Spyder Garage

Default MPG oddity on 2021 RTL

The strangest thing happened to me this last week. I filled up my gas tank and reset both Trip 1 and Trip 2 back to zero. As I rode for the next 100 miles, Trip 2 was accurately reporting miles driven and approximate MPG. Trip 1 on the other hand was completely crazy. It started out saying I was getting 3 - 4 MPG. Then after over 100 miles, it made its way up to 7.4 MPG. Obviously that was way incorrect. Trip 2 was reading 31 MPG which is about right. I have 3500 miles on my Spyder and this is the first time I have seen the trip counter do this. Has anyone else experienced this oddity? I will reset it on my next fill up and see if it does it again.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2020 RT LTD and it will from time to time take its sweet time resetting back to zero, or better put reading from zero after a fill up. Put your exact symptoms no.
    Chaplain "Hardcase" Mike
    Mission M25; Run For The Wall
    We ride for those who Can't
    Never Forgotten

2020 RT Limited Dark
    Baja Ron
    Short Reach Bars
    Comfort Seat w/Back Rest
    Passenger Arm Rest
    Lamonster Cuff With Drink Holder
    Garmin Zumo XT With Mont
    Spyder Pops Lighting
    Emergency Strobes
    CB Radio

2020 RT LIMITED (Dark) , Caulk White

Spyder Garage

I had this happen one time on my 2020 RTL. Only difference I can remember in my routine is that I reset both meters BEFORE turning off the ignition after pulling into the gas pump. Normally I fill up, then turn on the ignition and reset. Never had the issue again (knock on wood).
    2020 Spyder RTL

Enjoy life today
    Yesterday is gone
    Tomorrow may never come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ColoRider View Post
    I had this happen one time on my 2020 RTL. Only difference I can remember in my routine is that I reset both meters BEFORE turning off the ignition after pulling into the gas pump. Normally I fill up, then turn on the ignition and reset. Never had the issue again (knock on wood).
    That is EXACTLY what I did. I was waiting in line to gas up and thought I might as well reset the trip meters. Let me try next time doing it AFTER I refill.

Spyder Garage

I have noticed this too on my 2021 RTL. It seems that the trip screen that is active gets the calculations and the others do not. I noticed that if I ride with Trip A active it will calculate the numbers but if I leave the Total screen active Trip A has goofy values. I track my mileage using the Fuelly app so I pretty much ignore MPG that is calculated.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    I will reset it on my next fill up and see if it does it again.
    Why not just reset it now. See if it fixes itself.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Why not just reset it now. See if it fixes itself.
    Because my OCD won't let me reset a trip odometer half way through a tank. LOL

Spyder Garage

I found that if I fill up then start the engine and wait until the phone connects and the radio starts I can reset the trip meter and the mpg reading seems to work properly

Spyder Garage

No problems with my 2021 RTLtd. I just stop, fill up with gas, pull to the side of the station to get out of other people's way, then reset Trip A and Trip B to zero.
    I have double-checked my mpg with the hand calculator against what the Spyder is telling me the mpg was ... sometimes might be 1 mile difference but usually the same.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...