Spyder Garage

Default Rear Upper A Arm LED Installation Ideas

Has anyone installed LEDs on the upper rear A Arm to increase visibility for drivers behind the Ryker? The current lighting isn't adequate for visibility. I'm looking for a simple DIY solution (red line of LEDs) that continuously displays and doesn't involve turn signals. Solutions that I have seen so far require disassembling the fenders and removing the wheels and that's above my current skill level. Thanks!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thayden10910 View Post
    Has anyone installed LEDs on the upper rear A Arm to increase visibility for drivers behind the Ryker? The current lighting isn't adequate for visibility. I'm looking for a simple DIY solution (red line of LEDs) that continuously displays and doesn't involve turn signals. Solutions that I have seen so far require disassembling the fenders and removing the wheels and that's above my current skill level. Thanks!
    IMHO, RED LED's will match the bike's " running lights " ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 12-12-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Not sure how the Ryker rear looks, I did add red LED strip lights to my rear lower fender on my F3S when it was on. I tapped those lights into the license plate lamp. When I took it off, I added the same type of lights to the lower edge of my upper fender. Every little bit helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO, staying with WHITE LED's will be less confusing to other motorist's ...... Mike
    I don't think rear-facing white LED's are legal, except as backup lights. I could be wrong though.
    2021 , generic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KnurledNut View Post
    I don't think rear-facing white LED's are legal, except as backup lights. I could be wrong though.
    That could be correct ..... and RED might actually be better, the Spyder running lights are also RED .... I'm going to change my post ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I have the LED strip that runs along the top of the front fenders. White to the front and red to the rear. I HATE them and they will soon come off. Why? Because at night on a dark road they shine in my eyes and make seeing difficult in certain situations. I ride with a full face Shoei helmet and the lights hit just the right spot to affect my vision. My point being consider carefully where you put lights that will shine to the rear.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thayden10910 View Post
    I put these on and am very happy with them. You do not need to remove the wheels, and the install, although tedious, is not technically complicated. https://youtu.be/Lj9ErraMDPo