Spyder Garage

Default 2021 RT Ltd has a different idler roller

The belt idler on my 2021 has a different designed roller than the older BRP rollers. I had ordered a new roller from Lamonster and when I went to install it, the bolt on the new one is a M8 verses the smaller M6 on the older style. Plus the new BRP roller has two bearings seperated by a small spacer verses the older single bearing.
    Also, when I called to Lamonster's, they told me I must have a jobbers version because they sell lots of these and have had no other complaints. Mine is a Feb. 2021 build and I don't think Lamonster has run into this yet. Kind of felt like I got the cold shoulder from the Lamonster Garage. Time will tell, if the Lamonster Garage all of a sudden comes out with a new M8 design!!

Spyder Garage

Sounds like BRP woke up to their error on the single bearing roller.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Sounds like BRP woke up to their error on the single bearing roller.
    That would explain why they started putting them back on the 2021's
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Anybody tried to replace their new (2021), BRP idler roller with one from Lamonster besides me yet? If so, did you also find a different size bolt, (m8), and roller on the new BRP one compared to the older bolt, (m6), that Lamonster says should work but doesn't? Lamonster's roller and bearings are bigger and I like that better but I can't change it out because the bushing and bolt from Lamonster are for the old style and not the new style even though they say it is for the 2021!!

Spyder Garage

Go to any Ace Hardware store if they don't have it nobody makes it

Spyder Garage

The latest online catalog says the idler became stock on machines after January 4, 2021. Perhaps that's when the roller changed? And the parts catalog shows the bolt as an M8.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

No, you don't understand, the bushing for Lamonsters is for an M6, not an M8 that is on the BRP units. The bushing needs to be drilled out to an M8 size. If Lamonster doesn't come out with the correct bushing I will have to take the M6 bushing to a machine shop to have it reamed to an M8 size.
    Lamonster, are you reading this???
    Last edited by Dakota Jim; 09-20-2021 at 11:17 PM. Reason: misspelled and added comments

Spyder Garage

Still haven't heard from anyone if they have run into this and I'm "assuming" Lamonster's response to this is their new and improved Idler LG-1165-RT. The new idler does look nice but doesn't help anyone if they just want to replace the roller only on the new bikes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Jim View Post
    No, you don't understand, the bushing for Lamonsters is for an M6, not an M8 that is on the BRP units. The bushing needs to be drilled out to an M8 size. If Lamonster doesn't come out with the correct bushing I will have to take the M6 bushing to a machine shop to have it reamed to an M8 size.
    Lamonster, are you reading this???
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Jim View Post
    Still haven't heard from anyone if they have run into this and I'm "assuming" Lamonster's response to this is their new and improved Idler LG-1165-RT. The new idler does look nice but doesn't help anyone if they just want to replace the roller only on the new bikes.
    Lamonster is going thru a lot of other stuff right now, and maybe isn't up to spending too much time checking thru the Forum &/or answering posts - that'll probably be the case for some time too, altho we all hope he gets on top of it all soon!

Regardless, his presence here is not guaranteed atm or for the foreseeable future, so if you want a response direct from the source, you might be better off to phone or email Lamonster Garage & talk to someone at the shop. There will be contact details available via the logo/link up in the right hand corner of most pages; via the Home page; &/or the logo/link in our Sponsors listings. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-09-2022 at 10:53 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the response. I had heard awhile back that he had some physical troubles and I do hope things are going ok. He has really been a help with his video's etc. I have sent the garage directly emails but have never heard back from them. Still curious if anyone else has run into the roller situation that I have described above.

Spyder Garage

I would return the roller back to LaMonster and wait for them to come out with a new design! You have the new one on your bike from BRP, should last awhile. Just my thought…
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box