Spyder Garage

Question Best place for GoPro mounting on a Ryker?

Hi everybody

I am looking for advise on best place to mount a GoPro on the Ryker, I bought the GoPro 10 and the attachments to stick it on a flat or curved system (like a helmet), I'd rather not place it on a helmet.

My Ryker has the sports windshield, would also prefer not to put it behind the windshield, looking for advise from those who have done it and found the best spot

Thanks

Carlos

Spyder Garage

I went with a helmet mount because so much of what I want to see is off to the side, not down the center line.
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have the JVC action Cam and the Go Pro. The JVC is my favorite for helmet mount because its more streamlined and fits closer to the helmet. I've used them in many different positions on my two wheel machines, and I've used them behind the windscreen on a Ram mount. I tried it on my Sport windscreen on the Ryker, but the windscreen would vibrate at speed so much that it made a poor quality video. I also prefer helmet mount for several reasons. Number one reason is that its more stable and less vibration, plus I like to record what I view and see, and it gives you more flexibility. If I see something that I'd like to record as I pass it, all's I have to do is look at it. It makes for a more interesting video than just recording the road ahead of you. Open air wind noise isn't a issue for me because I usually dub music to my ride videos.

Below are a couple of videos. The first one is of a 4 day November trip riding the Smoky Mountains with a couple of riding buddies of mine on their Harleys, I'm riding the orange Moto Guzzi Griso 1200. Any video of me on the Guzzi was recorded by one of the Harley riders just pointing their camera at me by hand held camera or phone. I was wearing two different helmets during the trip, depending on how cold it was. One was a 3/4 helmet, and when cold I was wearing the full face. When wearing the full face helmet, my camera was mounted on it and doing all the recordings of my Harley rider buddies. During those recordings, you can see part of my helmet in the video, thats because I didnt have the camera mount spacer with me on that trip. Normally you dont see any of my helmet. With it on the side of my helmet, I was able to record them at different angles while riding.

The 2nd video is of a 2015 trip to the Smoky Mountains with a riding buddy of mine on his Goldwing. During this video I had the camera mounted fixed on the right side handlebar of my 2013 Triumph Trophy 1200. The only thing that I could record during the ride was of my buddy riding in front of me, which makes for a boring video that really doesnt even start to get interesting until he starts to pick up the pace hauling butt and scraping pipes through the curves.

Last edited by RykerRick; 01-03-2022 at 12:51 PM.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

I use a few different mounts on my Ryker.

2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KnurledNut View Post
    I use a few different mounts on my Ryker.

Curious does the pole mount flex much in wind?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I think the Ryker just vibrates too much for s handle bar mount to produce a good quality video. Having said that, you might take a look at the Seasky Bike Handle Bar mount. It fits the Ryker handle bars, sits low enough so it's not impacted too much by wind, it's all metal, comes with 2 style mounts and can be rotated. If you have a wind shield you wil most likely end up filming through that. You can find it on Amazon.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Curious does the pole mount flex much in wind?
    With image stabilization active the video is quite impressive. Plus you can articulate the pole into some wild positions.
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

Where and how did you mount tthe pole.

Am looking into how to mount my GP at the moment. On my handlebars am using Ram Mounts & arms. But am also looking for something to film from behind.
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase