Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT Ltd - suggestions on Radio replacement & amp install?

Good evening,

I’ve added the Polk 5.25” to the front of my 2015 Spyder RT Limted. I also just ordered the rear Polk to replace the OEM speakers.

I want to add an aftermarket amp. Any suggestions?

Also, I like to upgrade the radio. any aftermarket radios out there that is an upgrade to the OEM.

Thanks in advance!!

amputeez

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amputeez View Post
    Good evening,

I’ve added the Polk 5.25” to the front of my 2015 Spyder RT Limted. I also just ordered the rear Polk to replace the OEM speakers.

I want to add an aftermarket amp. Any suggestions?

Also, I like to upgrade the radio. any aftermarket radios out there that is an upgrade to the OEM.

Thanks in advance!!

amputeez
    I have a 2014 RT, ( with OEM radio ) ...and swapped out my OEM speakers for JBL 5.25 in. 2 ohm models ..... My stereo now ROCKS ..... If I turn the volume up to 75% they hurt my ears ..... NO Amp needed .... This has been in my 2014 for 66,000 + miles without any issues .... I can't speak for the Polk's but I would test them out first ...... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amputeez View Post
    Nope. The market would be way too small for anyone to go to the cost of reverse engineering the digital communications over Canbus that is used to control the radio from the handlebar module.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Nope. The market would be way too small for anyone to go to the cost of reverse engineering the digital communications over Canbus that is used to control the radio from the handlebar module.
    ... and IMHO totally un-necessary, the Head unit ( ie. radio ) was not the weak link to having great sound..... as I stated above my Radio now Rocks .... both for volume & clarity .... If you want " concert hall " quality, you need to go to a " concert hall ", this is not attainable on a motorcycle no matter how much you spend ...... good luck .... Mike