Spyder Garage

Default What Power Outlets have you put in the Frunk of F3s? Pics?

I am going to install a power outlet in the frunk of my 2015 F3s, and was wondering where you guys have installed yours, pictures would be appreciated.
    Kind Regards Willie

Spyder Garage

What type? A pigtail to the battery for hooking up a battery tender? Something for accessories? Or...?
    If it's to connect accessories to, a fuse block is best. That way, you bypass the bike's fussy electronics.
    Last edited by RICZ; 12-09-2021 at 04:20 PM.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

RICZ, I am looking to charge phones, ipad, ect.��

Spyder Garage

My preference would be to install a fuse block that is powered through a relay that is energized only when the ignition is on to prevent accidental battery drain. USB chargers are electrical parasites - always on and using current. Here's my source for fuse blocks - there are others, such as eBay -
    https://www.banggood.com/search/12-v...v&ab_version=1
    And here's my installation on the "firewall" behind the bin in the frunk. The view is looking down....

FUSE BLOCK.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thanks again RICZ, great suggestions, I will most likely do the same. I am new to the Can Am game, I just sold my Goldwing but still have a Honda NC700X which I ride usually 5K+ miles per year. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Kind Regards Willie

Spyder Garage

I have a pigtail tied directly to my battery for my Battery Tender. The pigtail lays/lies under the edge of the cover of the frunk.
    I have several different ends that I can hook to this pigtail for charging appliance and running my heated jacket.
    I also have a double USB socket and Voltmeter installed in OEM heated gear switch hole (left) of the ignition switch.
    The USB is tied to the Customer Accessory terminal wire under the left side panel along with my GPS. This is a switched terminal that is on only with the ignition.

There are 2 more switched Customer Accessory terminal wires that you can access easily. One is under the seat and the other is on the left side under the frunk liner.
    You can hook either of these Accessory wires to a relay and set up a system as RICZ has illustrated.
    Good luck. PM if you need help. I'm a native of Minn.
    Last edited by Haze; 12-10-2021 at 01:45 AM.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the information Haze, very much appreciate. Former Minnesotan hey, good to hear from the frozen north.��
    Kind Regards Willie

Spyder Garage

I simply use a SAE dual USB connection to my battery tender when I ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Here is a thread I posted about the fuseblock I set up in our RTL. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ribution-block I have had this set up on 2 Goldwings, 2 VW based trikes, 3 Harleys, and our current rides, a Triumph Bonneville and the Spyder RTL. The set up doesn't have to be right at the battery, but it does help ease of wiring.

Another former Minnesotan here. Grew up in Farmington, now live in SW MO and am wintering in the Rio Grande Valley. Met 2 Prior Lake residents down here. A man that worked part time at the hardware store, and a very tall gentleman from another park that volunteers at the Olympics and was (or is?) a city councilman. Small world.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-11-2021 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Fixed thread link. ;-)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the post and Idea/pictures, I think this is where I will go. Kind Regards from Good old Minnesota.
    Willie

Spyder Garage

I am intrigued and pleasantly surprised by the folks who power more than their Battery Tender off their Battery Tender pigtail. I'd read that was a no-no, especially powering heated gear off the pigtail. Hmmm.
    2016 Spyder F3-S