Spyder Garage

Default Where to get car tires mounted

Several threads discuss tire replacement with car tires. What suppliers have the ability to mount and/or balance the tires?

Spyder Garage

A local auto tire shop does mine. I do have the wheels off the bike so all they have to do is swap tires and balance them. They can only balance the fronts so I balance the rear on my set up at home. I don't know if you are near any Spyder dealers, but some of them will do the job. My dealer will do it. He says a buck is a buck sure I will mount your tires.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I agree with navy dad. Fronts any tire dealer should be able to do. Remove your own fronts it’s easy and standard. The rear can also be done by youself if you feel confident removing. Remove everything and take to tire dealer. If not some dealers will do it for you. Call ahead and notify your supplying the tire. Another option is goto a rally. Many have tire install. Depending when you do this, Maggie May does next fall and they also have laser alignment, which I recommend if you’re switching so you start out perfect.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 01-01-2022 at 09:12 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I took my front wheels off and had new tires swapped by a shop that had a Hunter Road Force balancer. This is the first time I can truly say the balance is correct. The back wheel is a different story, if you take it off and unbolt the rotor any shop can swap it. If you can find a shop that has a special adapter they may be able to balance it for you. That's what I did when I got my new Kanine (which only lasted 13k) but the adapter looked so flimsy that I doubt it could provide a decent balance job. That wheel took 5 ounces which seems like more than it should've taken. So now I've switched to a Altimax rt43, installed new bearings and seals, and balanced it myself using its own axle on jackstands. It took 2.5 ounces and feels smooth, but as most already know it's very hard to feel shaking from the rear, but its nice to know that it's balanced.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-01-2022 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added spaces so 'text to voice' s/ware can read it! :-)
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Local auto shop mounted/balanced my Vredestein fronts. Local indy trike shop mounted/balanced my rear tire.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I did a ride in, ride out to get fronts mounted at my go to car tire store. The rear, I will remove and take in.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Like Troop, I removed my own tires/rims and took them into a local tire shop. Made sure they had a small enough cone to balance tires with. They mounted and balanced my new Vredestein tires, one took no weight, the other only an ounce! Really does improve the smoothness of the ride. Never have had any issues with pulling even with the Kenda originals! Put 18lbs in the tires! Good luck, any tire dealer should be able to assist you!