Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    RICZ....that link appears to have expired
    No good deed goes unpunshed.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nightcruiser View Post
    660 without the mount
    nightcruiser...You have a PM...Yes I will purchase your 660...How do you want paid??? My contact information is in the PM...Thanks, larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yardageman View Post
    I bought a used 660 and it works great. Going to use it in Europe this summer on my RT
    How are you getting your RT to Europe?

Spyder Garage

My 660LM has be fine for YEARS. Made a plastic shade for it too. I might have an extra mount---- I'll look later today.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I love my 590, I'm just surprised nobody has come on and told you to just use your phone.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-03-2022 at 01:23 PM. Reason: 590,space-I'm ..... :p
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    I love my 590, I'm just surprised nobody has come on and told you to just use your phone.
    1st post was quite clear.

Looking at buying Garmin Zumo 660, 590, or XT

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    Looking to purchase any of these three...Looking for a bargain...larryd
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-03-2022 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes display
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

How old is the unit itself?

Spyder Garage

Hello ThreeWheels,

Your post is the one I've been looking for - a rider who has had the Zumo 500, 660, 590, and the XT. I've got a 660 (that came standard with my 2014 RTL) that is similar to the Zumo 550 I used on my Goldwing while I was still on 2-wheels. I was hoping the 660 would allow me to read the screen in the bright summer sun, but it's not really any better. From the posts I'm seeing, the XT is truly readable in bright sun. Are you seeing that? This is question #1

One other thing - my Honda CR-V 4-wheeler has a factory Garmin unit that is practically useless. It requires pairing with a smart phone that has some sort of Honda app installed in order to search for points of interest. I have to use WAZE or put my Zumo 660 in the car to navigate, the Honda factory Garmin unit is so poor. I'm telling this sad story to inquire "does the Zumo XT require connection to a smart phone in order to do its full search and points-of-interest locating?". I'm researching the XT and I definitely need a unit that does NOT have to talk to a smart phone. A couple of years ago I did some Spyder riding in southern Utah. There I rode on lots of roads where my phone had zero connection, and therefore phone navigation apps were useless. A satellite GPS, on the other hand, was as good there as it is in my Georgia home area. This is question #2

Regard, PatrickH
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-30-2022 at 08:02 PM. Reason: ZT - XT ;-)
    2014 Spyder RT LTD silver, Corbin saddle w/backrest & gas filler door, 4" stubby antenna, dual USB charging receptacle on dash, handlebar "cuff" attachment point for RAM phone mount, Diamond-R trunk-top level luggage rack, magic mirrors, Bestem saddle bag liners & Hopnel trunk bag (2-piece set), SpyderPops bumpskid (not lighted), highway foot rests; rear tire General Altimax 215/60/15, Baker Wind Wings, LED Headlights, RT Series 2010-2019 Rear Trunk Holder

Spyder Garage

Gees, all these high priced GPS.. I have a Drive smart 71 that has a 7" screen that can be seen! If I could find a 8" cheap GPS I'd use it.
    I paid $99 and after 5000 miles, it still works fine and can be seen by these old eyes even in bright sunlight. I put a zip lock bag over it when it rains and after the last hard rain up in Wyoming, it didn't get wet.
    I made a polycarbonate bracket that slides into the slots in the fairing and used good ziplock to hold it to the bracket. I'll post a picture as soon as I can figure out the right orientation and if anyone is interested.
    Adj removable backrest, KOTT radiator screens
    Double horn (118db), Lamonster mirror fix
    tender plug in, luggage liner/bags, FOBO 2
    Drinks2go cup holder, replaced the seat strut
    Garmin DriveSmart 71 GPS, Garmin BC 30 backup camera.
    White pulley, Pedal Commander
    Laminar Lip- looks fonky but works.
    J&M 2003 CB installed
    Home made belt guard
    7x12 enclosed trailer

2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic

Skip H.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SkipH View Post
    Gees, all these high priced GPS.. I have a Drive smart 71 that has a 7" screen that can be seen! If I could find a 8" cheap GPS I'd use it.
    I paid $99 and after 5000 miles, it still works fine and can be seen by these old eyes even in bright sunlight. I put a zip lock bag over it when it rains and after the last hard rain up in Wyoming, it didn't get wet.
    I made a polycarbonate bracket that slides into the slots in the fairing and used good ziplock to hold it to the bracket. I'll post a picture as soon as I can figure out the right orientation and if anyone is interested.
    SkipH, thanks for the info. Is your Drive Smart bright enough to see clearly in bright sunlight?
    PatrickH
    2014 Spyder RT LTD silver, Corbin saddle w/backrest & gas filler door, 4" stubby antenna, dual USB charging receptacle on dash, handlebar "cuff" attachment point for RAM phone mount, Diamond-R trunk-top level luggage rack, magic mirrors, Bestem saddle bag liners & Hopnel trunk bag (2-piece set), SpyderPops bumpskid (not lighted), highway foot rests; rear tire General Altimax 215/60/15, Baker Wind Wings, LED Headlights, RT Series 2010-2019 Rear Trunk Holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SkipH View Post
    I was looking in this same direction !! Seems a heck of a lot cheaper and bigger screen options !
    2022 Spyder RTL