Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone done this? if not seeking advice/feedback

I'm the proud owner of a 2019 F3 base model with lots of extras. I'm also a first-time motorcycle owner/rider and have thoroughly enjoyed my time on my Cam-Am. I now have the desire to upgrade to a higher-end model F3, possibly an F3T or an F3 Limited.
    Has anyone done this upgrade and was it worth the extra money to upgrade?
    What about performance, does the extra 10 hp really make a difference?
    Is the F3T or F3 limited geared differently to account for the heavier weight?
    I owe less than 8k on my 2019 F3, I know any upgrade will be costly but is it worth the cost?

Thanks Arcamguy
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamguy View Post
    I'm the proud owner of a 2019 F3 base model with lots of extras. I'm also a first-time motorcycle owner/rider and have thoroughly enjoyed my time on my Cam-Am. I now have the desire to upgrade to a higher-end model F3, possibly an F3T or an F3 Limited.
    I owe less than 8k on my 2019 F3, I know any upgrade will be costly but is it worth the cost?

Thanks Arcamguy
    If my income / funds were un-limited I MIGHT ..... however in the world of H.P. the only way you would tell the difference , would be if your Spyder were on a Dyno ..... It will cost you a lot of money to change to either of those models. .... if you really need extra carrying capacity Think " a small trailer " ... if you seriously want more H.P. THINK Monster Fuel ( or their partner business in Louisiana ) for their ECU re-map ( About 25 H.P. ) ..... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamguy View Post

Thanks Arcamguy
    You will not feel a big difference in performance going to a F3T or F3 Limited, due to the increase in weight and they will have the same size rear sprocket as your current F3 base. If you are looking for more storage and wind protection, it might be worth considering. My biggest gripe with the F3 base would be the lack of cruise control. But even that is not something that would make me want to upgrade for. If you are happy with your F3, keep it and enjoy.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Check out greatrydes on youtube, he has a f3 base model and he recently upgraded to a f3t.

Spyder Garage

The F3L is the only spyder in the F3 lineup that has trailering capabilities, I believe
    Pontbrba
    2020 F3 Limited
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think the F3T is also approved by BRP to tow a Can Am trailer.