Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RLS Cat Delete and Two Brothers Racing muffler combination

So I got my RLS cat delete from Ricky in TX. Wow, can't believe how fast that came !!

Anyway, I'll be ready in a few weeks to install it. I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a little. I am interested in finding the right mix in both sound and performance, so I was wondering if any of you have this exact combination and offer any advice.

Should I install a baffle or baffles ?? If only one is required, should the baffle be installed before or after the resonator ?? How about the P1-X Powertip ?? Will my current setup require such a device because my setup is WAY too loud ??

Any advice is sincerely appreciated !!

(I've read some slight loss in performance replacing the stock catalytic converter, but I am willing to trade it for a decent exhaust note, cooler operating temperatures and lighter weight. Besides, it'll only be a matter of time when I reflash the ECU ....).
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

I put the baffle on the front and kept the stock muffler. Heat under the seat decreased significantly. The exhaust at idle changed from 75db to 80db and has a deeper, throatier sound. MPG increased 3-4. No change in performance and none expected. I use the Pedal Commander in Sport mode at +1. Acceleration from a stop is faster than my previous CVO Road Glide Ultra.

Spyder Garage

I concur with what FloridaSTS said, with the exception that I originally left out the baffle. At first, the sound was exactly as STS stated, but for some reason, got louder and was annoying the pillion. Happy pillion, happy life! Just yesterday, I put the baffle in and have yet to give it a road test. I called Ricky and he said the baffle will make it quieter and increase the torque. For that reason, I suggest you install the baffle and not have to remove the delete again.
    Before I bought the delete, I spoke with Ricky and asked him how the sound would be with his delete that has the resonator and a stock muffler. He described it exactly - throatier and smoother and no appreciable increase in noise. He was spot on, until recently, as I mentioned above. If you want to know how yours will sound, give him a call - he's the exhaust sound guru.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

So .. You're saying the Two Bro racing muffler works with the RLS cat delete ? If so, you could combine both the RLS baffle in the delete pipe, and the P1-X suppressor in the muffler. That would be about as quiet as it gets. I have the Two Bros exhaust system installed on my F3-S. I put a cheese grater type baffle in my Two Bro cat delete pipe, along with the P1-X suppressor in the muffler. A bit quieter, but I'm sure it would still be louder than with the RLS cat delete. Now .. You have me wondering if the RLS cat delete would work with my Two Bro muffler? I'll have to take a peek sometime..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Lemme chime in, I have an F3s, rather than a RTL, I run RLS catdelete, with the original exhaust, no baffle (ecu-tune) and I just love the sound, not obnoxious but a more deeper rumble
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I currently have the TBR muffler installed with the stock pipe. I really like the sound, but am looking for something a bit throatier. I'm just worried that it might be TOO loud, even with some baffles installed.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Gotta believe that the RLS cat delete + baffle with the TBR muffler + P1-X suppressor won't be too loud.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue