Spyder Garage

Default RT battery change - any data loss when disconnecting cables?

Is there a problem with loss of pertanent data when disconnecting battery cables?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No, not at all.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    No, not at all.
    .... settings that YOU can adjust like the radio etc. will need to be re-set ....but that's all ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, I was hoping when I changed my battery on my 14 RTS it would clear my radio setting because they were all screwed up. Well, it didn't help one bit. I don't know what happened but it didn't work. The battery was out for one entire day. Finless tried to explain to me how to clear the presets but I still couldn't figure it out.

Spyder Garage

Mike, I was hoping when I changed my battery on my 14 RTS it would clear my radio setting because they were all screwed up...
    While it's a mite of a PITA you clear the preset stations by overwriting them.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mike, I was hoping when I changed my battery on my 14 RTS it would clear my radio setting because they were all screwed up. Well, it didn't help one bit. I don't know what happened but it didn't work. The battery was out for one entire day. Finless tried to explain to me how to clear the presets but I still couldn't figure it out.
    .... I don't use pre-sets, so I can't help ....... when I said " RADIO " I was referring to things like - balance - fade - vol. control etc. .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    While it's a mite of a PITA you clear the preset stations by overwriting them.
    Thank you JayBros I will try that. It's not been a common subject discussed on this forum.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thank you JayBros I will try that. It's not been a common subject discussed on this forum.
    IIRC, one way is to go into preferences and set the audio region to something other than US. Then tune the radio to a frequency that is nothing but static, overwrite each preset, and return region back to 1. I don't know if the presets will then all be silent or static.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)