Spyder Garage

Spyder Looking for harness to install CB from my 1st to 2nd Spyder?

HI....

I'm looking to see if anyone can find me part number 710002004 which is a wire harness that I need to install my CB from my 1st spyder on to my 2nd spyder.

I've tried this site... but they don't seem to stock them anymore.

I'm in Ontario Canada.... any ideas of where I could find one?

Spyder Garage

sent you a PM with the link to what I believe your looking for. Nathan in Yakima WA

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderweber3 View Post
    HI....

I'm looking to see if anyone can find me part number 710002004 which is a wire harness that I need to install my CB from my 1st spyder on to my 2nd spyder.

I've tried this site... but they don't seem to stock them anymore.

I'm in Ontario Canada.... any ideas of where I could find one?
    What year Spyder is the old and new? That harness was changed in 2014, I think, from a short one about 18" long to one about 30" long with a change in the end connector from male to female, or vice versa. I see one of the part number above on eBay.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Spyderweber3, you need to go back to square one!

1 - What entertainment harness are you using? Did you take the one off your old RT, or buy a new one? It was changed in 2014, I think. The old one connected into the factory harness under the left side of the passenger seat. The headset harness connected into the factory harness on the left side below the console. The new one does not connect into the factory harness and the driver headset harness plugs into it under the passenger seat.

2 - If you are reusing the old entertainment harness you still need the new headset harness, part # 710003387. The one above is the old one and will not reach back to under the passenger seat. The new headset harness has the same gender connector on it that is on the old entertainment harness, IIRC.

I moved my CB from my 2013 RT to my 2014 RT. I don't remember for sure what I did. I either made a gender changer connector to connect the new headset harness to the old entertainment harness, or I got a new entertainment harness. I think I did the latter since it would have been a pain to remove the entertainment harness from the 2013. I'm not anxious to remove tupperware to see exactly what I have for harnesses on my 2014, but if you really are stuck I can do it. One thing I know for sure is I have the old headset harness, which is the part number you have above, in my box of old parts. If your new RT is 2014 or newer then the part number above IS NOT the one you want!

Another thing, there was a CB mounting update kit that changed the orientation of the CB from horizontal to vertical. It includes a couple of mount plates and short connector harnesses. The part # is 219400617.

Get back as soon as you can so we can get you going in the right direction!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Standard Wire Harness used for CB installation Question

I am looking to reinstall my cb from my 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS on to my "new to me" 2015 Can Am Spyder RTS and I am wondering if the wire harness in the attached picture comes as a standard plug on the bike or is it a part that I must order to install the BRP CB. The one picture shows my CB, and the other picture shows the harness that I'm asking about. I find that the exploded parts diagram for these models don't accurately show whether this is a standard cable or not. This wire harness is found at the rear of the bike underneath the seat area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

What you are calling the standard harness is really called the entertainment harness. It is an optional item, not factory installed. The one you want is part # 219400610. The earlier version of it is P/N 219400534 which should work. I don't know what the difference is between them. The original entertainment harness is P/N 219400201. That one you do not want. It's the one that would have been on your 2011 RT and connected into the factory rear cargo harness.

As I mentioned in your earlier thread you need the driver headset harness P/N 710003387 to connect to the entertainment harness. The driver headset P/N 710002004 is the one you had on your 2011 RT and will not work with the newer entertainment harness.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

A good resource for needed part numbers are the installation instructions for Spyder components. You'll find them at https://instructions.brp.com/e-instruction.html#tab=2. You just have to figure out which version you need which can be a challenge sometimes. I wouldn't know about all the P/N above if I hadn't gone through the same thing you're going through now!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I decided to buy a Sena bluetooth 50S instead..... Anybody from Ontario interested in buying it?