Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chunkmonk View Post
    In the manual I have, XPS 4T 5W40 Synthetic blend oil, but I would tend to agree with Ron on the formulation. I've jumbled oils around in my old cars as well as my off-road Jeeps for a number of years, and have almost never taken the 'default' seriously. It's about what's best for the motor and the conditions in which you will subject the vehicle. I did a little looking and found this - Can-Am New OEM, XPS 1 US Gallon (3.785 L) 4T 10W-40 Synthetic Blend Oil, 779426 for $52 USD. So that would make the oil for an oil change at right about $60 to $65 USD. Still trying to figure out the part numbers/possible source for the O-Rings and seals, as well as the filter. Even with a K&N I can't imagine that the price of a filter and O-rings come up to the $140USD price of the "Can Am Oil Change Kit"...
    The easy answer is to just order from BajaRon a sponsor here. If you go to the homepage you will see his ad there. He is very reputable and his parts are of the highest quality. For those looking for Rotella T6 that can't find it, Valvoline T4 is good and the same price is not too bad. The Castrol motorcycle oil is reasonable in price.There are other good oils out there that are around $10.00-$12.00. I don't think we are going to see the days of under $6.00/qt quality synthetic oil again. Hope I am wrong. Fortunately I have 4 gals of Shell and 5 gals of Valvoline on the shelf and 5 qts of Royal Purple Max Cycle. so I am probably good for the rest of my riding life.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Picked up a 2.5g jug of Rotella T6 15W40 from Wally World… $56