Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ordered a 2022 F3-L - Can the rear trunk be removed?

I have a 2022 F3-L ordered due to arrive in Feb. My question is
    Can the rear trunk be removed for a sporty look around town?
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes, it can be removed. But you might have to purchase the cover to go with the link system. Congratulations on your new purchase.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I have not seen the 2022 but there was a really good video on YouTube but has been locked for previous years. Here is an ok video how to remove the truck for F3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ihJHPQTbM. This was how it was I am guessing it has not changed.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

2020 and up should have the removable trunk via the LinQ system. There is a dress up piece to cover where the trunk was. Not sure if they are color matched or just black. The black will look just fine, IMO of course.

PS: I do like the sporty (no rear trunk) look for around town. Been to lazy to do it for either of mine though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

This post content has been removed as it was incorrect advice. D’Oh.
    Last edited by Peteoz; 12-31-2021 at 03:22 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Your post says you ordered an F3L. Most of the above responses are for RT's. If the 2022 F3 stays the same as the 2021 the answer is no. The topcase can be released to access the area underneath, but there is no provision for a cover. Also, the radio antenna wire to the front and a large ground wire are more or less permanent.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Your post says you ordered an F3L. Most of the above responses are for RT's. If the 2022 F3 stays the same as the 2021 the answer is no. The topcase can be released to access the area underneath, but there is no provision for a cover. Also, the radio antenna wire to the front and a large ground wire are more or less permanent.
    Ooooopsie. Thanks Jetfixer……not sure how I missed that it was an F3-L, but I obviously did. . I’ll delete the content in my post.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

It removes. You can buy the F3T cowl and antenna assembly. Look on the left side, above the saddlebag. There is an area that resembles a “U”. That is where the F3T antenna mounts. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    It removes. You can buy the F3T cowl and antenna assembly. Look on the left side, above the saddlebag. There is an area that resembles a “U”. That is where the F3T antenna mounts. Joe
    Keep in mind that the 2016 F3L did not even have a trunk. But just like the F3T, the trunk could be added. If you want to add a trunk to the newer F3T, i am thinking you will have to add a 2018 or older trunk, which does not require the linq system.

Spyder Garage

Yes folks. It did say F3-L. I should have caught it too. I have two of them.

Did not know there was not a cover for the F3-L package. My information also was based on what I know about the RT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It's been talked about on here, but as far as i know nobody has done it. I'm waiting for someone to do it and post what's involved, Part numbers, etc. I'm sure there must be some clips or something to fasten it. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-07-2023 at 05:49 AM. Reason: spaces, so 'text to voice' s/ware will read it! ;-)
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

I recently watched a video on you tube that showed an 2021 F3L top case being removed and a back fairing being added. I will look for it later today.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    I recently watched a video on you tube that showed an 2021 F3L top case being removed and a back fairing being added. I will look for it later today.
    It can definitely be done. For me, that cover for the rear would be the one item that I would negotiate with the dealership on including in the sale. I say that only because I know I would be wanting to ride without the trunk quite a bit. I would try the same thing with the 2020 and newer RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Keep in mind that the 2016 F3L did not even have a trunk. But just like the F3T, the trunk could be added. If you want to add a trunk to the newer F3T, i am thinking you will have to add a 2018 or older trunk, which does not require the linq system.
    I’m not sure I have read your email correctly, blacklightning, but the 20 and newer F3-L uses the LinQ system, so 20 and newer trunks should slot straight on (you mention an “older” than 2018 trunk, which is where I may have misinterpreted your comment)

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    ok thanks, still no one on here has done it, ive seen videos of removing the truck, but none for the removal and install of a 2020 and newer.. to cover the back after removal.
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

i have the same thoughts with my 2021 F3L, however i have not been able to find the fairing cover, not even through my dealer. I don't get it as you would think it's the same piece that's on the F3T...???
    2021 Limited , Lava Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird View Post
    i have the same thoughts with my 2021 F3L, however i have not been able to find the fairing cover, not even through my dealer. I don't get it as you would think it's the same piece that's on the F3T...???
    I have a 2021 F3T. I put a BRP trunk on my bike... I took off the rear cover and it sits in my garage... I don't plan on taking off my trunk... I don't think it would fit by just taking off the trunk. I had to put on a bracket which came with the trunk... If I remove the four bolts on the bracket that the LinQ system sits on then the rear cover off the F3T fits. I would think that the same would apply to the F3L but I'm not sure.
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbird View Post
    Does the ‘20+ F3-T actually come with the LinQ system under that back cover, Jbird? If it doesn’t, the design of the T and the L rear covers may, by necessity, be different

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-03-2022 at 06:39 PM. Reason: R3-T = F3-T?? ;-)
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    I'm surprised you, or anyone else who has responded, hasn't cited the 2022 Operator's Guide, https://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/...?idGuide=10990. Instructions for removing the top case are provided on page 40.

On the BRP website for LinQ accessories there is this rack that will go in the place of the top case if you want. https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...case-rack.html. I don't find any info on a decorative panel to put in the place of the top case. Although, the implication from the description of the rack is that the RT panel may fit. The LinQ system appears to be the same for the F3 and RT and is a universal accessory mounting system. It is used across the board on BRP recreational vehicles, as well as other brands. With a deep search all over the place you may find a cover or panel that will blend well with the F3 when the top case is off.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 01-04-2023 at 10:22 AM. Reason: correct page #

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I'm surprised you, or anyone else who has responded, hasn't cited the 2022 Operator's Guide, https://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/...?idGuide=10990. Instructions for removing the top case are provided on page 50.

On the BRP website for LinQ accessories there is this rack that will go in the place of the top case if you want. https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...case-rack.html. I don't find any info on a decorative panel to put in the place of the top case. Although, the implication from the description of the rack is that the RT panel may fit. The LinQ system appears to be the same for the F3 and RT and is a universal accessory mounting system. It is used across the board on BRP recreational vehicles, as well as other brands. With a deep search all over the place you may find a cover or panel that will blend well with the F3 when the top case is off.
    That rack gets mounted on top on the top case, not after the top case is removed!? A cover is needed with some way to mount it after the top case is removed.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-07-2023 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    That rack gets mounted on top on the top case, not after the top case is removed!? A cover is needed with some way to mount it after the top case is removed.
    Looks like I got it wrong! Those BRP accessory descriptions sure could be expanded for additional clarity!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-07-2023 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I'm surprised you, or anyone else who has responded, hasn't cited the 2022 Operator's Guide, https://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/...?idGuide=10990. Instructions for removing the top case are provided on page 50.

On the BRP website for LinQ accessories there is this rack that will go in the place of the top case if you want. https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...case-rack.html. I don't find any info on a decorative panel to put in the place of the top case. Although, the implication from the description of the rack is that the RT panel may fit.
    The panel that goes on the 2020 RT Limited and up is wider than the one on the F3 series. The previous year F3 Limited (2017-2019 (I think), had bolts and brackets that had to be removed. Lamont put a rear trunk on Joane's 2016 F3 special series (also known as a limited). I do not know for certain that the linq set up exist for the removal and install of the 2020 and up, but I am sure the older version cover from an F3T would fit, if the linq hardware isn't in the way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    This is what I was told from BRP.

"Yes the rear storage compartment can be removed. Not as easy than the RT though. You will have to relocate the antenna and order the rear fender cover same installed on the F3-T, not a big deal"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This is what I was told from BRP.

"Yes the rear storage compartment can be removed. Not as easy than the RT though. You will have to relocate the antenna and order the rear fender cover same installed on the F3-T, not a big deal"
    Aha……and there it is…..straight from the horse’s mouth…….not that you have a head like a horse of course, Lamont …. Thank you.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

See post 8. I spent 6 weeks with a 2022 in Florida. Took apart what I could, time permitting. It fits. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system