Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

@ Wmoater:
    Unfortunately, my dealer refused to refund my deposit regardless of what BRP is saying, and from what I can see, they are saying discuss the options with your dealer. My dealer's response was - you signed a paper saying your deposit was non-refundable. That was their answer.
    I'm not so sad that I left that dealership, I guess I am chalking up that deposit to a lesson learned...... unless someone can help show me that BRP says you WILL get your deposit back? I can't find it.
    From BRP's site:

"We apologize for this delay, which is related to the global shortage of supplies as well as high demand and logistics challenges. If you’re not satisfied with the expected delivery schedule of your vehicle, you can work with your dealer on your options available, which could include transferring to the next model year or a refund of your deposit."

"We will honor our commitment to deliver as soon as possible, but if you are seeking a refund of your deposit, please contact your dealer directly. If further assistance is required, you can also call us at 1-888-272-9222."
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

I would be calling BRP. The number is right there and that language sounds like plain English to me. My dealer offered me a refund even though I never asked for one. What a pain for you to have to deal with this situation.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Frogman - I did as suggested, I called the number and talked to Hazam at BRP who stated "all deposits and refunds are handled at the dealership level." So, no resolution there. I am happy to hear that your dealership took the high road. Unfortunately, the one I was dealing with, did not. (I will agree that I signed the deposit paperwork that said non-refundable so I knew what I was getting into. I was just hoping for relief as stated on BRP's website)
    Last edited by Jesster72; 05-05-2022 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling errors!
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jesster72 View Post
    Frogman - I did as suggested, I called the number and talked to Hazam at BRP who stated "all deposits and refunds are handled at the dealership level." So, no resolution there. I am happy to hear that your dealership took the high road. Unfortunately, the one I was dealing with, did not. (I will agree that I signed the deposit paperwork that said non-refundable so I knew what I was getting into. I was just hoping for relief as stated on BRP's website)
    Sorry to hear that. I just checked my pre-sale contract (buyer's order) and there is no language about 'non-refundable' as far as the deposit goes. Too bad your dealer is being so difficult. I would think BRP would help in this situation. Bummer for sure!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgls1961 View Post
    I will pick up my 2022 RT LTD Marsella Dark Thursday, 05-05-22 from Mountain Motorsports in Greeneville TN: 2 months to the day I totaled my 2018 RT LTD Asphalt Gray Dark FYI They have a Black one also if it has not already been sold. Contact Hayden at Mountain Motorsports in Greeneville TN. IM me and I would appreciate a mention of my name to him.
    I traded in my Black 2016 RT Limited yesterday for a 2021 Blue RT Limited with only 191 miles on it. And I put 25 of those miles test driving it. I wasn’t looking to trade, as my 2016 was running great, but I took it in for an Oil change a week ago, and was offered a test drive on the new 2021 sitting on the show room floor. I accepted…. and the trade in seed was planted…. which quickly germinated….and well, Y’all know how that Fever bites. So, long story short, that blue RT Limited Chrome is now sitting in my garage, and my reliable 2016 with 63,000 miles on it is now being prepped for sale at my Dealer. Like most other Dealers, no 2022's are available for sale, and the delivery dates keep getting pushed out further. I was perfectly contented to have my 2016 to ride, which has been my Freedom during the entire Covid lock down to escape and ride the back country roads and Blue Ridge Parkway of S.W. Virginia…. God’s County….but now I am even more greateful to own my new 2021 instead of waiting for the long awaited 2022's in short supply to materialize during this Sellers market with short supply of reliable Spyders to buy and ride.
    Last edited by 007james; 05-07-2022 at 04:39 AM. Reason: grafe-full,....
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Jester. Who was the dealer, so everyone can avoid him.
    Hope it didn't cost you to much.

Spyder Garage

Post on social media and tag both BRP CanAm On Road and your dealer.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

I am hesitant to blast the dealer for sticking to terms I agreed to. I have read a lot of positives on these forums, most are happy with them. It is just a bad situation all around. They want the units to sell so they can make their money. (And I am sure - when that RT-L comes in and they get the components to make it saleable, it will NOT sit on their floor for long - they will still get their money) My only complaint was lack of communication - I literally have weekly replies to emails that say "No update. Thanks!"

Now, if BRP would actively leverage the dealers to refund the deposit, and this dealer still refused, I would have to blast away. I'm torn, the deal was good - before I sold my Victory, they gave me a good value on it for trade, and actually had a few incentives. Their communication sucked, is that enough to warn away their potential customers? Maybe.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

We went to our dealer to place our order for a 2022RT Limited on January 27. The color we chose was on the dealership allotment and due to arrive in May. A phone call made today to enquirer informed us that the bike will not be delivered until the end of August. We were offered a different bike in black but we weren’t interested. What a global mess.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

Ok - I took delivery of my '22. I will let this lay after this comment - because it is too good to not share. Like I said, I knew what I signed and that I was losing my deposit, I called Can Am CSR, all to no avail. Ok, last ditch, I screen shot Can Am's website blurb about dealer putting deposit to '23 model or refunding it, sent the screen grab to the dealership and this is the response: (I would never have guessed!)

Can Am website:
    "We apologize for this delay, which is related to the global shortage of supplies as well as high demand and logistics challenges. If you’re not satisfied with the expected delivery schedule of your vehicle, you can work with your dealer on your options available, which could include transferring to the next model year or a refund of your deposit."

Dealership response:
    "Your $XXX deposit is going towards the fine we will get for not selling your unit to you, since it was registered to your name when we placed your order."

So, either they are backed into a corner and don't know what to say, or Can Am mothership is playing dirty pool.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No, your dealer is not being truthful with you. With the Hi demand for the product, (Spyder). they should happily refund your deposit, as they will have no problem what so ever with selling your promised Spyder.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ok - I took delivery of my '22. I will let this lay after this comment - because it is too good to not share. Like I said, I knew what I signed and that I was losing my deposit, I called Can Am CSR, all to no avail. Ok, last ditch, I screen shot Can Am's website blurb about dealer putting deposit to '23 model or refunding it, sent the screen grab to the dealership and this is the response: (I would never have guessed!)

Can Am website:

Dealership response:
    "Your $XXX deposit is going towards the fine we will get for not selling your unit to you, since it was registered to your name when we placed your order."

So, either they are backed into a corner and don't know what to say, or Can Am mothership is playing dirty pool.
    You know what I would do? I would forward that email to BRP.Care@brp.com with a short simple question, "Is this really the case?" Don't ask for anything, just let them carry it from there. If I and old Timer are correct, that the dealer is feeding you a line, the email will put BRP on notice that the dealer is either dishonest or lacks empathy for customers. That then makes it their problem.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 05-16-2022 at 03:55 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I'm picking my 2022 SPYDER RT LIMITED (SEA to SKY) up tomorrow. They said about sixty to ninety days after delivery to the dealership they receive the final parts to install.

Spyder Garage

Can Am website:
    But, wouldn't that only be if you cancel your order? You're not expecting your deposit back if you received your Spyder, are you?
    I may be dreaming. But, I hope to get a Spyder or Ryker, soon.

Just read through "Do-s-and-Do-Nots-for-new-Spyder-owners" and the following posts. Lots of good/helpful info.
    Lots of other forums could go to school on this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GrampaEJ View Post
    But, wouldn't that only be if you cancel your order? You're not expecting your deposit back if you received your Spyder, are you?
    I think you may have missed this post! It explains it. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1627883

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I called Can Am back, and the CSR told me that they do, in fact, levy a fine to the dealers for not selling to the person who pre-orders the unit, Can Am would not disclose the amount of the fine. Thanks for hanging with me on this ride, I would never have thought it would play out like this. I am really sharing this so others are aware - I am not complaining (not too much anyway, I have a new bike). This is my first Spyder, and I am very happy with the purchase thus far (300 miles in).

I hope if you are waiting, the time is short, and you have more patience than I do/did!!
    Sometime in the (hopefully) near future, there will be an extra Petrol Mettalic (Dark) available wihtout a reserve on it.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

I called Can Am back, and the CSR told me that they do, in fact, levy a fine to the dealers for not selling to the person who pre-orders the unit, Can Am would not disclose the amount of the fine. Thanks for hanging with me on this ride, I would never have thought it would play out like this. I am really sharing this so others are aware - I am not complaining (not too much anyway, I have a new bike). This is my first Spyder, and I am very happy with the purchase thus far (300 miles in).

I hope if you are waiting, the time is short, and you have more patience than I do/did!!
    Sometime in the (hopefully) near future, there will be an extra Petrol Mettalic (Dark) available wihtout a reserve on it.
    It is reassuring, but not cheerful, to know the dealer was in fact being truthful.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I would be tempted to buy both bikes and sell the one you can't get your deposit back from for more than you bought it for.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like they get fined only if they sell the bike you ordered to someone else and leave you waiting for your bike.

Spyder Garage

My local dealer now has 2 2022 F3 Limited Spyders for sale on the floor.
    Blue 2019 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

Picking up my F3-S tomorrow.

A bit nervous after 45 yrs on 2 wheels.
    2022 F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Candave650 View Post

No need to be nervous. Just keep an open mind that the ride WILL be different and you'll adapt in short time. ADAPT and ADOPT! The mechanics of handling the bike will be different, but all else, like watching out for idiots, will be the same as you've known for all those years!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum, Candave650 !!

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Candave650 View Post

I have had my 2021 RT Limited for about a month now - have put on around 1200 miles; I am STARTING to shed some of the two wheel habits and understanding what the Spyder wants from me.
    I have been riding bikes since I was 8 and just had my 56th birthday - I thought I would jump right on and be master instantly; not so fast as old habits die hard - but it is getting much better and I am enjoying it.
    I honestly believe it will take another couple thousand miles to really be at the point where all my inputs and reactions will all be based around the Spyder instead of remnants of 2 wheels - would have been easier without a two wheel background.
    And my lovely wife will now ride with me - something she would not do on a bike and that in itself is ALL the reason I need to be thrilled with the decision to switch.
    2021 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Just got word this evening. My dealer has been told that mine is being shipped and they should be receiving it in a few days. Hopefully it isn't missing to many components.
    2022 RT Limited Deep Marsala/Chrome