Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Do you feed the birds ?????

If you do and you are buying " Black Oil Sunflower seeds ...... I bought some for my "X" ( she requested it ) ... I bought 10lbs. ( about one weeks worth according to Her ) .... It was almost $15.00 ..... I realized that was about $ 60.00 per month ........ So I looked for an alternative ... Walmart sells 40 lbs for $24.95 annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they deliver it for FREE to your door ..... I bought 80 lbs ..... I have room to store it ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I pay taxes which feed the politicians, qualify ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you do and you are buying " Black Oil Sunflower seeds ...... I bought some for my "X" ( she requested it ) ... I bought 10lbs. ( about one weeks worth according to Her ) .... It was almost $15.00 ..... I realized that was about $ 60.00 per month ........ So I looked for an alternative ... Walmart sells 40 lbs for $24.95 annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they deliver it for FREE to your door ..... I bought 80 lbs ..... I have room to store it ..... Mike
    " & So" Is this part of the divorce settlement, or are you trying to WIN her back?

Spyder Garage

I do (Black oil Sunflower seeds) until they start pooping everywhere
    Then I cut them off, they can go somewhere else, away from my deck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    " & So" Is this part of the divorce settlement, or are you trying to WIN her back?
    No & No ..... but Her age has caught up with ( and then passed ) Her and She is a bit physically challenged now ( also can't drive anymore ) ..... and She is the mother of our two wonderful children. I believe in forgive and compassion. ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Yep, I purchase sunflower seeds at Wallyworld by the 40# bags. There are two walmarts near me and a SIX dollar difference in price! Currently $19 at one store and $25 at the other walmart. I enjoy seeing the birds eating (especially during winter) and most of the birds near my house like to sing, so I figure it's the cost of the live show. For me it's cheap entertainment.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I do. I have a bird feeder in the center of the back yard. I also have a corn cob hanger in a tree for squirrels. Black oil seeds from Walmart and corn cobs from a friend..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    Yep, I purchase sunflower seeds at Wallyworld by the 40# bags. There are two walmarts near me and a SIX dollar difference in price! Currently $19 at one store and $25 at the other walmart. I enjoy seeing the birds eating (especially during winter) and most of the birds near my house like to sing, so I figure it's the cost of the live show. For me it's cheap entertainment.
    Walmart prices can vary region to region. However I bought my seed " On-line " .... The marketer is " Pennington " - in 25 and 40 lb. bags. .... Walmart sells way more brands " on-line " than they actually have in even their " supercenters " ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I used to feed the birds and practically fed the squirrels by hand but since getting another rescue dog they will have to feed elsewhere. I also ordered feed from Walmart delivered cheaper than anywhere else.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Walmart prices can vary region to region. However I bought my seed " On-line " .... The marketer is " Pennington " - in 25 and 40 lb. bags. .... Walmart sells way more brands " on-line " than they actually have in even their " supercenters " ..... Mike
    That's because Wal-Mart online is using the Amazon model of listing direct sellers who pay a fee to be on Wal-Mart's website. Their fee must be less than Amazon's because I too have found the same birdseed (Niger Thistle) is cheaper at Wal-Mart.com than anywhere else.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 01-06-2022 at 03:46 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No & No ..... but Her age has caught up with ( and then passed ) Her and She is a bit physically challenged now ( also can't drive anymore ) ..... and She is the mother of our two wonderful children. I believe in forgive and compassion. ...... Mike
    Your a Good Sport Mike, Happy New Year & Keep Your Chin Up!

Spyder Garage

Default Do you feed the birds

Yes, black sunflower seeds also; get mine from tractor supply for 40#'s @ $20.00 when not on sale.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Yes, black sunflower seeds also; get mine from tractor supply for 40#'s @ $20.00 when not on sale.

Al in Kazoo
    Thanks Al for the info .... I just checked my local store and it's $22.99 for 40 lbs ..... and they don't deliver .... which adds $ 7.50 in gas cost ..... So I'll stick with Walmart for now ..... Mike