Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sad story, recent road rage shooting

Resulted in the death of a 32 year old motorcyclist in North Carolina. A Vet and a father. Shooter had fled the scene but was found and arrested.
    Last edited by Saluda; 01-07-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Resulted in the death of a 32 year old motorcyclist in North Carolina. A Vet and a father. Shooter had fled the scene but was found and arrested.
    Link to the story: https://www.wral.com/police-man-admi...rder/20060919/. Motivation for the shooting is not known at this time. The shooter's son got out of the passenger side of a pickup in an intersection and was confronting the motorcyclist when the father shot from the driver's seat.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I'm assuming you did have a link, and then removed it. In any case I read the one Pete referenced. I'm not sure about road rage since the driver of the pick up, who did the shooting, used his son as cover to ambush the motorcyclist with a rifle while sitting in his truck. It is on video. Then, he waited for the light to turn green before leaving. Neither he nor his son called the police. In the article, it states the prosecutor may charge a hate crime. The shooter, according to his neighbor, is in a habit of throwing around the N word, and discharging his rifle in her yard.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I'm assuming you did have a link, and then removed it. In any case I read the one Pete referenced. I'm not sure about road rage since the driver of the pick up, who did the shooting, used his son as cover to ambush the motorcyclist with a rifle while sitting in his truck. It is on video. Then, he waited for the light to turn green before leaving. Neither he nor his son called the police. In the article, it states the prosecutor may charge a hate crime. The shooter, according to his neighbor, is in a habit of throwing around the N word, and discharging his rifle in her yard.
    I haven't seen any American news reports yet that identify the victim as black and the shooter as white, implying a possible hate crime. But, foreign press isn't at all hesitant to call it that, rather than 'road rage'.

The world is watching, and judging.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I haven't seen any American news reports yet that identify the victim as black and the shooter as white,
    The story I link to above states:
    WRAL News asked District Attorney Bill West if Noble, who is white, might be charged with a hate crime in the death of Addison, who is Black. He said he'll weigh the evidence and do more interviews before making that decision.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did not have a link, I only mentioned what I saw in the article I read. Specifically mentioned road rage and did not mention a rifle.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I haven't seen any American news reports yet that identify the victim as black and the shooter as white, implying a possible hate crime. But, foreign press isn't at all hesitant to call it that, rather than 'road rage'.

The world is watching, and judging.
    I am local, and can say for sure that the shooter is white and the victim is black. No hate crime charges are being made yet, but they are looking at all options and his history of such things.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The road is a dangerous place, I do nothing to irritate another driver, it's a good way to get terminated. Unfortunately, our world is a dangerous place.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    The road is a dangerous place, I do nothing to irritate another driver, it's a good way to get terminated. Unfortunately, our world is a dangerous place.
    God bless America!

Was it always this way, or is lethal road rage a fairly new phenomenon?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-09-2022 at 03:17 PM. Reason: ARtraveler Took out an inflammatory comment about weapons
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    The trouble is, YOU don’t have to DO anything to irritate another driver into coming after you, BikerBill. A serious number of drivers are “under the influence” these days, and will come after you for a perceived slight that only exists in their tiny little befuddled mind. The number of truck drivers that are being reported as testing with meth in their system out here, is very, very concerning.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I just happened upon road rage in action this past Friday. Once they start raging they can't see anything else; it's like they lose their vision. There were about 6 cars ahead of me waiting for a green light. The 6th car was partially blocking a side street. This guy, on the side street who wanted to turn and go in the opposite direction, was yelling, shaking, and banging on his steering wheel; I thought his head was going to explode. I had stopped far enough behind that 6th car so that you could drive a tractor trailer thru. He finally realized it before popping a blood vessel and drove thru without a nod or a wave of thank you.

Pete,

What happens to the driver when they test positive with meth? Do they just get a good lawyer or bad judge, like here?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just happened upon road rage in action this past Friday. Once they start raging they can't see anything else; it's like they lose their vision. There were about 6 cars ahead of me waiting for a green light. The 6th car was partially blocking a side street. This guy, on the side street who wanted to turn and go in the opposite direction, was yelling, shaking, and banging on his steering wheel; I thought his head was going to explode. I had stopped far enough behind that 6th car so that you could drive a tractor trailer thru. He finally realized it before popping a blood vessel and drove thru without a nod or a wave of thank you.

Pete, What happens to the driver when they test positive with meth? Do they just get a good lawyer or bad judge, like here?
    'Meth rage'? That's a new one on me.

I used to hear about 'rhoid rage' but I never understood that one; how could dingleberries be THAT bad?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 01-10-2022 at 06:23 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I read the story. Another father/son team. Not unlike another situation involving a father/son who are going to spend the rest of their lives in prison.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Pete,
    What happens to the driver when they test positive with meth? Do they just get a good lawyer or bad judge, like here?
    6-12 month loss of license, and maybe a $1000 fine, Wyliec. So they usually wait a couple of days and get back behind the wheel again without a license. They chances of being caught again are very low… and yes, good lawyers or bad judges play a part out here, too

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I read the story. Another father/son team. Not unlike another situation involving a father/son who are going to spend the rest of their lives in prison.
    I will definitely be watching and hope it gets justice for this guy. People need to realize that just walking away from a situation does not make you any less of a man. I have had times when I wanted to do things to people. But I know I do not want to spend the rest of my life away from my family and behind bars, or have my family weeping at my own death. Knowing when to walk away from a bad situation is a skill that people today really need to learn. I do believe in staying ready, so I don't have to get ready. But that is another story.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white