Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    The dealerships in Red Deer and Edmonton Alberta told me end May.
    My dealer showed me an email from BRP that stated delivery would be the week of April 11th. Originally February.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 08:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Hello all,
    I ordered an F3SS in late Oct with a promise month of Apr. In December I was at the dealer and asked if I could take delivery sooner and the CSM looked it up and said March looked good, I said great. Halfway through March I called and was told March 28, Ok fine. Couple days ago I see this thread which prompted me to write direct to BRP and ask so first I get a reply saying we don't know then mysteriously a text message the next day from the dealer with a new ship date of Apr 22. �� Now I just wrote BRP a longer love letter spelling out how not knowing causes customers to lose faith... So we will see...
    Vince F in Niagara Falls
    2022 Spyder F3 Special Edition
    2020 Ryker Rally, sold
    2022 F3S , Stock Lamonster black diamond Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

I place an order for a Spyder RT Limited back in earl October and yesterday I did call to my dealer and he said March 11.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by studio782 View Post
    I place an order for a Spyder RT Limited back in earl October and yesterday I did call to my dealer and he said March 11.
    Did your dealer happen to mention what YEAR?
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Given that today is the 29th of March (well, at least it is here in Oz - but I guess you lot'll catch up eventually... ) did the dealer really say March??!? Did they mean March 2023?? Or was that meant to be 11 April THIS year??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I got tired of seeing Can-Am posting ads on Facebook, so I messaged them yesterday and asked if instead of posting more ads if they could provide us information on what's happening with the 2022s that were preordered. Still waiting to hear back...
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

I am so sorry I mean to write April 11

Spyder Garage

I just finished my first ride on a Spyder here in Edmonton - a pre-season demo ride. I know now that I want the RTL and will likely go back to the dealer to make the purchase. My salesman told me to expect the ride to come in May/June.
    2022 RT Deep Marsala Metallic

Spyder Garage

I just finished my first ride on a Spyder here in Edmonton - a pre-season demo ride. I know now that I want the RTL and will likely go back to the dealer to make the purchase. My salesman told me to expect the ride to come in May/June.

Spyder Garage

HUZZAH!!!!! Bought an RTL Today!!!

Howdy all, as mentioned in another post I did a test ride yesterday (4 April) on a demo 2022 RTL. Although I wasn't optimistic the ride would replace much of the euphoria I always got on 2 wheels, the trip was awesome!!!

Today I went back and took the plunge, confirming the purchase of an RTL in deep marsala metallic that I had on hold. The salesman told me it is scheduled to leave the factory around 15 May but we all know the delivery problems BRP is having. He couldn't tell me at this time if it would arrive complete or if some parts would follow for dealer install.

Of course now, to quote Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "the waiting is the hardest part." However, I can probably fill some of the time buying "essential" add-ons and farkles (LOL).

BTW, I changed my signature just prior to this post to say as it shows now. I checked a previous post from 25 March, wherein my signature says I bought a 22 RTL on 5 April.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 08:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Good morning, I just spoke with my dealer and confirm that they received the bike and is not missing any parts. They have to put it together and install the back rest and sometime next week it will be ready to be picked up

Spyder Garage

Good morning, I just spoke with my dealer and confirm that they received the bike and is not missing any parts. They have to put it together and install the back rest and sometime next week it will be ready to be picked up
    Congrats! That's great news and it gives hope to those of us still waiting for news.
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    Has anyone received their 2022 Spyder or received word on a delivery date?
    Almost here

Just got word my RTL hyper silver will be delivered next week!! Bad news … minus reverse mech. 30-60 days as others have said.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 08:48 PM.

2022 RTL HyperSilver
    2018 Honda Goldwing Tour White
    2022 RTL , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Well, not the news I wanted -- but not unexpected. My February ship date that was moved to March that was moved to April 11 has now been moved to May 31 for our 22 RT Limited. I suppose that is better than it sitting at the dealer's in a crate waiting for missing components!

I am glad I still have our 2014 RT so we can ride this spring.

The dealer said that BRP told them in this communication that they will be releasing a means of those of us that have Spyders on order will be able to track progress.

Bob
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Just left my dealer. My part was shipped and will be here the first part of the week.
    I could have my ryde by the end of next week.
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Word from my dealer is my May 12 ship date may have moved forward because she was seeing it on the April 11 truck out of Quebec. She was a little confused, but I may actually get mine sooner than I thought. She warned me all the watercraft she's received were missing electronics, but despite the 60-day warning, all of the parts had arrived in less than 2 weeks. She said she'll send a picture of my RT if it really is on the truck this week.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Guess I lucked out. Called my dealer on March 31 and was told they just got in 4 RT's. 2 were presold. I was able to put down money on a 2022 Deep Marsala dark same day. Only kicker: bike sent without windshield motor, so have to wait till end of April or May for delivery of parts and install.

Spyder Garage

I just got an update from my dealer here in Wichita. They got 4 Spyders delivered late last week. Two were missing 4 parts, One was missing two parts, and mine was missing one part. The windshield motor support. BRP says 30 days until the part is delivered to the dealer. It won't be long now!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

If you think dealers are making a markup on Spyders, Jaguar Land Rover had a 15% markup on the only new Range Rover they had on the floor at my local dealer. That's $28,000 dollars folks, thank you very much. That's like the price of a Spyder in markup. When I bought my 2021 RT LTD last August, they had 2 to choose from. Now, sorry, no can do unless you order now and wait until 2023. What's next, is it going to be like houses and you all stand around and bid on a crate as it comes off the truck?
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mecsw500 View Post
    If you think dealers are making a markup on Spyders, Jaguar Land Rover had a 15% markup on the only new Range Rover they had on the floor at my local dealer. That's $28,000 dollars folks, thank you very much. That's like the price of a Spyder in markup. When I bought my 2021 RT LTD last August, they had 2 to choose from. Now, sorry, no can do unless you order now and wait until 2023. What's next, is it going to be like houses and you all stand around and bid on a crate as it comes off the truck?
    People can still get 2022s. When Can-Am says everything for 2022 is sold, they mean to the dealers. All the dealers around me have units they ordered for the showroom floor. My dealer has sold everything through their June shipment, but nothing from the July shipment. Other dealers around me post what they have coming in and when--and they have unsold April deliveries listed. Once they start rolling in, it's not going to be as hard to get a 2022 as people think--they're just late is the problem.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

I was at the dealer today and was told that my Spyder was still expected in May. When I got home an hour later the dealer called and apparently the Sales Manager was on the phone with BRP after I left and was told that there would be a 6 - 8 week delay. But to make matters even worst, BRP told the dealer that they would not be able to ship a Chrome Edition, they could only send a Dark Edition. The dealer told me that they would credit me the $1800 difference between the Chrome and Dark Edition.

I have decided to accept the Dark Edition. The alternative would have been to take a chance on a 2023.

On the positive side, all the extra stuff I have been buying since December (about $3,000 worth) will still fit the Dark Edition.
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

I would prefer the dark anyway
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

I would just like some communication. Now, I do understand I am a new buyer in a very unfavorable climate. I work in MFG, so I get all the logistics delays, both on the Can Am supply side (parts delays to the factory, etc) and the dealership supply (logistics from Can Am to the dealers), I have to give stakeholders a lot of bad news on an almost daily basis. But here is my question, that I don't know if anyone has insight to..... Is CanAm really telling dealerships where they are at on their build list? Meaning if my dealership has 40 F3's and 50 RT-L's on order, does the mothership tell the dealership that the units will start building on April 13th? And if so, man did I pick the wrong dealership, because all they tell me is "we haven't heard anything yet."
    2022 Sea to Sky

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    Has anyone received their 2022 Spyder or received word on a delivery date?
    I'm just glad I wasn't one of those who ordered their Spyders recently, because waiting is NOT one of my strong suits. Coupled with unforeseen delays and bikes not being fully built yet being delivered, that would drive me absolutely bonkers.

And now that dealerships seem to have the upper hand and commanding premium prices, I'm just glad I bought our RT-L when we did.

Good luck to all those who are patiently waiting for their bikes. In the meantime, I'll be out on the road waiting for you guys/gals to get yours ....
    Last edited by Peacekeeper6; 04-13-2022 at 01:59 PM.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jesster72 View Post
    I would just like some communication. Now, I do understand I am a new buyer in a very unfavorable climate. I work in MFG, so I get all the logistics delays, both on the Can Am supply side (parts delays to the factory, etc) and the dealership supply (logistics from Can Am to the dealers), I have to give stakeholders a lot of bad news on an almost daily basis. But here is my question, that I don't know if anyone has insight to..... Is CanAm really telling dealerships where they are at on their build list? Meaning if my dealership has 40 F3's and 50 RT-L's on order, does the mothership tell the dealership that the units will start building on April 13th? And if so, man did I pick the wrong dealership, because all they tell me is "we haven't heard anything yet."
    I know my dealer has a file that lists what is supposed to ship when. Another local dealer has a listing of available units on their website so customers can see what's supposed to arrive each month. I'd expect yours has access to the same thing.
    Last edited by Azbronco; 04-13-2022 at 02:07 PM.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver