Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Its Easy Fix and Its there for All RYKER owners :(

Hi guys, I am opening a rental and Tour agency in Slovakia - Europe and I try to take the best possible care for my RYKERs.
    here is the issue with overflow hose we all have on our Can-Am RYKERs

You can always find out more on my official page that is the Largest Vlog about Can-Am On-road vehicles
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com - CLICK here

Link to the Hose Extension Kit - click here
    https://www.martinthevlogger.com/product-page/canam-ryker-fuel-overflow-extension-hose-kit

Spyder Garage

With all due respect, I don’t understand fixing problems that don’t really exist. I guess it’s a money maker for the guy who throws the hose and fitting into a “kit”.

When carefully fueling this is a non-issue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE View Post
    With all due respect, I don’t understand fixing problems that don’t really exist. I guess it’s a money maker for the guy who throws the hose and fitting into a “kit”.

I feel the same. I've never overfilled any motorcycle fuel tank.

It's all clickbait to buy.
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

A brass barb and a section of hose is going to be about $2 at any hardware store, if you really feel the need.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    A brass barb and a section of hose is going to be about $2 at any hardware store, if you really feel the need.
    Very good point.That is exactly what I would do.

Spyder Garage

He is asking $51 and change including shipping.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Ryker Rydes is getting $30 for hers.
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

C'mon guys, there's obviously some Ryker Owners out there who are concerned about the potential for fuel over-flow or spillage running down the front of their Ryker, so there's just as obviously a call for some sort of a solution to what is arguably a poorly placed drain outlet. . Sure, those who are that way inclined &/or capable may be able to come up with a cheaper/DIY fix, and we appreciate you posting those (in the DIY section ) but many members aren't that way inclined and Martin believes there are enough of them out there that he has provided a relatively easy solution for those owners - if no-one thinks it's a good idea, then no-one will buy it, will they?!? And that's his concern & business decision, not yours!

In the meantime, if you don't like it or think you could do better, you can comment (politely ); you can even post your own DIY thread if you like; but you don't need to slag off at anyone else's solution, and certainly not at one of our Sponsors!

So please, post politely & on topic. And if you can't do that, then it's probably smarter not to post at all!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-02-2022 at 11:53 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

For me in Europe its an issue,. we have different guns on petrol stations - shell use different set up, OMV use other set up, and you can do whatever on few stations it will just go over and you are done.. how many times i was sprayed with gas i dont count.. also many ppl do it the same way and they are not careful so yes, i think its real problem that is done super wrongly.
    and also i have to admin its a good reason for making fixing kit and make money.

but its same as with weak springs, bad stock seat, and you can name it

Quote Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE View Post

Spyder Garage

I copy my answer that i wrote to TIMEMACHINE and I will add.
    We are all different, you take maybe a good care of your bYke, some maybe dont, some clean their bYkes, some dont... some people are less careful and they do overfill gastanks some ppl are more careful....

For me in Europe its an issue,. we have different guns on petrol stations - shell use different set up, OMV use other set up, and you can do whatever on few stations it will just go over and you are done.. how many times i was sprayed with gas i dont count.. also many ppl do it the same way and they are not careful so yes, i think its real problem that is done super wrongly.
    and also i have to admin its a good reason for making fixing kit and make money.

but its same as with weak springs, bad stock seat, and you can name it

Quote Originally Posted by KnurledNut View Post
    I feel the same. I've never overfilled any motorcycle fuel tank.

It's all clickbait to buy.

Spyder Garage

Yes, same as with LED strips,.. always doing it on your own is much cheaper,. well, when you are skilled
    always you need to understand the cost of production, cost of promotions, cost of making videos and time consumption, cost of packaging, cost and time of going to post office and ship it...and top it up with that you dont want to do it for free.

what i usually say, try to make a product and pack it, ship it to our friend and then ask youself for how much would you like to sell it for

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Not sure where you got 51 USD buddy from. exchange rate is 1,12 EUR to USD so it may be 41 USD..
    I ask 36,95 for it in EUR. also please consider I am European shop, you can find these in USA from BLR tuning for 30 USD. I respect to original producer so I will never copy even i know i can do it for about 3 EUR plus my time,
    I NEVER COPY ideas,. does not matter if it is 20 or 500 eur idea when it is done good.
    If i have doubts, i come with my own solutions that must be unique at something.
    this is all done great, so no need of invention.!!!

also I buy from USA not from China... many people are hateful when you sell from china,. But when I buy from USA for higher costs, then many ppl like to throw A-bombs that its expensive.. its hilarious.. pick a side guys..

and i buy it for about 22 Eur to have it on the shop. rest its my profit. - honestly... ask yourself who would ever tell you absolute truth.
    this is not hate, its explanation.

also many ppl dont buy just one thing, many ppl can buy more things, so shipping would be not for one item only.
    also many ppl do subscribe to my website and have better deals

Spyder Garage

Yes, its Beth and she works with the Bill from BLR that i have it for...you guys are in USA I am based in EUROPE.
    i need to add Customs, shipping, VAT/ Tax to the price..
    i like to support USA manufacturers not china one.

m.

Spyder Garage

Hi Peter, thanx buddy for holding my back, but its all fine.
    I understand that ppl are bit angry about the price, but i have explained it in few comments.
    everybody is free to comment, to grill me a bit, to say i dont like it, and also to say i like it.. all good down here..

1 - I am from Europe - my shop is in Europe,. somethimes I can "hide" trasport and custom fees on some products, sometimes I can not
    2 - I will always pay to USA manufacturer rather then to support some chinees one - with all respect to chinees ppl.
    3 - I will never copy and idea of a producer if i dont have anyting to add to it, oif make it unique.. This is final and great product!!. its BLR Tunning,. he gave me price, I respect that, I need to top it up with costs and with some profit.

Again, not for a second I am angry.
    I respect all comments, I respect all bit of anger.

Same with LED lights i like to compare this business to.
    Ppl are charging 150 USD for strips,. if you do a bit of research, and you are bit skilful, you can have it for 20$ and you can blink like a Xmass tree at NYC.

respect to everyone
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    C'mon guys, there's obviously some Ryker Owners out there who are concerned about the potential for fuel over-flow or spillage running down the front of their Ryker, so there's just as obviously a call for some sort of a solution to what is arguably a poorly placed drain outlet. . Sure, those who are that way inclined &/or capable may be able to come up with a cheaper/DIY fix, and we appreciate you posting those (in the DIY section ) but many members aren't that way inclined and Martin believes there are enough of them out there that he has provided a relatively easy solution for those owners - if no-one thinks it's a good idea, then no-one will buy it, will they?!? And that's his concern & business decision, not yours!

In the meantime, if you don't like it or think you could do better, you can comment (politely ); you can even post your own DIY thread if you like; but you don't need to slag off at anyone else's solution, and certainly not at one of our Sponsors!

So please, post politely & on topic. And if you can't do that, then it's probably smarter not to post at all!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    Very good point.That is exactly what I would do.
    Just find a good tube. i have seen ppl doing it with fishtank tubes and tape.. do it as on the picture on my store please.
    feel free to do you own,. its good that by viewwing this video, by commenting ppl are fixing this issue.
    m.

Spyder Garage

Guys, we are in Europe, we have to pay Shipping, VAT, Customs ... it's not easy

If it were not for shops like MTV we would have no access to some of the goodies you guys get stateside.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Yes, same as with LED strips,.. always doing it on your own is much cheaper,. well, when you are skilled
    always you need to understand the cost of production, cost of promotions, cost of making videos and time consumption, cost of packaging, cost and time of going to post office and ship it...and top it up with that you dont want to do it for free.

what i usually say, try to make a product and pack it, ship it to our friend and then ask youself for how much would you like to sell it for
    In the case of your "kit", very little "skill" is required. To install your "kit", you need to push the brass barb onto the tubing on the Ryker. To install a DIY "kit", you need to do the same, twice. "Skill"?

I am very familiar with producing, marketing, and selling "kits". I have done so for several automotive specialty products, and currently I am selling this one: https://carveshop.com/electronics/
    In my case, it does take electronic assembly skills to build the "kit", that not everyone has. A barb and a hose, not so much.

In the US we do not need to go to the Post Office - we can print postage at home and have the letter carrier pick up packages at our mailbox or door. And the Post Office provides free shipping material. But the point is not the cost of marketing, packaging, shipping, etc. It is all about the cost and complexity of the "fix" itself. Compare the complexity and cost of my electronics "kit" vs your Ryker "kit" to see what I mean.

If you are finding buyers for your "kit", more power to you. All the best.

Spyder Garage

I fixed mine with some parts lying around. Cost was $ 00. If the fuel does come out it goes on the front a-arm so just to be safe I ran the hose down under the chassis--works for me.

Good mod

Spyder Garage

my friend, how is the back seat??? have you received it already?

Quote Originally Posted by NullMind View Post
    Guys, we are in Europe, we have to pay Shipping, VAT, Customs ... it's not easy

If it were not for shops like MTV we would have no access to some of the goodies you guys get stateside.

Spyder Garage

Ohh lord,.. okie buddy, thanx for explanation...
    "skill" - not everybody knows what to buy, where to buy it,.. this is what i have ment,. Not everybody is like you think, that its normal to go to shop, ask for tube, ask for connector ask for zip t...
    anyway... thank you for comments.

In the case of your "kit", very little "skill" is required. To install your "kit", you need to push the brass barb onto the tubing on the Ryker. To install a DIY "kit", you need to do the same, twice. "Skill"?

I am very familiar with producing, marketing, and selling "kits". I have done so for several automotive specialty products, and currently I am selling this one: https://carveshop.com/electronics/
    In my case, it does take electronic assembly skills to build the "kit", that not everyone has. A barb and a hose, not so much.

In the US we do not need to go to the Post Office - we can print postage at home and have the letter carrier pick up packages at our mailbox or door. And the Post Office provides free shipping material. But the point is not the cost of marketing, packaging, shipping, etc. It is all about the cost and complexity of the "fix" itself. Compare the complexity and cost of my electronics "kit" vs your Ryker "kit" to see what I mean.

If you are finding buyers for your "kit", more power to you. All the best.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by foolofsand View Post
    I fixed mine with some parts lying around. Cost was $ 00. If the fuel does come out it goes on the front a-arm so just to be safe I ran the hose down under the chassis--works for me.

Good mod

great!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    my friend, how is the back seat??? have you received it already?
    Backseat has gone in finally, driver's seat should be here this week .. whoohoo !! .. thanks man !

Spyder Garage

NullMind - Which backset did you get - just curious