Spyder Garage

Default "Best Way to See a National Park"

I stumbled upon this article and thought I would share:
    https://www.travelandleisure.com/tri...-national-park
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

She discovered something we already knew. Ain't no better way to see scenic locations. The stability of three wheels allows for more rubber necking than when on two. You can stop to soak in a view from the saddle and not have to hold the bike upright. A win-win.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

That is the way to go for sure.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I did Yellowstone the hard way. Rode the RT in a loop from NJ over the Upper Peninsula thru SD attractions, Devil's Tower, etc. last May. Made a similar southern loop on my Trophy SE 2 years ago. I liked the 2-wheeled trip slightly better than the RT. The Trophy was more maneuverable in traffic (lane changes, etc.) and smoother over the long slab runs. The RT was great for parking on soft/sloped terrain (Bison photo ops). Also, in the mountains, the RT is a harder workout than the Trophy.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Having done both, Riding through a national park is the only way to see it. When you drive through a park in a car, it's like watching a National Geographic movie unfold around you. When you ride through a park on 2 or 3 wheels, it's like you are a part of that movie. Smells, sounds and the sun on your face......... you'll never get in a cage. Make sure you are armed with an action camera for a lifetime of memories. Merry Christmas all and prayers that this Covid crap will be eradicated in the New Year.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is another GREAT option...

Smithsonian channel on TV...The Arial American shows are spectacular

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Park Ryde

The only way to fly. ....

Ryde with your Spyder. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

The wife and I are loading the RTL and Ryker Sport into the toy hauler in September and heading to Yosemite and the other parks. Going to as many places as we can with these things.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It would be a smart idea to research the timing of your anticipated visit to many of the National Parks. Quite a few have either pilot or in place “timed spacing” measures. The days of paying an entrance fee when you happen to arrive are gone as it pertains to many parks. A “timed day use permit” is required for entry into parks such as Rocky Mountain, Yosemite, etc., during the busy season. This day use permit is gotten in advance, sometimes weeks in advance of when you think you will arrive at that particular park. This permit is above and beyond whatever annual, senior, or other entry pass. This additional permit usually has a small fee, and a “window” which allows you entry. The windows are about 3 hours. If you don’t make it inside the window, you may well not be allowed to enter. I believe you start over.
    The goal and reasoning is many of our National Parks are so popular, they are little more than very slowly moving parking lots, overcrowded and over used. The timed entry idea is sound and logical, but is very different than it used to be and can be a scheduling nightmare. Just saying.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

We had to register trailer, truck, both spyders last year for glacier too. 3 months in advance. They did check for inspection, plates, registration and insurance for all of them because we had them in toyhauler. We stayed south of park but had to park for the day till the campground was open the following day. It’s on their site.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice. We have been looking into it.