Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    If not, it's a bummer to have to remember to re-raise it every time.
    2020 and later only. 2019 and earlier don't move.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Boy, I'll say! I run with mine down, EXCEPT for raising it just a tad to prevent breaking that weak bottom mount from road shock. Have they corrected that flaw now? If not, it's a bummer to have to remember to re-raise it every time.
    The windshield goes back to its previous position when restarted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh, I didn't know that part. That's great!
    Last edited by missouriboy; 12-18-2021 at 11:56 AM.
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh, I didn't know that part. That's great!
    It is not a "flaw", that is the way it was designed, IT just seems to us that it is NOT needed, wear and tear on the windshield motor and moving parts, plus electrical draw.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The "flaw" I was talking about is the pot-metal lower windshield support that would break from road-shock after thousands of miles of riding at rock-bottom, most likely after warranty expiration. I wonder if that's been corrected... but as long as engine-start restores prior windshield position, it's not a big deal. Except, as you say, unnecessary wear and tear on the lift mechanism.
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    2020 and later only. 2019 and earlier don't move.
    And I wish the 2019 could be upgraded to auto lower. Hate having to crank it up, lower the windshield, shut it off and then put the cover on because I forgot to lower it when I parked.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    And I wish the 2019 could be upgraded to auto lower. Hate having to crank it up, lower the windshield, shut it off and then put the cover on because I forgot to lower it when I parked.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, We love our 2020RTL too death. Would not trade for anything less.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    IIRC, the UltraGard full cover I have for my RT fits with the windshield in the full up position. It's been a year or two since I last used it so I don't remember for sure.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

My get rid of/wish list (Spyder RTL):
    Sound system & Radio - It's useless and a waste of space.
    Redesign display show RPM on left. Redesign screen in general to more a more efficient view by using tapes versus old analog gauge analogies
    Keep right display on whatever it was when you turned the bike off
    Get stop lower/raise windscreen when powering off/on - Just leave it where it was.
    Thermostat - or at at least put it somewhere away from the engine heat
    Increase amperage of USB ports
    Replace the reflectors with lights to add more lights to increase visibility.

Spyder Garage

The audio system. I run everything through Sirius on my phone. Plus I can answer the phone through my Garman navigation system.
    Last edited by Plarimer; 12-18-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

External speakers. Bluetooth helmet speakers only. Nobody wants to know I still listen to Pink Floyd and Genesis. BRP Connect. Just give us Apple Carplay or Android Auto already. Otherwise my 2018 F3L is almost perfect stock if you don't mention the windshield.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

Larger screen and ability to use android/apple auto.
    Factory option for brighter or more driving lights. My 2018 has the tinted lenses and it really isn't bright enough.
    Real hi/low beams so lights don't bounce at night following someone and give them a headache
    Lighted controls on handle bars. The snow mobiles are so why not the spyders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    What's the one thing you wish Can Am would have just left off your bike or made it optional so you couldve just said no? I'll start - for me, I just don't see the point of having a sound system at all. I've been using in-helmet systems since the 80s. Maybe just optional for those who don't use a helmet.
    I agree 100%
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Radio
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Spyder Garage

2014 RTS

I do not like the 200mph speedo on this thing. Honestly, I can't use the analog dial, the lines/numbers are too close together for easy/quick glance viewing. I use the digital speedo exclusively. I can read the analog tach no problem.

I agree with others - the sound system is useless. I don't like speakers on bikes anyway, no reason to make everyone else listen to my weird - I mean eclectic - taste in music.

The air suspension sucks. I had a dial for pre-load on the ST1300, much simpler.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    2014 RTS

I do not like the 200mph speedo on this thing.
    Clarification. It's a 200 kilometer per hour speedo, not 200 mph! A simple change in Preferences will let you use more of the marks up to 200! If you ever ride your Spyder in Russia, or even Canada, a simple change and your speedo matches the local speed limit signs. Kind of nifty IMO!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Ignition key. Why oh why isn't it keyless? Please BRP, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Do what the big boys do on all their models! Better yet, do what the late model Goldwings do and unlock the cases automatically when the key is in range and lock them again when the key is out of range! I paid over $30k for my 21RT with BRP factory options and farkles from the dealer - keyless should be standard!
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Didn't know that - mine is showing MPH just below the needle. Still, the numbers are too close together for me to read easily, so I don't use it.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    What's the one thing you wish Can Am would have just left off your bike or made it optional so you couldve just said no? I'll start - for me, I just don't see the point of having a sound system at all. I've been using in-helmet systems since the 80s. Maybe just optional for those who don't use a helmet.
    The OEM Tires are poop!
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Have a more user friendly radio controls.. the toggle switch is a joke!
    BIG F

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To think that BRP will pay any attention this thread is probably a pipe dream, but it's good to vent.

Active Member SpyderGoldwingOwner's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Navigation
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT
    2018 Honda Goldwing DCT

Spyder Garage

The 200 mph speedometer!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hbar223 View Post
    The 200 mph speedometer!
    Oops! That's a 200 Kph speedometer, not 200 mph! When you go travel in Canada change the units in the preferences screen and your speedo will match the roadside speed limit signs!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

The horn

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI