Thread: Don't Look Up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't Look Up!

We just watched it. Perfect 2021 Chrissmuss Eve movie?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 12-25-2021 at 05:13 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    We just watched it. Perfect Chrissmuss Eve movie?
    I did also ... " National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation " with Chevy Chase ..... I've seen it a couple 100 times. ... JMHO ..... Merry Christmas .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I did my traditional viewing of It's a Wonderful Life. I have a personal connection with that movie as I share the same last name with the characters and I managed a bank most of my adult life..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

We watched A Christmas Story followed by the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol with Reginald Owen. The newer stuff is also very good, but I favor Alistair Simms or Reginald Owen as Ebenezer.

We then watched a Christmas Eve special with Transsiberian Orchestra, and finished off with some religious programming.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We just watched it. Perfect Chrissmuss Eve movie?
    'Don't Look Up' is the name of a new Netflix movie. Not exactly traditional holiday fare like the gems mentioned above, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Seemed like the perfect way to wrap up this absurd year of 2021.

https://www.google.com/search?q=don%...#fpstate=ivlbx
    Last edited by UtahPete; 12-25-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

It's not Christmas until Han Gruber falls from the Nakatomi Tower....... Yes------ " Die Hard"

ya it's a bit violent but so is Yellowstone and 1883----and they are really good.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dont Look Up is a great movie!!! I like that kind of stuff.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

I just got done watching it and thought it was very good. I don’t like Meryl Streep and she got what she deserved.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-01-2022 at 02:46 PM.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Don't Look Up was good. It showed how this tech generation has lost its grounding. Unfortunately, I doubt if anyone in that group got the point.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Did my usual marathon of watching "A Christmas Story" while wrapping presents. I always wait till everyone goes to bed then turn on the movie and watch. I also prefer the 1938 version., tho we did watch Alister Simm this year and George C Scott, my favorite of the new "A Christmas Carol". I also have to watch " Miracle on 34th St.,"It's A Wonderful Life","Holiday Affair", and the 1964 "Rudolf the Red Nose Raindeer". TV can be so fun this time of year.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I just watched 'Don't Look Up' - bloody brilliant!

I wasn't really sure about it, but then I started laughing at the absurdities early on and it just kept on getting better & better! Now my sides hurt; my face hurts; and the credits haven't stopped rolling yet but I gotta go pee.... that's the only way I know I didn't pee my pants earlier laughing so hard!

If you haven't watched it yet, you really gotta!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I watched it for awhile but had to turn it off because it's so accurate describing our government and media, I got mad! I get that it's a spoof but not a long stretch from reality.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

We just watched it. Perfect 2021 Chrissmuss Eve movie?
    Thanks for posting it. Fell sure it has made it into my suggestions before and I just passed over it thinking it would not be for me...wrong Loved the ending.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Thanks for posting it. Fell sure it has made it into my suggestions before and I just passed over it thinking it would not be for me...wrong Loved the ending.
    Yeah - "I must be the last man on earth...... please don't forget to subscribe..."

Yeah, right - like anyone left alive will be just hanging out waiting to see the latest update on his Instagram account... ..... that is, IF there's a still a service provider &/or a cell tower left standing anywhere after that lot!!

They really musta had a lotta fun making it - who can we poke fun at next? Oo Oo, I know, what about...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Wife and I watched this movie last night. We enjoyed it. Wife and I agreed with alot of the above comments of what seems to be important these days. Loved the ending.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I just watched 'Don't Look Up' - bloody brilliant!

I wasn't really sure about it, but then I started laughing at the absurdities early on and it just kept on getting better & better! Now my sides hurt; my face hurts; and the credits haven't stopped rolling yet but I gotta go pee.... that's the only way I know I didn't pee my pants earlier laughing so hard!

If you haven't watched it yet, you really gotta!
    Peter, hope you didn't miss the real ending. Came after the credits had rolled for a while.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Yeah - "I must be the last man on earth...... please don't forget to subscribe..."

Yeah, right - like anyone left alive will be just hanging out waiting to see the latest update on his Instagram account... ..... that is, IF there's a still a service provider &/or a cell tower left standing anywhere after that lot!!

They really musta had a lotta fun making it - who can we poke fun at next? Oo Oo, I know, what about...

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Peter, hope you didn't miss the real ending. Came after the credits had rolled for a while.

Not unless they had even more than that I posted about a couple of hours earlier than you Did something more come on after the screen went black??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-29-2021 at 03:30 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not unless they had even more than that I posted about a couple of hours earlier than you Did something more come on after the screen went black??
    Did you see what happened when the Escape Ship landed on some luxurious planet after 1500 years or so?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Did you see what happened when the Escape Ship landed on some luxurious planet after 1500 years or so?
    At least on the version I watched, the Pres getting killed by that critter (as predicted! ) was somewhat before a bunch of credits & the (apparently??) final shot of Jason crawling out from underneath the rubble left on Earth & then making the comment I quoted above at post #14, all while still busily updating his social media status..... despite all his 'followers' having just been blown to smithereens!

Was there even more??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At least on the version I watched, the Pres getting killed by that critter (as predicted! ) was somewhat before a bunch of credits & the (apparently??) final shot of Jason crawling out from underneath the rubble left on Earth & then making the comment I quoted above at post #14, all while still busily updating his social media status..... despite all his 'followers' having just been blown to smithereens!

Was there even more??
    Not that I am aware of.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Not that I am aware of.

Utah,

I have a question. Peter asked if he missed anything, and you said no. Here's the question- when you view a tv show/movie, do you only get to see it one time thru? I ask b/c I view with an Android tv box, the legality is in question. But, I do a search on what are called add-ons of the title I am looking for and the tv show/movie will come up, and I view it as many times as I want or fast forward if I am looking for something specific, or I can pause it and get back to it at a later date. I take it the movie in question was not on Netflix, based on your response to Peter. Since this movie had such high ratings, I'll view it today, and see if you didn't miss anything.

Forget it Utah,

I just saw that it is on Netflix. So, if there is a question whether there is more to the movie shown after the credits, you can just fast forward and go back thru.

I just went to the end. Meryl Streep is just a little heavy from the backside, but still lovely. Yes Peter, you made it all the way to the end. I didn't watch the whole movie. Jonah was the very, very end.
    Last edited by wyliec; 12-30-2021 at 09:07 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess I should clarify that we missed that very last scene with Jason that Peter A. told us about.
    2014 RTL Platinum