oil change that only takes a day or two but you are more than welcome to rent one if you are in need of one".

Funny they didn't mention that caveat at the time they were touting the loaner during the sale of the F3 to me.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 01-13-2022 at 11:51 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I feel for you. I thought I had it bad when mine was in the shop for 2 weeks waiting on an airbag replacement. The best thing about my situation was that they assured me that the bike was in their enclose warehouse and once they fixed it, they did a pretty decent job of detailing it for me. They are not the best, but I will definitely give my dealership high marks. And the thing is, I never bought any of my 3 spyders from them, but they have always treated me like number one.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Most of my main issues with my dealer has been with the service dept. manager with a lack of updates during repairs and scheduling and the amount of time it takes for BRP to deliver parts to the dealership for repairs.

Sales and parts dept. were great.

Sales was able to get me into a full class right away so I could get my j class added on my license and be legal.

Parts guys have really gone out of their way to get me taken care of with my whole seat and backrest issue.

Technicians did a great job with the reframe after my accident.

My main issue I have had is that BRP does not feel the need to repair our vehicles with the same sense of urgency (having parts and manpower readily available to do the work needed) as somebody that drives a cage that takes it back in for repairs to their dealership.

I understand we are buying these from a "powersports" dealer and thus considered weekend warriors. But this is my daily driver hot or cold and the only time I do not drive it is when there is rain, snow or salt on the road and then I defer to my Silverado which uses a whole lot more gas.

It really hurt to have it down for as long as it was.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I feel your pain too! I have been in contact with BRP on a missing part for my spyder since October when I hit a deer. They informed me there is no right fog light assembly anywhere in the North America and the production for this part will not take place till March 21st. I’m hoping sooner but doubt it. I already contacted the insurance company and if it doesn’t come in they are going to pay for the dealer to install all the parts with the old broken foglight and reinstall again when that one part comes in if its not in by April. The dealer can do that since the lens is cracked and I run with the fogs off. It will not pass inspection but not considered unsafe since that is an accessory light and turned off. It will not pass inspection though until the light is replaced which inspection is May 31st. We’ll see.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 01-14-2022 at 10:22 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I feel your pain also. I have had parts on order from CheapCycleParts for 4 months. They keep pushing back the expected date. Luckily its not critical parts. Just some changes I want to make to my S2S. My new date is 1/18/22. So hopefully it will ship next week, but I wouldnt bet on it.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

My DPS went out right away on my brand new 2008 Spyder. The dealer said that BRP didn't have any replacements and it would be several months before it would come in. And they didn't have any at the dealership. I said, "Well, of course you do!" Pointing to a new Spyder sitting on the showroom floor. After pressing my point all the way up to the manager. They ended up pulling the DPS out of a new unit and installing it in my Spyder. You might try that tack, if they have a comparable unit to take the part off of. What good is a warranty if it cannot be enforced?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    My DPS went out right away on my brand new 2008 Spyder. The dealer said that BRP didn't have any replacements and it would be several months before it would come in. And they didn't have any at the dealership. I said, "Well, of course you do!" Pointing to a new Spyder sitting on the showroom floor. After pressing my point all the way up to the manager. They ended up pulling the DPS out of a new unit and installing it in my Spyder. You might try that tack, if they have a comparable unit to take the part off of. What good is a warranty if it cannot be enforced?
    Good point! Every day you wait for a back-ordered part, your warranty is ticking down towards 0. I wonder if that can be something to negotiate if you have an issue after warranty expires?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The same thing happened with our new 2009 RS. Computer went out. Went to dealer and they robbed one out of a new floor model. They had the spouse back on the road the next day. Probably would not be happening in today's environment though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I had a comfort seat On order two years ago and they kept saying it’ll ship in a week, it’ll ship next week…….. What a joke! I use cheap cycle parts and other vendors with great service.
    Last edited by Plarimer; 01-19-2022 at 07:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

This is the very reason I just sold my Spyder, I have owned 3 of them, starting with a 2013 RT Limited (Heat , fire issues ), then a 2016 RT Limited (shaking front end with handlebar vibration ), and then a F3 Limited (Warranty changed left module on handlebar twice for same reason this thread was started, then changed right hand module once due to speed control)! I'm sorry folks, I loved my Spyders, but BRP, enough is enough! I sold my F3 Limited the other day back to the dealership, and bought me another two wheel Honda with no computers, etc to tear up! There is no excuse for the terrible service we have to deal with! I know some of you ride them 100,000 miles with no problems, count your blessing! I wasn't that lucky! I am too old to put up with all the problems, and high prices! Thanks you for this Forum!