Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT-L - What's this wiring behind frunk plug & battery?

Good morning,

I have a 2015 RT-L. Behind the frunk and up behind the battery is a rubber plug with wires coming out. What ar ethese wires and where do they go to? My problem is when I bought the bike I believe the skid plate LEDS where blugged in there and got caught on the trailer and ripped off. I am able to see a purple and yellow wire but wondering what else is there so I can repair/replace what was ripped off. Thanks in advance!

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amputeez View Post
    Good morning,

I have a 2015 RT-L. Behind the frunk and up behind the battery is a rubber plug with wires coming out. What ar ethese wires and where do they go to? My problem is when I bought the bike I believe the skid plate LEDS where blugged in there and got caught on the trailer and ripped off. I am able to see a purple and yellow wire but wondering what else is there so I can repair/replace what was ripped off. Thanks in advance!
    Amputeez. Once upon a time - and maybe it's still available - there was an accessory kit for a 12v power plug for the frunk. You knocked out or drilled a hole in the rear wall of the frunk and mounted the plug in it. That rubber plug you see was the power connector that plugged into the back of it in order to supply power to it. I think that most people did not bother installing that accessory plug because there is already one in the rear trunk. Some have used it to power other things instead. Looks like this was your case.

That plug is either powered on all the time, or only powered on when the key is on. It depends on whether the 5a fuse in the right fuse box is in the F6 or F7 position. - as described in your owners manual. if you need a manual, you can download one here:

https://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/...9-f5ea4d9dd6a2

If you decide not to use it for anything in the future, I would suggest that you seal it up in order to prevent corrosion and future electrical issues, since there is exposed electrical wires inside. Besides the Violet/Yellow wire, you should also find a Black ground wire coming from it.

As an aside, I trust that you noticed that you [Mod Edit: initially - since fixed! ] tagged onto a thread that was over 5 years old. Going forward, if you have an unrelated question you may get more responses if you start a new thread from scratch. Congrats on the new to you RT. Have a great day.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 01-05-2022 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Moderator edit after move to new thread. ;-)

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238