Spyder Garage

Default Left Turn Wobble?

New 2021 Ryker 900 owner here. Last weekend I noticed that while taking several wide left hand turns, I would get this strange wobble from the rear end. As soon as I slowed a little, it immediately went away. This was fairly easy to reproduce on left turns, but never happened on right turns. I stopped for lunch and read about the problem and online fingers seemed to point towards the yaw sensor, and this wobble sensation is actually the rear brake. These left turns were never hard enough to think that any sort of traction control would need to kick in, and no error codes thus far. Anyone here with similar experience or suggestions on how to proceed with this? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Thats what I was going to suggest, yaw sensor. 2nd item to check would be your rear wheel nut. I know its a PIA but since its new, I'd take it back under the warranty.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snw0gm View Post
    New 2021 Ryker 900 owner here. Last weekend I noticed that while taking several wide left hand turns, I would get this strange wobble from the rear end. As soon as I slowed a little, it immediately went away. This was fairly easy to reproduce on left turns, but never happened on right turns. I stopped for lunch and read about the problem and online fingers seemed to point towards the yaw sensor, and this wobble sensation is actually the rear brake. These left turns were never hard enough to think that any sort of traction control would need to kick in, and no error codes thus far. Anyone here with similar experience or suggestions on how to proceed with this? Thanks.
    Logic tells me there is only one " YAW " sensor ..... and it senses any deviation to it's design parameters .... left or right makes no difference.... So IMHO your issue is caused by something else ..... Are the front tire pressures the same or at least very similar ?????? ......... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Many of us have it exactly as you say, including me. No fix from brp yet but I'm trading for a 2022 Sport anyway so its their problem?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Its been a widely reported issue on many of the FB Ryker groups. According to some of them, dealer changing the yaw sensor seemed to correct the problem.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

I had this 3 years ago (mine is a 2018) - your dealer has just to calibrate the "steering angle sensor" .. but: if it starts again after a while, he also has to check the fastening of the sensor.. there is now a bulletin about this .. mine is ok now since more than 10 Tmiles ..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamryder View Post
    This video really tells you what its ALL about. I don't get codes but have to really baby it on left sweepers. Improved pressed bearings But I still don't think they figured it out yet. Its Too much fun Not to ride it!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    I had this 3 years ago (mine is a 2018) - your dealer has just to calibrate the "steering angle sensor" .. but: if it starts again after a while, he also has to check the fastening of the sensor.. there is now a bulletin about this .. mine is ok now since more than 10 Tmiles ..
    Steering angle sensor makes sense why it is left turn only.

Spyder Garage

I made a post about the right tire wobble while making sweeping left hands turns about a year ago. This was during a trip to the mountains and noticed the wobble while on the Cherohola Skyway and other mountain roads. I did not notice any problems with the rear tire, and did not have any code issues. I assumed it was some kind of front end alignment issue, but based on on the recent comments it appears to be a different problem. I ride a 2019 Ryker with BajaRon antisway bar and links.

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

I noticed this on mine with a passenger, and the handle bars where slightly turned toward the left. Rode fine when going straight. I loosened the tie rods and adjusted the left shorter and the right longer by equal turns. This straightened the bars and also stopped the 'nanny' from coming on during mild turns. I think that's what you're feeling. There is a yaw sensor, but the above changes readjusted the steering angle sensor. If the alignment is fine and the handlebars are straight, I believe the steering angle sensor is adjustable on its own.
    I'll likely have it made aligned next spring just for piece of mind but it rides great.
    2019 Rally , BLACK

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 2020 Ryker 600

Quote Originally Posted by Snw0gm View Post
    Same problem here - purchased bike 07/31/20 and has been back to 3 different authorized dealer's a total of 9 times now. At first it was just throwing VSS codes (1st 2 months) then we started with the wobble. Repairs include - replace YAW 2 times now, sensor wheel and ball bearing another time. Currently in again and so far they have replaced the knuckle, ball bearing again (1st authorized dealer looked to have used a hammer to install 1st ball bearing) sensor wheel and axle wheel. That did not work so we were on to new VCM, still wobbling. Next another steering update, wobble, wobble, wobble. Next comes the wiring harness, wobble, wobble, wobble. Let's try front disk brake, right front caliper and brake pad kit, wobble, wobble, wobble. Opinion of the dealer I purchased the bike from was to GET RID OF THE BIKE and offered a really low trade in compared to what I spent out the door. BRP seems to think they can fix it but it's been out of commission since August 2021.