Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    The horn
    I 2nd that… but must admit that all my prior motorcycles had crummy horns also except for my 2008 Gold Wing… it actually had a GREAT horn.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Now years in with owning our 2014 RTS, many upgrades were done. Of all the mods, and while Can Am could not do away with it, I believe they could have delivered a better oem seat.
    Our 2014 seat was a 1 hour type for us.
    I did spend a bout 5 hours riding my friends 2021 RTL to the shop for warranty and back home. His had the stock seat. The irony, he was recovering from a supposedly a strained lower back. When I got back from the dealer with his Spyder, I told him, he did not have a back injury, it was the POS stock 2021 seat. Prior to me riding it, he insisted the seat was excellent and offered great support. My lower back was killing me from the stupid bolster he calls it, driving into my lower spine AND no back rest. He did purchase a back rest and now now longer has issues.

Simply, for most folks, the seats are horrible and a stupid expensive upgrade.

On our 2014, besides the seat, I still remain perplexed why the audio system, when using an IPod, prevents the IPod volume from being set higher than 50%. One of the dumbest things regarding the audio system I have dealt with.

Spyder Garage

200 speedo - in this case it's all the US's fault. If we'd have just converted to the metric system back in the 70's like they kept saying we were, we wouldn't have this issue. I was in grade school and they kept teaching both systems saying we'd be on the metric system in a few years. Instead we're half-@$$ing it as usual. I'm sitting here with my 16.9 fl oz (500ml) DDP. Damn stupid if you ask me.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    200 speedo - in this case it's all the US's fault. If we'd have just converted to the metric system back in the 70's like they kept saying we were, we wouldn't have this issue. I was in grade school and they kept teaching both systems saying we'd be on the metric system in a few years. Instead we're half-@$$ing it as usual. I'm sitting here with my 16.9 fl oz (500ml) DDP. Damn stupid if you ask me.
    There even were kilometer distance signs on the Interstates back then for a few years. It's my understanding American industry were the ones who torpedoed the change because of the supposed confusion and complication it would cause in the world of threads and round materials like pipes and shafts. So what have they done since? John Deere and Ford have switched largely to metric in ag equipment and vehicles. Global competition can be demanding!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

After owning 3 Spyders in a row, and comparing them to other type motorcycles I have owned in my 77 years, I would have to say the most Useless Junk is the Spyder itself! Poor quality control at the factory, terrible dealer network, and highly over priced!

Spyder Garage

The PTT button …
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

The radio.

Spyder Garage

As for the candid tires I have 12,000 miles on mine and the front look very good with very little wear. The rear needs to be replaced within probably two or 3000 miles, as I drive it like I stole it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    After owning 3 Spyders in a row, and comparing them to other type motorcycles I have owned in my 77 years, I would have to say the most Useless Junk is the Spyder itself! Poor quality control at the factory, terrible dealer network, and highly over priced!
    Boy, you nailed it! Quality controll, dealer network and overpriced has the possibility of making us all dinosaur owners.

Spyder Garage

I have to say I kinda agree with this, along with some engineering problems.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

The dealer network is horrible. It is tough to find a good Spyder mechanic, and if you do, the shop is usually booked weeks out. For most dealers, it appears that Spyders are a side line and the mechanics "dabble" with Spyders. I have said this before, but if Honda ever came out with a reverse trike, I would be running to buy one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3773 View Post
    The dealer network is horrible. It is tough to find a good Spyder mechanic, and if you do, the shop is usually booked weeks out. For most dealers, it appears that Spyders are a side line and the mechanics "dabble" with Spyders. I have said this before, but if Honda ever came out with a reverse trike, I would be running to buy one.

I gotta agree with that! I have to go past 3 dealerships to get to one 3 hours away from me that actually has a competent mechanic.

3 things that could be much better

1. Turn signal - You gotta be precise pushing the button in to cancel the signal.
    2. Stereo - I doubt 20% of Spyder riders actually use the stereo. Helmet comms are much better and that space could be used for cubby space and/or a larger dash.
    3. Horn - The horn on our Spyders are flat out embarrassing. I feel like Pee Wee Herman riding his bicycle when using the OEM horn. I rode Wings before and they had a horn!

Spyder Garage

On my F3T, the stereo and comm system. I wound up going with a complete auxiliary comm system (MotoCello) because it sucked so badly.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

Dealer network
    Radio
    External speakers
    No Apple Carplay / Android Auto
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark