Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default A brown christmas ?????

Last week things were looking Extremely bleak for having a White Christmas and I was predicting my area Vermont would have a Brown one ..... Well I'm very glad to report I was WRONG .... a few days ago it snowed about 6 inches and it remained cold enough to stay, although Christmas day we had quite a bit of freezing rain ..... it remained white ..... So I'm hoping everyone here enjoyed Christmas ( snow or not ) and wishing all a Happy and Safe New Year ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep, I know what you mean about a brown Xmas. It makes for a rough landing and takeoff for Santa.

Spyder Garage

Brown Christmas in southern WI, at least the temps were in the lower 40*s.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We're getting almost as much ice as snow.

Spyder Garage

We broke two records here in southern Ohio on Christmas day. The high temperature and the rainfall total. About as far from a white Christmas as we could get, but we had family and a nice dinner and we were all healthy and ornery. Pretty great Christmas I would say.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Last week things were looking Extremely bleak for having a White Christmas
    Hi Mike.. I'm not a big fan of snow. I like looking at it up in the mountains when I'm miles and miles and miles away down on the flats. Some how I managed to end up in the wrong part of the country and now I'm too old and grumpy to move.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

We had snow on the ground in NW Iowa when we headed for Seattle on the 12th. Had snow in Utah and in the Snoqualmie Pass on the way there. Then more snow on the way back in Utah. Got home and all the snow was gone when we got home the 25th.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

When I saw the snow predicted for VT, my thoughts immediately headed your way. Hope you can get a lot of skiing in this year.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're welcome to our winter snow if we can have your summer rain!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    When I saw the snow predicted for VT, my thoughts immediately headed your way. Hope you can get a lot of skiing in this year.
    Thanks .... so far only 14 days skiing this season ....they delayed opening about a week, and there's been almost NO natural snow so far ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks .... so far only 14 days skiing this season ....they delayed opening about a week, and there's been almost NO natural snow so far ..... Mike
    Here in Northern and central mexifornia in the Sierra Nevada mountain range, they've issued an avalanche warning for potential 10' snow accumulation in one storm. They overshoot their severe weather predictions close to 99% of the time. They even went so far as to say that our season total snowpack is already 100%. Sad to admit but I've been here longer than most all these meteorologists have been alive and I'm fairly sure they ain't seen nothin yet. Years past secondary state highways over 6/7k foot passes remained one lane only because they couldn't get rid of the snow fast enough. You couldn't see over the snowbanks from the seat of a 10 wheeler. Ski season had to close in March/April in many areas because of the lack of customers, but they had the snow. Your turns coming BK, just hang in there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Here in Northern and central mexifornia in the Sierra Nevada mountain range, they've issued an avalanche warning for potential 10' snow accumulation in one storm. They overshoot their severe weather predictions close to 99% of the time. They even went so far as to say that our season total snowpack is already 100%. Sad to admit but I've been here longer than most all these meteorologists have been alive and I'm fairly sure they ain't seen nothin yet. Years past secondary state highways over 6/7k foot passes remained one lane only because they couldn't get rid of the snow fast enough. You couldn't see over the snowbanks from the seat of a 10 wheeler. Ski season had to close in March/April in many areas because of the lack of customers, but they had the snow. Your turns coming BK, just hang in there.
    Thanks and praise the Lord you get that snow ..... because water ( ie. melted snow ) runs downhill ..... and Calif. needs water .....Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-26-2021 at 11:05 PM.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Brown Christmas

Well Indiana has been very wet (3+ inches) of rain in the Last 4 days. Standing water all over the yard.
    The wild life are loving it.

I am glad it wasn't Snow. I enjoy the Snow but only about 1" of snow at a time.
    So far it has been to warm, but that will change in January

Have yourself a great Day. ...
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Just got 2.5" of snow over night. Missed a white Christmas by 48 hours

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I'm a little bit envious. Once upon a time I was an avid skier and loved seeing snow on the way, but now that Arthur-itis is more in control of my hips & knees, that's a thing of the past. We are about 5 hours from very good snow and skiing in NE New Mexico so a lot of my winters were spent making multiple trips to Taos, Angel Fire, Red River and occasionally Wolf Creek, Colorado with the highest average snowfall annually.

Unfortunately for us near Amarillo, we have now gone 76 days without measurable precipitation.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

I dunno, but this 'brown Christmas' you lot are talking about narrowly missing or otherwise sounds pretty much like EVERY Christmas here in Oz - only not anywhere near so dry, hot, or sunburnt!!

In Oz, we tend to look forward to any Christmas that's only in the 'low 40's' (°C ); or one that doesn't include bushfires or even the occasional cyclone; and Santa doesn't have reindeer pulling his sleigh in this part of the world either, cos they'd expire from the heat & simply cark it if they hadta live & breath all the red dust, so he uses 6 White Boomers instead! And the only 'white' we really wanta see at Christmas time is the frothy head on a beer or the middle of the Pav.....

I guess it all comes down to different perspectives, and maybe you tend to prefer whatever it was that you grew up with...

Regardless, hope you all had a Good Christmas, and that you're looking forward to ushering in the New Year in style! The New Years Celebrations here where I am might be juust a little subdued, cos while it looks like we might be spared a scorcher for New Years Eve - they're only forecasting 38°C, but those temps are coming with gusty N/Westerly winds that mean it's going be an Extreme Fire Danger day, and things'll be even worse on New Years Day!

Have a Safe One, Stay Healthy, and Enjoy the Ryding as & when you can!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!