Spyder Garage

Default Newer Member here here, wondering how to add a picture to a new post?

How do I add a picture to a new post?
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Hi Willie, I've moved your thread into the Forum Support & Testing area, which I reckon is a much more appropriate spot for it. . As for your question, see the Sticky at the top of this section from Lamonster, the Forum owner/founder, & watch the vid in that for a pretty good guide on how to add a pic to your posts.

Briefly, there are a couple of ways to do this - the first is to click on the little picture frame icon that's usually the third in from the right hand edge of the icons up the top of the 'Quick Reply' box's menu bar, then follow the prompts & buttons, the vid explains in more detail. The second & IMHO, while it may be a bit longer, it's the better way to add pics/images simply because the board software looks after more of the incidentals for you & then displays thumbnails for viewers to expand if they wish, is to either 'Go Advanced' (button down the bottom right of the 'Quick Reply' screen or the screen that comes up if you hit the '+ Reply to Thread' button) & then scroll down past the text box until you find the 'Attachments' block where you should hit the 'Manage Attachments' button, which will bring up a full page that allows you to Upload Files from your Computer or Upload Files from a Website, altho I'd recommend you only add a maximum of Five (5) pics/images etc to any one post, simply so that those with small screen devices or connections that don't have quite the same bandwidth or display capabilities as some can get to see your posts too! If you want to put up more than 5 pics/images, just load up the first post with the first 5, submit it, check to see it's displaying those 5 OK, then post another reply to the thread with the next 5 pics/imagex, & repeat as necessary!

When you use the Manage Attachment method, each pic/image you upload will be listed just above the File Types listing as it's loaded, and once you've got your max of 5 pics loaded & listed for that post, if you hit the 'Close this Window' button right down the bottom of the page, it'll take you back to the Reply to Thread screen so you can check/insert the text, preview the post (Preview Post), or submit the reply (Submit Reply)

Give me a yell if you have any hassles.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-16-2021 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Bold....
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks Peter ����