Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Just don't jump on a Honda Silverwing scooter, he will blow you off the highway, yes a scooter. 0 to 60 mph in 8 seconds, top speed at least 120 mph! I have seen several Harleys get blown away, but they do have quality control at their plants and a good dealer networking system! BRP could learn a lot by looking at Harley, and yes Harley is using business, but they have a very strong owner support system! I am on my 3rd Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Just don't jump on a Honda Silverwing scooter, he will blow you off the highway, yes a scooter. 0 to 60 mph in 8 seconds, top speed at least 120 mph! I have seen several Harleys get blown away, but they do have quality control at their plants and a good dealer networking system! BRP could learn a lot by looking at Harley, and yes Harley is using business, but they have a very strong owner support system! I am on my 3rd Spyder!
    I had a Yamaha T-Max scooter. If not familiar Google it and see what it is capable of. I embarrased a lot of guys especially in places like The Dragon.
    I've been snubbed at traffic lights, gas stations etc. but can't recall being blocked or ran off the road intentionally by another rider. As far as the waving thing goes I am guilty of not waving. Nothing personal, I just don't always wave. If your heart is broken just because I didn't wave then you have the problem not me. Now if you are sitting at the side of the road or a corner of a parking lot I will ALWAYS stop and ask if assistance is needed no matter what you are riding.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

~~~the Swing is fast but incapable in stocks trim of going over 100 MPH. I bought a first year model (2002) used in 2003. All subsequent Swings (motors, drivetrain are identical). No doubt, it was/is a screamer, and i proved it on more than one occasion by those that challenged me to stoplight duels, leaving them in my dust. But once you hit 100 MPH, the show is over

Not that anyone asked but i set mine up for long distance touring. I had an aux. 4 gallon fuel cell bungied on the pillion plumbed under the Tupperware so the hose ran into the stock fuel cap i replaced with a conversion a friend turned for me on his garage lathe, which was nothing more than round aluminum sock screwed to a Stant radiator cap with a threaded 90 degree brass fitting. I also had day-long custom build a leather saddle it’s back rest and a Clearview XL wind screen rounded out the LD mods i used

IIRC It had around 5 K miles on the odometer when i purchased it and I added approx. 20 K more miles selling it in around 2005 as I wasn’t riding the big miles much FWIW I used the Swing as a lighter weight touring platform after selling my 92’ Honda ST1100. She was a nice LD machine if a bit bloated hence the detour to the Swing. Anymore, I’m lucky if i make it down to Key West once year to wet my beak (partake in a little refresco=:-)

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    2020 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just don't jump on a Honda Silverwing scooter, he will blow you off the highway, yes a scooter.
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-...wing-600/2001/
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I wish I could find a decent '96+ ST1100. best handling bike I ever owned and about the most comfortable. Had a couple ST1300s, but didn't like them as much.

I looked at the SilverWing as a potential commuter bike for a while, but never got on one. But I have noticed other riders tend to ignore any kind of scooter.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I rode a highly modified Harley Sportster for almost 30 years. It would leave any of the Big Twin Dressers in the dust unless they had about 15 grand worth of pro engine modifications. Some of the Harley Big Twin riders do the same thing to people who ride a Sportster. They call it a girl's bike and ask when I am going to buy a real Harley. It is part of the Harley salesman's BS when you go to a dealership. They want to sell a Harley that costs twice what the Sportsters do...... more commission. Most of the buyers don't realize they get a slower, and less nimble bike.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

My wife and I went to Lake George Americade 2021 and the 2 wheel bikers outside of town would wave (in town your arm would be out all the time) But none of the Can Am riders would wave and there was at least a 20 - 30 of them that we pass.
    We were at Spyderquest a couple of weeks before that and everyone waves. Very friendly group of people.
    On a normal ride 95% of bikers wave.
    When we stop at the local coffee shop and bikers come in 99% of the of them are at least cordial. Alot of them are older and look at the Spyder as an option to keep riding.
    2015 RT Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I've never been blocked by bikes, regardless of what I was riding at the time. I have had motorcyclists act annoyed when I passed them, again regardless of what I myself was riding. Riding a Spyder since last summer I have not noticed any particular animosity from any riders, although I notice a low fewer returned waves as compared to when I was riding my Goldwing. One thing I find amusing is that riders of conventional trikes seem more accepted as riders, in terms of waves, than Spyders or other (I assume) reverse trikes. Maybe its because coming toward you the front of the conventional trike looks like a motorcycle whereas the Spyder most definitely does not look like a motorcycle.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

I've encountered more sport bike riders that don't wave than HD. Maybe it's their wrist position making it awkward. My last 2 bikes were HD, and I liked them a lot. I switched to a Ryker because I was tired of oil leaks . I hate rev bombing. I never did it even when I could.
    -2021 Ryker 900

Spyder Garage

Interesting. Around here, almost all riders will wave - HD, sportbikes, whatever.

On my bicycle I've been hit twice, once intentionally (Texas pickup), once accidentally (lost snowbird in Arizona). I've had cagers try to force me off of the road on a few occasions (in Utah).

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2022 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Fixed Attach Display

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I HAVE NEVER had an HD rider try to give me that kind of trouble ... But ... I have passed many of them, and they would not wave or even look at me, and until July of 2021 I have owned 5 Goldwings in a row. I'm not sure if they dislike a Spyder any more than they Dislike a Goldwing or not. LOL ....... But, I really don't Care Anyway.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-16-2022 at 09:55 PM. Reason: fixed ad hoc spacing

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I had a Yamaha T-Max scooter. If not familiar Google it and see what it is capable of. I embarrased a lot of guys especially in places like The Dragon.
    I've been snubbed at traffic lights, gas stations etc. but can't recall being blocked or ran off the road intentionally by another rider. As far as the waving thing goes I am guilty of not waving. Nothing personal, I just don't always wave. If your heart is broken just because I didn't wave then you have the problem not me. Now if you are sitting at the side of the road or a corner of a parking lot I will ALWAYS stop and ask if assistance is needed no matter what you are riding.
    💔It was you wasn't it? You're the first person EVER who didn't wave at me first.
    -2021 Ryker 900

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

My poor, old, slow V-Max is still a mystery to some HD owners and the outcome is truly embarrassing for them. The Spyder easily outruns them on the curves. BUT---- I can't recall a 2 wheeler ever attempting to block my path.

Lew L
    I used to live in Milwaukee so a lot of Harley's. When I got my Valkyrie it was pretty obvious it had 6 cylinders (Honda didn't exactly hid them) and you wouldn't believe how many HD riders tried to race me! I'm sure you had a lot of fun on your V-max, I know I did I got so sick of going back and forth with them I got a license plate that said. WYTRY. Never had to say another word - I just stayed far enough in front of them so I could point back to my license plate. I guess they think noise equals horsepower?
    Getting back to the subject though, I was shocked that all the Harleys I see on my Spyder wave to me. I could really care less, but it really surprised me, never had one problem.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    I used to live in Milwaukee so a lot of Harley's. When I got my Valkyrie it was pretty obvious it had 6 cylinders (Honda didn't exactly hid them) and you wouldn't believe how many HD riders tried to race me! I'm sure you had a lot of fun on your V-max, I know I did I got so sick of going back and forth with them I got a license plate that said. WYTRY. Never had to say another word - I just stayed far enough in front of them so I could point back to my license plate. I guess they think noise equals horsepower?
    Getting back to the subject though, I was shocked that all the Harleys I see on my Spyder wave to me. I could really care less, but it really surprised me, never had one problem.
    Hi Mon,
    I also had a Valk ( a Tourer ) and it is a wonderful motorcycle. Changed the big windshield for a modified bullet faring. All black-- wish I had a pix.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I only see problems like this with the "Thinks they are Cool HD crowd ". The bagger HD's are usually fine people.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Spyder Garage

About half the harley Rider’s waive the other half don’t I pretty much give up on them I let them wave first then I’ll wave back but I wave quite excessively when I see another spider or Riker which isn’t really that often where I live in Windsor Ontario
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

I'll admit that I'm a wave back rider. If you wave at me I'll wave back... I've found a lot of older HD riders are interested in my Spyder. Especially when the challenge me at a stop light or they meet me on a twisty road. They think differently about my ride. lol..... It's not the GRANDPA MOBILE they thought it was...
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used to ride a Harley. A really nice Harley I built and was featured in a magazine. I liked riding it and yes it gave me an attitude. Maybe it was all the noise, or the fact that it always needed fixing. And I always hated Spyders and called them snowmobiles with wheels. Then I sold my Harley, bought an awesome Victory Ness Magnum that would leave Harleys in the dust. My attitude improved a little, but still hated Spyders. Then my friend bought a Spyder and I took it for a ride. I went out a bought a used 2014 Rts shortly after and the Victory collected dust. My attitude is great now and I would never go back to 2 wheels. Once you ride a spyder, you figure out why they are so great.
    IMG_1389.jpgIMG_20201108_120821852_HDR.jpg
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I used to ride a Harley. A really nice Harley I built and was featured in a magazine. I liked riding it and yes it gave me an attitude. Maybe it was all the noise, or the fact that it always needed fixing. And I always hated Spyders and called them snowmobiles with wheels. Then I sold my Harley, bought an awesome Victory Ness Magnum that would leave Harleys in the dust. My attitude improved a little, but still hated Spyders. Then my friend bought a Spyder and I took it for a ride. I went out a bought a used 2014 Rts shortly after and the Victory collected dust. My attitude is great now and I would never go back to 2 wheels. Once you ride a spyder, you figure out why they are so great.
    IMG_1389.jpgIMG_20201108_120821852_HDR.jpg
    I wish to "Thank You" on behalf of everyone here on Spyder Lovers for this Post, This will go a long way in mending fences amongst 2 and 3 wheel bikers and the bikes they love. "Hats Off to You"......Bill.......
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Guess I'll add my two cents worth...
    Never had any problems getting blocked or run off the road. What I've noticed is that regular baggers will generally wave, sport bikers not so much, and don't even bother waving to anyone driving ape hangers - I think they're hanging on for dear life.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Nobody waves to me on my unicycle, why?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Delta3Wheel View Post
    This is your 1st Post,
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Delta3Wheel View Post
    They're waving ... but just the one finger. Two fingers for motorcycles, 3 for trikes and then ... well, y'know!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    They're waving ... but just the one finger. Two fingers for motorcycles, 3 for trikes and then ... well, y'know!
    Hmmm, now there's a thought!

But how should one wave at an 18 wheeler??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!