Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    Absolutely Not, Just a joke about an old TV series here in The States about kung fu referring to "grasshopper " being a patient man on rice paper, Sorry, (you hadda be there, to understand) and also stating "I am Very Short on Patients" I believe K80's understood my poor joke!
    When I was a kid in England it was on TV there too, we loved it and watched every week. David Carradine I think was the actor. His father and brothers starred in it too. It was fascinating to watch him wander the American west, never thought I'd live out here though.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    My wife's 2021 Sea to sky's cruse control doesn't function correctly. The accelerate switch doesn't work, and it doesn't always reset the previous speed when reset is pressed. Took it to a dealer in Arizona and was told that they have 4 RT's in the shop with the same issue.
    On the one thats been in their shop for 4 months they replaced the cruse switch, then the complete right switch cluster, the brake switch, cleaned and adjusted the speed sensor, and then replaced the computer control module. Nothing has fixed the issue. They are working with BRP on this, but so far nothing has worked.
    I asked my dealer in Minnesota if they are seeing this issue. Was told that they haven't.

Anyone else having this problem?
    My 2021 RTL Spyder has same problem started with less than 400 miles of new purchase March 2021. RTL Spyder has been in dealership shop since September 2021. BRP has only offered excuses for not resolving warranty cruise control and break light failures. VSS and brake failure codes always cause Spyder to go into "limp home mode". It is no longer safe to ride my Spyder. Dealership southeast of Tucson, AZ has another 2021 Spyder with same un-resolved problems and reported to be dealership in shop since July 2021, both spyders were purchased around same time from this dealership. I have complete shop and BRP email documentation and logged history communication with dealership and BRP since new purchase in March 2021. Dealership has been outstanding in their effort to resolve problems and working with BRP Technicians with no promise when of if warranty issues can ever be resolved. Please feel free to communicate with me asap for more details through Spyderlovers system. Thanks
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

All that is needed is some strong opposition from another similar vehicle c company that actually cares and looks after its customers. Unbelievable that Can-Am are not aware of the ongoing problems that recur year after year.
    There is usually another way. 2020 F3Ltd.
    2020 F3 Ltd , Brake Pedel lowered. Liquid Titanium

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the one thats been in their shop for 4 months they replaced the cruse switch, then the complete right switch cluster,
    That may be the problem right there. If the 2021 is like the pre-2020s, the right switch cluster is basically a collection of switches that has no direct connection to the cruise control system. The right switch module cable goes to the left switch cluster. The MSL is a computer processor that sends digital commands to the ECU and TCM over Canbus in response to the inputs it receives. If the MSL processor is flakey then all the changes you list above will have no effect on the problem.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 01-09-2022 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Correct an acronym

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I went out for a ride today on my 2020 RTL, cruise didn't seem to work at all.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rider Steve View Post
    I went out for a ride today on my 2020 RTL, cruise didn't seem to work at all.
    Sorry to hear that! I suggest you try and find out ALL the problems with your ride and then get it back to your dealer ASAP while this great deal you got is still fresh in everyone's mind. The longer you wait the less apt they are to jump on these problems. After all, you just brought it home, EVERYTHING should have been in working condition at this time! MHO... Keep us informed as to the CC fix. Hope their tech's are brighter than the ones I deal with! Good Luck, Bill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    Sorry to hear that! I suggest you try and find out ALL the problems with your ride and then get it back to your dealer ASAP while this great deal you got is still fresh in everyone's mind. The longer you wait the less apt they are to jump on these problems. After all, you just brought it home, EVERYTHING should have been in working condition at this time! MHO... Keep us informed as to the CC fix. Hope their tech's are brighter than the ones I deal with! Good Luck, Bill
    And that's when the fight started... I bought from a dealer in Dallas... so now I have to find a dealer in Houston that will do the warranty work... wish me luck. First thing they ask you here is did I buy it from them, if you say no they will probably take it in and let it collect endless amounts of dust before they fix it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rider Steve View Post
    And that's when the fight started... I bought from a dealer in Dallas... so now I have to find a dealer in Houston that will do the warranty work... wish me luck. First thing they ask you here is did I buy it from them, if you say no they will probably take it in and let it collect endless amounts of dust before they fix it.
    They must have the pay me now or pay me latter attitude.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Latest info I have is that BRP is thinking the issue is in the wire harness to the rear trunk. They are sending the dealer a replacement to try. I will check with them this coming Saturday to see if that does it. Fingers crossed!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default RTL Spyder cruise control

My wife's 2021 Sea to sky's cruse control doesn't function correctly. The accelerate switch doesn't work, and it doesn't always reset the previous speed when reset is pressed. Took it to a dealer in Arizona and was told that they have 4 RT's in the shop with the same issue.
    On the one thats been in their shop for 4 months they replaced the cruse switch, then the complete right switch cluster, the brake switch, cleaned and adjusted the speed sensor, and then replaced the computer control module. Nothing has fixed the issue. They are working with BRP on this, but so far nothing has worked.
    I asked my dealer in Minnesota if they are seeing this issue. Was told that they haven't.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Hello again I have same problem am working with SC dealreship same as you. Didn't get a responce from you, my old Spyderlovers email no longer exists. Not sure that's been fixed. I Would like to talk to you so here is my email brudot37@gmail.com
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Not picking on anyone, but if the 2020+ models have the same cruise control switch as the 2019 then I wonder if it is a user related problem. For months after getting my 2019 RTL I thought that the resume switch was malfunctioning but finally realized the the upstroke on the switch is more sensitive to correct engagement by the driver than the down switch. If I am careless and do not move the switch up and a little to the right nothing happens but if I consciously engage the resume/accelerate switch it works every time. I just need to be careful in actuating the switch, then no problem. Not the best design perhaps but it works.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

It seemed like the cruise switch on my 21 RTL wouldn't work when I first got it, I think maybe the lube they put in the switches may affect it some. I stopped and played with the switch for a while. Then it would work setting cruise.
    When I tried to get it to resume- I had to hold the switch for like 2 seconds and it worked, same with raising the speed up and down.
    Adj removable backrest, KOTT radiator screens
    Double horn (118db), Lamonster mirror fix
    tender plug in, luggage liner/bags, FOBO 2
    Drinks2go cup holder, replaced the seat strut
    Garmin DriveSmart 71 GPS, Garmin BC 30 backup camera.
    White pulley, Pedal Commander
    Laminar Lip- looks fonky but works.
    J&M 2003 CB installed
    Home made belt guard
    7x12 enclosed trailer

2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic

Skip H.

Spyder Garage

I purchased a 2021 Sea to Sky. I have had these same issues with my cruise control. Slow to respond, or won't respond at all. These are problems that should not exist on a brand-new $30,000 bike. It is also distracting when you are rolling down the highway to be fiddling around with this. BRP should have a recall for this issue, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nobody with a new car or truck would put up with an "Iffy" CC. My dealer says, "most all of them are like that". I have problem with the part, "most". Meaning they are not all the same. I rest my case. ....Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

My cruise will not resume without holding it up for a couple of seconds. It will not increase speed unless you hold it up. I have ridden two other Spyder's and they work fine; just
    like my other bikes. I'm taking mine in April 15 with a list of warranty work so maybe they will replace the right side controls. It does take your concentration off the road while you wait
    to see if it is going to work. Looks like it is a problem on a lot of our Spyder's.

Spyder Garage

Latest info I have is that BRP is thinking the issue is in the wire harness to the rear trunk. They are sending the dealer a replacement to try. I will check with them this coming Saturday to see if that does it. Fingers crossed!
    Sierra Cycles replaced my 2021 RTL brake wire harness to rear trunk. It did not fix the problem. I have reason to believe it's a bad brake light switch they so far have not replaced. Side case brake lights stay on and cruise control can not engage. When I activate brake and quickly release a couple times side case brake lights turn off.

Spyder Garage

I had to take my 2020 RTL in for the cruise not working and VSS fault. After dealer cleared fault, checked brake light switch and cruise switch they could not locate problem. Seems if the brake light switch happens to sends out a stray signal to the cruise control computer, the cruise is disabled. Everything else seems to work just fine. Anybody else get the impression?
    2020 Spyder RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Chrome

Spyder Garage

After parking my new Spyder in the garage once after coming back from a ride I noticed the brake light remained on. Not knowing anything about my new purchase of a 2021 RT L I decided to check the obvious. The switch, the connector and the linkage. I found the linkage was binding at a pivot point to the pedal. The area was clean from debris but the heaviness of the linkage combined with its thickly painted finish had just enough resistance as to not fully release. I sprayed it with some silicone lubricant as to not allow it to attract dirt. It has fixed it for now, no problems with brake light or cruise control which I use frequently. Possibly a stronger return spring is in order or the finish needs to wear in a bit for optimal smoothness. Certainly an activated brake light can cause cruise control malfunction and might be something to check.