Spyder Garage

Default Australia RT mirrors - anyone got part numbers?

I was watching a You Tube video about "differences" between US Spyders and the rest of the world.
    One point he made while showing his 2020 RT was Australia requires the turn signals be changed and his were located in the mirror assembly. I liked that ALOT.
    He says this modification is done by BRP before shipment - if thats so; maybe those mirrors are available to order?
    Anyone know where I can find AUS part numbers as I would like those when my 2022 RT arrives - much better than a string of led lights stuck on.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It looks like the BRP parts catalogs are mucked up. Go to http://epc.brp.com and drill down through the menu choices to the 2021 RT. Select the 2021 RT Special series, built after September 2020, and then go down the list to Console - Australia. In that diagram you can find the rear view mirror trim and flasher unit. Copy the part numbers and go to Cheapcycleparts.com and search for the numbers. You have to get two parts for each mirror, the trim and flasher. It looks like they will set you back about $234 for each side. You may want to rethink doing that if $$ are a concern! I can't tell from the website if they are even actually available from Cheapcycleparts.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I didn't dig through the parts diagrams to see if the wiring harness for the console is the same for all countries or not. There may or may not be connectors already available into which you would plug the flashers. The best way to check is to get the service manual, www.canammanuals.com, and look at the wiring diagram. It should show the connectors and will note if they are Australia only.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Have you considered this as an option from Lamonster Garage:
    https://www.lamonstergarage.com/ambe...pyder-rt-2020/

2021-06-02_06-17-16__03090.1622632781.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i am installing them on mine now

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I have looked at those and am considering all options - but a BRP factory mirror housing with an actually inset and built for turn signal unit still appeals to me more than a piece attached by sticky tape. But admittedly - sticky tape and velcro seem to be the method of choice for 90% of the Spyder accessories.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDan View Post
    I have looked at those and am considering all options - but a BRP factory mirror housing with an actually inset and built for turn signal unit still appeals to me more than a piece attached by sticky tape. But admittedly - sticky tape and velcro seem to be the method of choice for 90% of the Spyder accessories.
    Cost and ease of installation are overwhelming considerations for almost all owners!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

One other thing I did not check out is if the main mirror component is different for Oz in order to attach the the flasher unit. My guess would be no, but best to make sure.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Show Chrome turn signals

I have these and I highly recommend them. they look factory when installed and are very bright. I considered the BRP mirrors and lights, but the cost wasnt worth it and would require custom wiring anyway.
    2021-06-02_06-17-16__03090.1622632781.jpg
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 12-31-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

did you run wire to front fenders

Spyder Garage

I got the link for this video from the forum. I can't find the post now and actually had to go back through hundreds of videos I have watched to get the link from my YouTube history. The video is very short and doesn't explain anything other than to show he had done it. You may be able to leave a comment to get more information. I considered these but won't run anything but a switchback (or dual led's) in front. White drl's and yellow turns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjr4I-SOIL4
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

From the quoted video link:

Screenshot 2022-01-02 060130.jpg
    I agree, I like the look of it best, but, at close to $500, it's a bit pricey.
    Here are all the part numbers. The catalog says available.

Here's a link:
    https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...p/sales/parts/

Catalog.jpg

There is a reference to the Electrical harness "Except Australia". There may be some electrical connector(s) that you'll need that I haven't identified.

Screenshot 2022-01-02 062644.jpg

By comparison, I bought SpyderPops vision kit. This had the advantage of also lighting up the side fender markers and rear bag markers. All the Vision Kit LEDs act as running lights and turn signals.
    I've posted this previously, the photo is from my old garage. I installed the string LEDs on the front of the mirrors instead of the back. The 2020 display clearly shows the turn signal arrow, unlike previous years. As I said before, I'm considering replacing the mirror LED's with the ones from Lamonster.

Here's a shot of the lights in real life conditions from SpyderQuest 2020:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 01-02-2022 at 06:27 AM.
    IBA #47122

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is an option see the Video Ref installation

https://youtu.be/LQntkNUJTFc
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Thank you to everyone. I sincerely appreciate the answers and effort. I am a high participating contributor on another forum (cowboy action shooting) and I am always amazed at the amount of work and research forum users will do on behalf of a stranger who just happens to have a common interest.

Hopefully, I will reach a point on this one and our common topic to contribute as well.
    As for now - thank you to everyone who have patiently answered my questions and responded to my inquiries.

Hope to see you on the road soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Turn signalling can be complicated

Frogman -- I don't think gmctech's amber turn/white marker flash combination is legal. Turn lamps must be amber. And I think if you have a second turn signal lamp, they both must flash synchronously. There's conspicuity and then there's confusion -- colors and timing must be consistent.

If you notice today's LED lights, when the turn signal is activated, the white marker is extinguished and only the amber turn signal is illuminated. That's probably because they are co-located with the marker lamp remaining illuminated if it was further distant from the turn lamp. The rules are complicated.

I'm building the following for my 2014 RT-S:

Engine-Running: Amber (3,500K) LED fog lamps ON
    Turn Signal Active: On-Side fog lamp flashes synchronously with mirror's turn lamp; Off-Side fog lamp extinguished

After viewing gmctech's video (thanks for sharing that) I'm now thinking of extinguishing the On-Side marker lamp as well.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

As promised, I changed my mirror running light/turn signals from the strip led to the ones from Lamonster Garage.

IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDan View Post
    I installed these last year. they are quite nice, bright and easy to install. They look factory and put the turn signals higher and wider - they make a difference.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black