Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Wind noise cancellation feature is why we went with the Cardo Packtalk Bold. Better than the Sena and waterproof.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billrob...-you-in-touch/
    Last edited by RapidSpyder; 01-04-2022 at 08:32 AM.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I recently upgraded from Sena S20 to Paktalk Black (black is basically an upgraded Paktalk Bold) and couldn’t be happier. I considered the Sena S50 but after reading several reviews the paktalk was my choice. A lot of riders I ride with have also upgraded to the Paktalk.

I like the speaker sound quality; the app gives you the ability to control the ring, intercom and music volumes independently. The mesh feature works great for group riding with other riders who have Paktalk Bold/Black headsets. The intercom pairs up automatically at power on with the last person you were paired with.

I can pair it with my Spyder BRP Connect, but lost some of the functions and the sound quality wasn’t that great. I bypass BRP Connect for most of my riding.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

I have the Sena 50S on my helmets. I have the kits to where I can change the 50S from one helmet to another. My wife has no problem with any type of helmet that I might be wearing. I have a modular which I wear both shield up and down and also a 3/4 that I wear with a shield down. No problem at all.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Sena has a Helmet called Outrush that has been real good and they will be come out with a new version called Impulse that you can read about here https://www.sena.com/product/impulse Motorcycle Dave is the guy that can help with any questions. The new Impulse Helmet looks impressive. I need to get a new one this year too.
    Wow, that Impulse looks good and has a lot of features standard. My wife has a 1 year old Outrush, but this one seems much better, can't wait to see the price. I have the 10 c evo, it has a camera which actually works great, so that's not going anywhere. I still have a pair of Sena 10s which are great and have been debating whether to sell them. In case anybody's wondering about the battery life, well as far as the 10s model and also the Outrush Helmet We've taken trips up to about 15 hours and have never had the battery die and that's with the music and conversation going the whole time. Now the 10c evo has a camera built in, so when you use the camera you pretty much have to have the charging cable plugged in or it will only last 1/2 hour. If you don't use the camera or you just take a few single pics instead of movies, then it's the same all day life. Some say the Sena's aren't waterproof, my experience is that the Outrush is because it's inside the helmet, now the regular 10s model once or twice in a pouring down rain has acted a little glitchy after many hours of downpour only. Now the 10c evo camera model, in a hour's long downpour, the lens has gotten foggy twice on me. It stayed foggy till the middle of the next day. Funny thing, I drove bikes since a kid without ever hardly changing helmets, but in the last 4 years I'm going thru helmets,jackets, gloves, phones, etc. I'm older now and just less willing to be uncomfortable I guess.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-04-2022 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Spaces after punctuation so that 'text to voice' s/ware can read it! ;-)
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

I bought a Schuberth C3 lite helmet a couple of months ago. Sena makes a comm system (SC10UA) that fits inside the helmet. Has anyone tried this system?

Thanks,
    Rick
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

Since we all have different shaped heads and lids come in different shapes, the 1st issue with integrated comms is, does it fit correctly? Again, that's the advantage of a stand-alone comm. 1st get a lid that fits and then get a Sena 50s or Cardo Pac-talk and enjoy.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Wow. So many responses. Way more than I expected. Great feedback everyone and I will start researching all of the leads that have been provided. Thanks!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    I have a bunch more questions on helmet coms but will hold off on asking so I don’t hijack the OP’s thread any further.
    No ..... Please Hijack!!! Great info here

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stewartj239 View Post
    Wow. So many responses. Way more than I expected. Great feedback everyone and I will start researching all of the leads that have been provided. Thanks!!
    You might also want to check out the Comms offerings from UClear Digital, in particular their latest UClear Motion 6.

I've been using UClear comms for a number of years, and after recently re-trying one of the often recommended & quite popular brands (sorry MotorcycleDave ) in an integrated installation, IMHO, these UClear devices STILL, only now even more so, well & truly put everything else to shame when it comes to noise cancellation, comms & sound clarity, ease of use, versatility, and more!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stewartj239 View Post
    No ..... Please Hijack!!! Great info here
    Ok, here we go! I seldom ride in a group, so most of these questions are in regards to myself and my pillion (wife).

1. My wife likes to listen to books on tape (outdated reference!) that are downloaded to her phone (iPhone). And she will also sometimes carry on phone conversations with family/friends while we are riding. I don't particularly want to be involved in either activity while riding. Is it possible for my wife to use her phone, but still be able to hear me if I need/want to tell her something?

2. As a husband/wife (rider & pillion) would we pair our coms differently than we would with any other group member? In other words are there different levels/types of pairings?

3. If we are in a group ride and paired up with other independent riders is there a way to do that while maintaining a private pairing between myself and wife?

I will mainly listen to music I have downloaded on my own phone and listen to GPS also on my phone. It's not important that my wife listen to my music or that she hear GPS guidance it's more important that she has the ability to utilize her own phone but maintain the ability to communicate with each other as needed. I'm open to Sena, but I'm leaning more towards Cardo PB currently, is one brand better than another at the above? I appreciate everyone's input.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    Ok, here we go! I seldom ride in a group, so most of these questions are in regards to myself and my pillion (wife).

1. My wife likes to listen to books on tape (outdated reference!) that are downloaded to her phone (iPhone). And she will also sometimes carry on phone conversations with family/friends while we are riding. I don't particularly want to be involved in either activity while riding. Is it possible for my wife to use her phone, but still be able to hear me if I need/want to tell her something?

2. As a husband/wife (rider & pillion) would we pair our coms differently than we would with any other group member? In other words are there different levels/types of pairings?

3. If we are in a group ride and paired up with other independent riders is there a way to do that while maintaining a private pairing between myself and wife?

I will mainly listen to music I have downloaded on my own phone and listen to GPS also on my phone. It's not important that my wife listen to my music or that she hear GPS guidance it's more important that she has the ability to utilize her own phone but maintain the ability to communicate with each other as needed. I'm open to Sena, but I'm leaning more towards Cardo PB currently, is one brand better than another at the above? I appreciate everyone's input.
    1. Yes, she can pair to her phone independent from how you intercom. When she gets a call, it take priority and cuts out intercom.

2. Not necessarily. If units have Mesh, you can do private BT w/wife and auto-join open or closed mesh intercom groups you ride with. If you only have BT, it depends on the brand.

3. See #2

You can each pair your phones to your lid and have complete independence. Intercom is a separate channel and can be on or off as desired.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White