Spyder Garage

Default Speakers - What setup do you have

Hey gang - this forum has been super helpful over the past year of me owning my ryker/speeder bike HEHEHEHE

Anyways - I have a Cardio for my full helmet but want some music for those great spring and summer rides and tired of the earbuds.

I tried the 4 speaker setup from BOSS that go on the handle bars but once you get over 45 mph you can barely hear it above the wind and the engine.

I have seen those YouTube videos with Rockford Fosgate kicker speakers with the amps.

Like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChLHnJqySv0

That looks like something I might want to do but haven't seen any videos of people going over 30 mph with them.

Any feedback would be helpful as this my main source of enjoyment in the warm months - don't mind spending some money for quality.
    2020 600 , Bike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by paligap914 View Post
    Hey gang - this forum has been super helpful over the past year of me owning my ryker/speeder bike HEHEHEHE

Anyways - I have a Cardio for my full helmet but want some music for those great spring and summer rides and tired of the earbuds.

I tried the 4 speaker setup from BOSS that go on the handle bars but once you get over 45 mph you can barely hear it above the wind and the engine.

I have seen those YouTube videos with Rockford Fosgate kicker speakers with the amps.

That looks like something I might want to do but haven't seen any videos of people going over 30 mph with them.

Any feedback would be helpful as this my main source of enjoyment in the warm months - don't mind spending some money for quality.
    My current system is perfect , but wouldn't fit the Ryker. ... You could add " over the ear speakers " to any Helmet even a shorty .... JMHO .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by paligap914 View Post

I thought cardo sold a separate speaker and mount so you could move the unit from helmet to helmet. If your talking about wanting to listen to music without a helmet, I couldn't help you. I hear some of the speakers on motorcycles about 1/4 mile away while working in my field. They have to really jack up the volume to get over the noise of the bikes sometimes. I don't understand getting the loudest pipes on the market, then trying to hear music while riding.

Spyder Garage

I use the over the ear speakers that fit inside the helmet. They are not the best quality and hope to upgrade my system at some point.

Spyder Garage

Yeah. I have the cardio for my full helmet. I want something for my open helmet and nice weather.
    2020 600 , Bike

Spyder Garage

I use custom molded earplugs with speakers that are bluetooth to my phone. They fit inside my helmet and reduce ambient external noise while providing music at a comfortable level. Maybe it is a little selfish that I don't share my music with everyone around me; shame on me.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow