Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

A sway bar will make a world of difference for the body roll, it did on my old girl, but the set of Elka shocks was the icing on the cake, think I payed $650-700, I think! But you are right do one thing at a time and ride it to see how it feels to you!! Good Luck!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rider Steve View Post
    I guess I didn't explain myself very well, mostly I was referring to was how much it leaned during the turns. Sway bar should fix a good share of that (ain't no way in hell I'm spending 2000.00 on shocks). I'll get it sorted out as time goes by. Right now I'm waiting for it to warm up so I can go out and wash that pig. Delivery driver ran through some rain on the way down, I wanna wash it so I can see what color it is.
    That's why I think getting all the braking done before the corner, it tends to make the nose dip and use up some of the travel in the front suspension. Then as you traverse through the apex of the corner quite a lot of the initial travel of the suspension is used up and the bike seems to lean less. When you are coming out of the apex the open throttle unloads the suspension but by then the amount of centrifugal is less and it accelerates in a flatter manner. If you brake late into the corner, the bike seems to lean a lot more as you traverse the corner as the turning part is started with the suspension unloaded at the front, allowing for more lean. Anyway, this seems to work for me.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

The RTL sure does ride like crap in the twisty's. Lot of bragging going on with the Bajaron sway bar and he makes adjustable spacers for the front shocks as well. New expensive shocks are out of the question for me (wowsa on the price of those things). Best I just ride for now and figure out what needs fixed through warranty first then get into the upgrades. Very smooth ride on bumpy roads, don't wanna lose that. I'm just rambling and doing my homework...
    Back when you joined Spyderlovers, my 2010 RTL had logged over 10K miles,
    first full 12 months was 15K. Did I go through issues, yeah, like my first twisty
    ride with a group of other spyder riders who were all on GS spyders, think I was
    the only one then who had the touring version. Could I keep up with them, not
    a chance, fine on the freeway but once we hit the mountains and little trails in
    the San Gabriel mountains, I became exhausted. So I read posts here and most
    were saying that the shocks were lousy and needed to be stiffer, and others were
    saying that the Baja Ron sway bar added not only helped in twists on the RT but
    also in windy conditions when passing a big rig and getting caught up in the draft.

So I purchased and had installed the best shocks money could buy from the write
    up a fellow Spyderlovers "clueless " wrote about his experience and why he thought
    these were the best.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...cks-Installed!

Wow after having mine installed and going on a canyon cruise. Was like cutting
    through butter on the turns, not only could I keep up with the GS/RS crowd I could
    pass and lead. With such good fortune I choose not to add the sway bar. 60K miles
    later when I traded in my 2010 for a 2021 there had been vast improvements to
    the shocks throughout the years. But I read so many posts here thanking Baja Ron
    for his sway bar. So that was the first and only upgrade so far on my ride and turning
    stability is not an issue for me.

If Rider Steve, if you are coming from two wheels to two up front that is the biggest
    challenge for your mind to overcome. For me I hadno prior riding experience so
    I learned quickly. With no counter steer to have to overcome I
    probably learned much sooner than other experienced two wheelers.
    Also did all the practice exercises in a large empty parking lot on Saturdays. (darn, can't find photo)
    I also added highway brackets and found the turning much easier with
    pushing with my legs into the turn. One other big help was adding a back rest securely
    locked me into the drivers seat. So for the new RT's I would add a back rest and sway
    bar and that should do it. Also like others have said experiment with the front tire pressure.
    For me at 225 LBS I prefer 17.5psi up front. On my 2010 it was 15.5psi
    I usually road solo. My first year I had a non working rear shock (didn't know) that I
    was un aware was causing a horrible ride on long outings. Figured it out with the help
    of BRP at Spyderfest. Ahh the good old days.

The photos below wherein the first "Ride for Hati" the earthquake in January 2010
    Glendale CA. Harley Davidson and Berts Mega Mall held a charity ride in the rain.
    The part afterward was covered with live bands and B- List celebrities

The next photo was a 4 day ride from Los Angeles to Reno and Tahoe with WestCoast
    Spyders wow I was hooked. The camaraderie and pure devotion to the experience was
    the best. Lots of discussion about what worked and didn't work with our spyders.

Ooops, the next photo was from 2012 Can-Am Spyder Owners Event held in Durango Colorado.

Ahh and what's a ride with out going PCH, (pacific coast highway 1) My wife joined me for that

Went with a group to the Reagan Library when they had a motorcycle display of all
    the Historic cycles from the 1800's to the 40th president. Quite interesting.

Many trips and outings later, lots of friendships occurred. Have had the wonderful fortune
    of visiting my brother in Cedar Park Texas and riding with him in the Round Rock area.

So Rider Steve, best of luck to you, and rack up many safe miles, the Ryde is an Adventure !

TicketBait

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I guess I didn't explain myself very well, mostly I was referring to was how much it leaned during the turns. Sway bar should fix a good share of that (ain't no way in hell I'm spending 2000.00 on shocks).
    The sway bar can make a big difference. Also Baja Ron's shock adjusters can help. I'm using them rather than replacing the shocks. But it is going to want to lean in any case. You can temper it, but you can't eliminate it. That's just the physics of the machine going around a curve.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The sway bar can make a big difference. Also Baja Ron's shock adjusters can help. I'm using them rather than replacing the shocks. But it is going to want to lean in any case. You can temper it, but you can't eliminate it. That's just the physics of the machine going around a curve.
    Brp advertises it as a touring trike not a randy road racer for a reason.

Spyder Garage

I guess I didn't explain myself very well, mostly I was referring to was how much it leaned during the turns. Sway bar should fix a good share of that (ain't no way in hell I'm spending 2000.00 on shocks).
    Yeah, I found that the sway bar fixed that on my ‘21 RT, Steve. I will only get shocks if stock can’t handle the potholes….and they are doing fine so far.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red